Sponsored

Aftermarket Remote Starters?

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat "Sport" FX4
I have a Start-X Remote Starter on my 2020 XLT Ranger w/ Sync 3... I wonder if it will work on my 2021 F150 XL/STX w/ Sync 4. (The reason I'm wondering is because it's also compatible with the 2020 F150's per the manufacturer's website/manual).

Could it cause any damage to the truck if I plug it into the OBD-II port and it's incompatible?
Sponsored

ZWARRIOR

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat 501A 2.7l
Occupation
Software Engineer
I'd like to remind ya that you can remote start with with your phone.

OP
OP
M4X

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yes of course; however, that doesn't work when you're offroading miles from civilization/cell service.

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
Yes of course; however, that doesn't work when you're offroading miles from civilization/cell service.
man we’re really getting soft as a species...

why do you need a remote starter in such a chill environment as the one you described? I think of it more as a 5 days a week, gotta head to work in 20min and it’s below freezing or 90 above kinda feature.

it won’t fry your ECM if it isn’t compatible.

OP
OP
M4X

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
man we’re really getting soft as a species...

why do you need a remote starter in such a chill environment as the one you described? I think of it more as a 5 days a week, gotta head to work in 20min and it’s below freezing or 90 above kinda feature.

it won’t fry your ECM if it isn’t compatible.
I really don't see why this is an issue with you? These trucks come with remote starter fobs from the factory. I just opted to save $$$ with the XL/STX because I'd rather add the RS myself and spend the other saved cash on other mods.

Sponsored

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
I really don't see why this is an issue with you? These trucks come with remote starter fobs from the factory. I just opted to save $$$ with the XL/STX because I'd rather add the RS myself and spend the other saved cash on other mods.
I liked your covered wagon comment the first time before you edited ?

I totally agree with saving money on options you don’t need/want. Above it was mentioned you can use your FordPass to start,you saved money & still have the same capability. ??

I was just sayin’ if you’re out in the middle of nowhere having a great time camping & wheelin with your family, the loss of cell coverage to start your truck once for the trip home would be a blessing, not the worst inconvenience ever.

I apologize for my sense of humor if I offended you.

OP
OP
M4X

M4X

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I liked your covered wagon comment the first time before you edited ?

I totally agree with saving money on options you don’t need/want. Above it was mentioned you can use your FordPass to start,you saved money & still have the same capability. ??

I was just sayin’ if you’re out in the middle of nowhere having a great time camping & wheelin with your family, the loss of cell coverage to start your truck once for the trip home would be a blessing, not the worst inconvenience ever.

I apologize for my sense of humor if I offended you.
All good. I edited because I realized I was being too argumentative so I toned it down a little.

STX21

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 stx
On my 2018 stx i had added the ford proximity alarm with extended range remote start. YOu could start it with the extended fob or the normal key fob. The 2021 STX seems to have an alarm already. Has anyone added a factory remote start to a base level truck? Would it be the same alarm/remote start combo? Whats the best option to add factory remote start on the new trucks?

rjpicucci

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew XL
Okay, I just installed my remote aftermarket starter from Kickyride. It's KR-RS-FL8B. (I don't have anything to do with the company).

4 wires.
It says don't tap them because the taps will cause programming issues but I tapped the power and ground wires since they aren't carrying data.

The other two data wires, I did a military middle wire tap so they had lots of contact area.

It's a simple remote starter 3 hits on the lock (horn) or can be programmed to lock, unlock, lock buttons for no horn.

Very simple. Just take your time stripping the insulation off the data wires since they're 20 gauge. Go slow and shallow with a razer. Also, on the wire harness, pull all of the harness connections so you can work with the harness easier.

Also, I found the best spot to put the computer was not zip tied like they tell you (the dash tends to get in the way when you put it back in). I found if you tuck it on the bottom of where the harness plugs in, there's space for it to fit flat between the metal floor and the vinyl of the dash.

Before anyone says "you have the Ford pass..." I know. I don't like pulling my phone out, finding the app, loading it, then holding the button when I'm usually a few hundred feet away from my truck when I start it. I do have my keys in my hand though so I wanted a FOB remote starter.
Sponsored