First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Simple question, is there any shorter antenna that is consensus best and has no, or minimal, impact on reception.

Not interested in “this one is looks like a bullet” or any other kitchy gimmick, just want shorter antenna with minimal compromise reception quality. Any such thing out there?
Sponsored

Mrtosh

First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 powerboost
Subscribing as I'd like to know the same. Thwres a few on Amazon that say they don't but I'm skeptical.

Hugo

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 SC Lariat 3.5 EB FX4 Carbonized Grey
Occupation
Law Enforcement
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MRER77...abc_BGZEDFZQRV82S4XGRZRH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1 is what I have. I like it enough. I don't really listen to am/fm a lot but when I do I can't tell the difference. I think all of these are made in the same Chinese factory despite what they may advertise. This one has the same pics from the antenna above from 2 "different" manufacturers. But I wouldn't trust any through a car wash.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov

Sponsored

Asphaltman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150, 2021 F150, 2018 F-150 1997 F-250H
Occupation
Entrepreneur

serinjune

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 Lariat 3.5L EB FX4
Definitely go for a longer than 6-7” antenna. I got this one and it’s supposed to be great. Not as long as the factory antenna but is shorter and looks nicer.

Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Ford F150 2009-2021 | 13 inches Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement | Designed for Optimized FM/AM Reception https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BDKNQW...abc_69QE5EG01NBNKZTCNHSH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
This is the one I just ordered too! I don’t plan to make regular trips to the car wash, so maybe it’ll be just fine.

rjpicucci

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew XL
Definitely go for a longer than 6-7” antenna. I got this one and it’s supposed to be great. Not as long as the factory antenna but is shorter and looks nicer.

Rydonair Antenna Compatible with Ford F150 2009-2021 | 13 inches Flexible Rubber Antenna Replacement | Designed for Optimized FM/AM Reception https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BDKNQW...abc_69QE5EG01NBNKZTCNHSH?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
I've had this one for a few weeks now. I picked the 13" thinking more length is better. I did it after going through a low ceiling parking garage and the whip antenna was so loud against the ceiling, sounded like the roof of the truck was being torn off.

I mostly listen to the sports stations but I've been happy with this one. So far, any of the stations I care about have been fine. Haven't checked AM but I rarely go on that band anyway. I'd recommend this one too. I am in the suburbs of MA so I don't know how it would do in more rural areas but it's good enough for me.

Sponsored

C_Low

First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
I just purchased that one as well. Works fine and looks better, but I very rarely use AM/FM.
Good to know. I use Bluetooth and XM mainly. But at times I do listen to local channels.

Madman

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
3 Ford Explorers
Occupation
Engineer

Very timely! I just ordered this one. I had almost pulled the trigger on the 6 3/4” Rydonair but this longer antenna makes more sense. Thank you for sharing!

OP
OP
zdjelar

zdjelar

First Name
Saša
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited (AMB)
Occupation
Energy
Very timely! I just ordered this one. I had almost pulled the trigger on the 6 3/4” Rydonair but this longer antenna makes more sense. Thank you for sharing!
Agree. Done, sold. Just bought this one.
Sponsored