Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2002 Subaru, 21 f150 502a ecoboost
Occupation
Utility maintenance worker
EcoBoost 502a 157”

So I preordered this exhaust over two months ago. I wanted a mid-side exit system, with black tips. At the time this was my only option.
I struggled with AFE’s communication during this process, it seemed oddly familiar to what many of us have experienced.
Anyways, I finally got the system today, I had already taken my stock exhaust off yesterday in anticipation for my package.(which can be taken off on jack stands without cutting it, despite some reports I’ve seen)
When I opened the package I noticed right away the muffler had a large dent in it, unfortunately on the bottom side.(so now every time I go under my truck I get to stare at it.)
Most AFE unboxings I’ve seen on YouTube includes a license plate frame and stickers, not mine, which was disappointing.
The instructions were absolutely garbage and pictures were illegible. Thankfully there are good videos on YouTube.
The install itself took me about an hour and a half from tear down to first start whilst hobbling around the garage with a healing ankle injury.
This system sounds amazing in my opinion. I thought it was going to be way more aggressive, but I was pleasantly surprised. Idle has a nice rumble, WOT is nasty! and the “drone” is just enough to let you know it’s there, but not enough that you can’t forget about it.
Ford F-150 AFE Rebel Hater Pipes C317B5DB-FDC8-469D-9AE1-5ACECEC3A615

Ford F-150 AFE Rebel Hater Pipes 7821644B-BA9B-4901-B3DC-E9CA7CA84D10

Stock

Open downpipe

AFE Rebel

I know it’s not a V8.. blah blah blah. Go tell someone else how your buddy in high schools car with 3/4 race cam and camel hump heads used to clear pop cans with the front tires. Your “old school” 5.0 is the most modern v8 on the market. ?
Sponsored

mattchops

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
That sounds really good. I like it a lot. Perfect amount of drone normally, but not too much otherwise

DirtFreak

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 Ford F250
Occupation
Retired ( paper maker )
EcoBoost 502a 157”

So I preordered this exhaust over two months ago. I wanted a mid-side exit system, with black tips. At the time this was my only option.
I struggled with AFE’s communication during this process, it seemed oddly familiar to what many of us have experienced.
Anyways, I finally got the system today, I had already taken my stock exhaust off yesterday in anticipation for my package.(which can be taken off on jack stands without cutting it, despite some reports I’ve seen)
When I opened the package I noticed right away the muffler had a large dent in it, unfortunately on the bottom side.(so now every time I go under my truck I get to stare at it.)
Most AFE unboxings I’ve seen on YouTube includes a license plate frame and stickers, not mine, which was disappointing.
The instructions were absolutely garbage and pictures were illegible. Thankfully there are good videos on YouTube.
The install itself took me about an hour and a half from tear down to first start whilst hobbling around the garage with a healing ankle injury.
This system sounds amazing in my opinion. I thought it was going to be way more aggressive, but I was pleasantly surprised. Idle has a nice rumble, WOT is nasty! and the “drone” is just enough to let you know it’s there, but not enough that you can’t forget about it.
C317B5DB-FDC8-469D-9AE1-5ACECEC3A615.jpeg

7821644B-BA9B-4901-B3DC-E9CA7CA84D10.jpeg

Stock

Open downpipe

AFE Rebel

I know it’s not a V8.. blah blah blah. Go tell someone else how your buddy in high schools car with 3/4 race cam and camel hump heads used to clear pop cans with the front tires. Your “old school” 5.0 is the most modern v8 on the market. ?
I remember back in 1997 Ford had the exhaust exit the side in front of the rear wheel like that on all F150's it was the only year they did it because the exhaust made the chrome hub cap covering the lug nuts turned green.

Last edited: