First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Interested in feedback from this forum of enthusiasts... Have an AMB Limited coming in a couple of weeks and considering aftermarket wheels and tires. What do you guys think of the attached wheel/tire combo?

Wheels: Fuel Covert +20mm 20 inch in Anthracite (9 inch width)
Tires: Nitto Ridge Grapplers 295/60R20 (Load E)

Ford F-150 Aftermarket wheels and tires on a Limited? Fuel Covert / Nitto Ridge Grapplers Screen Shot 2021-02-12 at 1.13.03 PM

1. Will this look stupid on a Limited trim?
2. Will this fit stock height (no level)? If not, will it fit with a regular 2-2.25 inch level?
3. Will this just barely stick out of the fender wells (1-1.25 ish inch...hoping my math is right)? Looking for a slightly aggressive stance/look but don't want them sticking out massively.
4. How will this impact my ride quality, towing, acceleration, load, etc.?
5. Any other impacts i should consider? (e.g. need to do speedometer calibration, alignment, etc... Will all the various sensors, AutoPilot 2.0 stuff, etc. still work?)
6. Is there a place to get wheels and tires that is universally considered best/cheapest?
7. Is there anything other than eBay that i can do with my unused Limited 22inch wheel and tire set?

Appreciate any and all comments, feedback, tips, etc.!

EDITS: changed plan based on feedback below...+1 to +20 offset, reduced tire size.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Arbybaconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4Runner TRD Pro
I don't have answers to your question, just want to chime in that I am following this thread.

I have a seen a few antimatter blue trucks with dark rims, and personally don't like the look, and prefer a bit more contrast. I think dark rims look great with grey/black/white trucks though.

I really like the wheel/tire combo in this BDS video:

Ford F-150 Aftermarket wheels and tires on a Limited? Fuel Covert / Nitto Ridge Grapplers QnO5F5l

I feel like the wheels compliment the Dark Navy body style in a very handsome way. It's great looking build.

Lift: 4" BDS
Tires: 35” Mickey Thompson Baja
Wheels: 20x10 Method Race Wheels Series 304 in Machined finish https://www.4wheelparts.com/p/method-304-double-standard-machined-wheels/prod1240215

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
1. Will this look stupid on a Limited trim?
2. Will this fit stock height (no level)? If not, will it fit with a regular 2-2.25 inch level?
3. Will this just barely stick out of the fender wells (1-1.25 ish inch...hoping my math is right)? Looking for a slightly aggressive stance/look but don't want them sticking out massively.
4. How will this impact my ride quality, towing, acceleration, load, etc.?
5. Any other impacts i should consider? (e.g. need to do speedometer calibration, alignment, etc... Will all the various sensors, AutoPilot 2.0 stuff, etc. still work?)
6. Is there a place to get wheels and tires that is universally considered best/cheapest?
7. Is there anything other than eBay that i can do with my unused Limited 22inch wheel and tire set?

Appreciate any and all comments, feedback, tips, etc.!
1. No
2. Need a 2" leveling kit for front. Have to do it to fit 35"
3. It will stick out 1-1.5 inches, slightly aggressive. The 12.5" width causes it, in combo with your 0 offset.
4. Won't affect ride quality too much, but you'll lose 2-3MPG for going 33-->35 on inches.
5. You'll need to recalib. your speedometer and that can be done with a 60$ amazon usb adapter and the app everyone is using
6. Discount Tire, they're in your area. They're awesome. You can order both rims and tires from them, any make & model, and they'll match pricing. And if you ask, they'll put on one wheel, let you look at it, then do the rest, unless you want a tire change (like going 12.5 down to 9 wide tires)... to which they'll let you do. I went with Nitto Grapplers, 34.5", 9" wide and a rim with -12 offset. Since your offset is less, but tires wider, we'll come out close to the same on aggressive, but you'll have more to worry about with rubbing as your tires are wider.
7. Facebook Marketplace, and other local-selling apps on your phone, and NextDoor.com

Side Notes : If you have chrome package, don't put on all-black rims. Everyone puts on all-black rims and they're boring and don't look nearly as sharp IMHO.

