Advice Request: PB at airport parking for multiple days

DrBST

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 3.5L PowerBoost
Howdy all - if there is a similar thread on this topic please let me know, not wanting to duplicate.

I am preparing to take my first extended business trip since purchasing my '23 PB. It will be sitting in airport parking for at least 7 days. Is there anything pro-active I can do to reduce the chances of it not starting due to low state of charge (SOC), or am I needlessly concerned?

Thanks in advance all.

-Brian
Sponsored

Davexxxx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 PB 501a 4x4 short bed 7.2KW. PL=1658lbs.
Yeah. Get yourself a jump pack. Charge it up and keep it under the seat.

I caught one of the larger Gooloos on Prime Day but there are tons of offerings and the tech changes quickly.

Do a pre-emptive maintenance charge the night before you leave.

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Never had an issue since I replaced the OEM battery (12V battery under the hood) with a quality aftermarket battery. Left my truck for three weeks without issues.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
I've left my truck at the airport for a couple weeks at a time. During the winter (cold months), the truck will go into deep sleep mode and preseve the battery. It's always started. But I do have a charged jump pack in the center console, just in case.

amschind

First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F150 SCrew 4x4 Powerboost
Occupation
Physician
I vote don't worry about it. I keep a giant starter pack in my truck, but its mostly to help others. I have left the truck sitting for a solid month several times and never had an issue. My bigger worry with airport parking lots is that you return to find that someone has traded the belongings stored in your truck.

Sponsored

Tomatoboy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer XLT, 2017 Ford Escape SE, F-150
~7 days is a non-issue unless you have some reason to believe you have a pre-existing battery issue. It’s not until you get to really long airport stays that you have to be proactive about it with all but the fussiest of vehicles. So long as you’ve got a decent drive to the airport, the vehicle will go to bed with enough SoC that it’ll start back up when you get back in a week. It may go into deep sleep mode, but that‘s more of an annoyance than anything else.

TSGarp007

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 4x4 Supercrew Powerboost 302A
HVAC blower set at 5+ on the drive to the airport.

KGanz

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Powerboost
Never had an issue since I replaced the OEM battery (12V battery under the hood) with a quality aftermarket battery. Left my truck for three weeks without issues.
I'm considering replacing my 12v with a new Non-Ford battery. Any special steps you took swapping batteries on the Powerboost?

RickBullotta

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I'm considering replacing my 12v with a new Non-Ford battery. Any special steps you took swapping batteries on the Powerboost?
Nope. Just a standard high quality aftermarket AGM battery

Jimi

First Name
Jimi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat Powerboost 502a Sport appearance
Occupation
Owner/Driver
Howdy all - if there is a similar thread on this topic please let me know, not wanting to duplicate.

I am preparing to take my first extended business trip since purchasing my '23 PB. It will be sitting in airport parking for at least 7 days. Is there anything pro-active I can do to reduce the chances of it not starting due to low state of charge (SOC), or am I needlessly concerned?

Thanks in advance all.

-Brian
It might not be there when you return. Haven't heard that the airport is a TERRIBLE place to leave your vehicle for any period of time. 😳

Sponsored

hitekguruaz

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat PB F150
Occupation
Engineer
I've parked my 21 PB at the airport for weeks at a time. As recently as a month ago on the original battery. It will not go into low charge start. You can keep an eye on it from the Ford pass app. You can set alarm notifications on the app. I always park mine in covered parking in case there is a hail storm it's worth the extra 2 dollars a day. This is all a non issue and nothing to be worried about.

OP
OP
DrBST

DrBST

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 3.5L PowerBoost
Howdy all - thank you for the inputs and advice. I plan on letting it ride and not doing anything beyond normal. Appreciate it!
-Brian

bluebeeryale

First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost Platinum
Another vote for "don't worry about it." I parked my other car at the airport, but '22 PB was parked at home for two weeks. zero issues. Modern cars typically (BMW, anyway) go into deep sleep and shed unnecessary power consumption when not used. And PB has separate 12v system anyway. Safe Travels!

Daddonap

First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 King Ranch, 2016 GT350R
I too have traveled and left the truck for over a Month while in the late spring & fall. No issue, don't worry about.
I am currently away from mine since Mid May and will not return until November. But this time I placed the 12V on a battery tender. I'm just worried about the battery behind the rear seat. if that will die while away.

labjr1

First Name
Louie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 PB Platinum
Occupation
IT
It might not be there when you return. Haven't heard that the airport is a TERRIBLE place to leave your vehicle for any period of time. 😳
Why do you say this? Over the past 20+ years I have flown more than 4 million miles and average 250k Butt In Seat miles per year on flights. Not once have I ever had an issue with any of my vehicles while parked at the airport. I can see where they may be some cities where it is a problem, but as a blanket statement I cannot agree. I did a search and found that there is theft ring operating in the New York airports and in a small regional airport in MS.
Sponsored