Sponsored

Aftermarket antenna

Crapblaster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I needed a shorter one to keep from hitting the garage door. I cut the factory one off so I had about 1/2 inch clearance. Took the little ball off the end and drilled it out a little bit larger and glued it back on.
Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A 5.0L FX4 & '15 Audi A5 T2
Occupation
Aircraft Maintenance Technician
I've had this one for a few weeks now. I picked the 13" thinking more length is better. I did it after going through a low ceiling parking garage and the whip antenna was so loud against the ceiling, sounded like the roof of the truck was being torn off.
Ironically this is the exact reason I don't plan on changing my factory antenna.

While driving a rental '21 Lariat (which ultimately led to ordering one of my own) we had to park in a multistory parking garage. The entrance sign said 7' clearance, and I had no idea of the height of the truck and was skeptical. Sure enough the very end of the antenna scraped the bottom of the sign but that was it, nothing else in the garage came close. Going slowly the antenna was a good indicator of close clearance. I'd rather scrape the end of the antenna than the roof of my truck.

Sponsored

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I'm trying to decide between what I suspect are identical 7" Rydonair antennas, but have different model #'s, and one has a carwash guarantee. The one with the guarantee costs a few bucks more, which I also suspect is to cover the guarantee benefit.

Model # B07WTZK6RH, Carwash Guarantee, $26
https://www.rydonair.com/collection...9-2020-designed-for-optimized-fm-am-reception

Model # B07MJKMGY4, No Guarantee, $22
https://www.rydonair.com/collection...cement-designed-for-optimized-fm-am-reception

Specs state these antennas fit 2009-2020, but I'm assuming they'll also fit a 2021.

I submitted a question on this via the Rydonair web site, but have yet to get a response.

Thoughts / experiences?

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
I'm trying to decide between what I suspect are identical 7" Rydonair antennas, but have different model #'s, and one has a carwash guarantee. The one with the guarantee costs a few bucks more, which I also suspect is to cover the guarantee benefit.

https://www.rydonair.com/collection...9-2020-designed-for-optimized-fm-am-reception

https://www.rydonair.com/collection...cement-designed-for-optimized-fm-am-reception

Specs state these antennas fit 2009-2020, but I'm assuming they'll also fit a 2021.

I submitted a question on this via the Rydonair web site, but have yet to get a response.

Thoughts / experiences?
Based on one of the reviews that was posted on the one NOT claiming to be carwash proof, I assume that that is the only difference.

This image was included with that review. I assume it is the installation guide.

Ford F-150 Aftermarket antenna 71VccXveUJL

Smitdog

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
If the two were truly different, it'd be helpful to know what makes one of them "car wash safe".

apMechorse

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
If the two were truly different, it'd be helpful to know what makes one of them "car wash safe".
They really do look identical. Honestly the only difference appears to be one of them is listed as "car wash proof."

Beats me.

Sponsored

MJEngstrom

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 BMW X3, 2021 F-150 Lariat 502A
Occupation
IT

Thoughts / experiences?
I had the same question when I bought mine from Amazon. I ended up purchasing the one that said it was car wash safe. Amazon also shows the date it was first available and the car wash safe one was newer. I haven’t taken it in a car wash but so far no issues.

discothan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
I've bought a few of these now but from Amazon, sold by the Rydonair store. Easier return process if you don't like and a 1-YR replacement warranty. No issues so far in automatic spinning foam brush car washes.

13" Stubby Antenna

Looks like the 8" one is cheaper.

8" Stubby

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
do people still go into touch car washes? touches will be fine no matter what. I got the 13" rydonair and the reception is just as good or possibly better than stock

RickZ

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
This is the one I bought from Amazon:

KSaAuto Antenna Fits for Ford F150 2009-2021, 16 Inch Spiral Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement, Designed for Optimized FM/AM Radio Reception

For antennas. height matters. I thought this one was good because it was between the original and the ones being suggested. I haven't found much difference between this one and the oem
Sponsored