Ford F-150 Aftermarket wheels and tires on a Limited? Fuel Covert / Nitto Ridge Grapplers RIM

Last edited:
OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
1. No
2. Need a 2" leveling kit for front. Have to do it to fit 35"
3. It will stick out 1-1.5 inches, slightly aggressive. The 12.5" width causes it, in combo with your 0 offset.
4. Won't affect ride quality too much, but you'll lose 2-3MPG for going 33-->35 on inches.
5. You'll need to recalib. your speedometer and that can be done with a 60$ amazon usb adapter and the app everyone is using
6. Discount Tire, they're in your area. They're awesome. You can order both rims and tires from them, any make & model, and they'll match pricing. And if you ask, they'll put on one wheel, let you look at it, then do the rest, unless you want a tire change (like going 12.5 down to 9 wide tires)... to which they'll let you do. I went with Nitto Grapplers, 34.5", 9" wide and a rim with -12 offset. Since your offset is less, but tires wider, we'll come out close to the same on aggressive, but you'll have more to worry about with rubbing as your tires are wider.
7. Facebook Marketplace, and other local-selling apps on your phone, and NextDoor.com

Side Notes : If you have chrome package, don't put on all-black rims. Everyone puts on all-black rims and they're boring and don't look nearly as sharp IMHO.

RIM.jpg
Excellent replies, appreciate your thoroughness. A couple of follow-up's...

1. If i go with Nitto 34.5's, 9 wide, but still with my planned +1 offset, would it then fit stock (no level)? If so, what exact tire side/specs is that?
2. Any idea how much a totally new set of Limited wheels and tires would actually go for? Trying to figure out how much of a dent i'd be able to put into the cost of the new wheels/tires. Would Discount Tire give me some sort of credit?

satexas

First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 PB 2021 L502a
A
Excellent replies, appreciate your thoroughness. A couple of follow-up's...

1. If i go with Nitto 34.5's, 9 wide, but still with my planned +1 offset, would it then fit stock (no level)? If so, what exact tire side/specs is that?
2. Any idea how much a totally new set of Limited wheels and tires would actually go for? Trying to figure out how much of a dent i'd be able to put into the cost of the new wheels/tires. Would Discount Tire give me some sort of credit?
Anything over 33 you really have to have a kit. Threads and videos all over this site to show you.

No idea value, and Discount Tire does not do trade-ins.

Sponsored

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Last edited:
OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I changed my original post based on feedback... now wondering if i'd achieve more of what i'm looking for with +20 vs. +1 offset and slightly smaller tire size (33.9 inch height). Hoping this would clear the fenders, crash bars, etc. on stock suspension. Thoughts?

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I changed my original post based on feedback... now wondering if i'd achieve more of what i'm looking for with +20 vs. +1 offset and slightly smaller tire size (33.9 inch height). Hoping this would clear the fenders, crash bars, etc. on stock suspension. Thoughts?
Don't think it will clear. 2" Leveling kit will get you there. Im going 295/60/20 its going to change the quality of the ride due to the load range E tire, but I'm willing to roll the dice...can't be any worse the my last F250 powerstroke. This thing is a Cadillac vs that ride quality.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Don't think it will clear. 2" Leveling kit will get you there. Im going 295/60/20 its going to change the quality of the ride due to the load range E tire, but I'm willing to roll the dice...can't be any worse the my last F250 powerstroke. This thing is a Cadillac vs that ride quality.
I'm starting to lean towards the same 295/60R20 Load E Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Fuel Covert 20x9 +20mm Anthracite wheels...(and likely a BDS 2.5 inch level)/

What do you think the difference will be in ride with that set up vs. the stock Limited 22's and General Grabber tires?

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I'm starting to lean towards the same 295/60R20 Load E Nitto Ridge Grapplers and Fuel Covert 20x9 +20mm Anthracite wheels...(and likely a BDS 2.5 inch level)/

What do you think the difference will be in ride with that set up vs. the stock Limited 22's and General Grabber tires?
What BDS kit are you going with? The full suspension kit or the leveling kit?

Sponsored

Elkhunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
2.5 inch leveling
I leveled mine and it drives exactly the same. I know when I move to the load range E it will make it a bit stiffer. I'm going to mess with tire pressure to see how that effects the ride quality.

I bet the 20's with that set up will ride just as good as the stock 22's.

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
I leveled mine and it drives exactly the same. I know when I move to the load range E it will make it a bit stiffer. I'm going to mess with tire pressure to see how that effects the ride quality.

I bet the 20's with that set up will ride just as good as the stock 22's.
That’s exactly what I’m hoping, that the 20s with properly tweaked pressure is no worse than the 22’s if not even a bit better.

Arbybaconator

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 4Runner TRD Pro
Did you ever settle on what tires and wheels you want?

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Did you ever settle on what tires and wheels you want?
yep, and have all already in my garage (delivered yesterday in fact). I went with exactly the same setup that is is my original post.

Ford F-150 Aftermarket wheels and tires on a Limited? Fuel Covert / Nitto Ridge Grapplers 1614276364303
Sponsored