First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Limited PowerBoost Smoked Quartz
Occupation
Gainfully Retired
I'm trying to decide between what I suspect are identical 7" Rydonair antennas, but have different model #'s, and one has a carwash guarantee. The one with the guarantee costs a few bucks more, which I also suspect is to cover the guarantee benefit.

Model # B07WTZK6RH, Carwash Guarantee, $26
https://www.rydonair.com/collection...9-2020-designed-for-optimized-fm-am-reception

Model # B07MJKMGY4, No Guarantee, $22
https://www.rydonair.com/collection...cement-designed-for-optimized-fm-am-reception

Specs state these antennas fit 2009-2020, but I'm assuming they'll also fit a 2021.

I submitted a question on this via the Rydonair web site, but have yet to get a response.

Thoughts / experiences?
Have sent Rydonair two messages on this question, no response.

Bravo36

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch FX 4
Occupation
Retired Fed LEO, Current Federal Contractor
They fit, I have one.

klinkor

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I just installed a 13" Rydonair and though I do like the look, I definently lost reception. With the factory antenna, I had perfect coverage on a local radio station 850AM while inside my garage. Now I hear minor crackling.

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
I just installed a 13" Rydonair and though I do like the look, I definently lost reception. With the factory antenna, I had perfect coverage on a local radio station 850AM while inside my garage. Now I hear minor crackling.
AM shouldn't use the aerial antenna. Normally, radios on AM stations use ferrite bar antennas.

Sponsored

NumbersGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 King Ranch
How's the Cravenspeed working out for you?
I've been wanting to write-up the install on my thoughts on here, but have been busy. I never listened to FM with the OEM antenna. I tried listening to FM with the Cravenspeed, and it didn't sound as clear as I imagined FM should sound. With that said, I don't really listen to FM...mainly Sirius or CarPlay, so I'm keeping the Cravenspeed so I don't damage my house with the OEM antenna when pulling in the garage.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Do all antennas receive HD broadcasting? or only certain ones

CommoSGT

First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150 Lariat SCrew, 2021 F150 Lariat SCrew
Occupation
Engineer
The FM antenna should collect the signal just fine. HD is FM radio, just broadcast in digital format and in a narrower band.

MDM

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
AM shouldn't use the aerial antenna. Normally, radios on AM stations use ferrite bar antennas.
I listen to a fair amount of AM radio, so you think I can switch to a shorter aerial antenna without losing AM reception? Thanks.

TheRealSOB

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2.7 eco Space White
Dealership sold me the Cravenspeed Stubby. Reception is great. Looks nice. The tiny logo on the antenna points at exactly 3 o'clock when tightened down. I appreciate that detail. I'd recommend It for sure.

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm trying to decide between what I suspect are identical 7" Rydonair antennas, but have different model #'s, and one has a carwash guarantee. The one with the guarantee costs a few bucks more, which I also suspect is to cover the guarantee benefit.

Model # B07WTZK6RH, Carwash Guarantee, $26
https://www.rydonair.com/collection...9-2020-designed-for-optimized-fm-am-reception

Model # B07MJKMGY4, No Guarantee, $22
https://www.rydonair.com/collection...cement-designed-for-optimized-fm-am-reception

Specs state these antennas fit 2009-2020, but I'm assuming they'll also fit a 2021.

I submitted a question on this via the Rydonair web site, but have yet to get a response.

Thoughts / experiences?
From the links you added it appears the mount post on non car wash safe is brass. The car wash safe shows as stainless steel.
Sponsored