Advice on Getting Initial Dealer Quote

krj1053

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat F-150
I’m getting ready to place and order and am in the process of reaching out to dealers. I was wondering what advice everyone has about getting the initial offers? I know several dealers on here offer great deals up front but want to see what I can find in the DFW area.
Sponsored

Heavishot

First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum F-150
Any of the Five Star dealerships will treat you well. I’ve bought 2 with Jared at Five Star Carrollton.

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
I’m from Fort Worth and the Five Star in NRH laughed at me when I brought up the deals that are on this forum. I took my business to Chapman Ford in Horcham, PA. The sales manager told me,”You are going to get scammed if you go to said dealership and will then have to come back here with your tail tucked between your legs”. No tail tucking from this guy!
Ford F-150 Advice on Getting Initial Dealer Quote 2C7912A4-CDA9-4C59-849E-4FA0A4026574

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
I would get a quote from one of the dealers above and then you will know exactly what you are getting locally. If you go local get something in writing regarding out the door price. FWIW I went with Chapman and my truck was $13K less the the closest dealer to me and $9K less then the other two dealers I went to locally. The Chapman experience was top notch compared to what I expected.

Sponsored

upslash

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 Honda Civic 290k miles
None of my local dealers would touch the offers that Granger or Chapman offer here on the forum. Not familiar with your area, but for me, most of my local dealers wanted full MSRP for a custom order; the best offer I received local was ~$2000 below MSRP.

Like others have indicated, make sure you get "out the door" pricing when discussing.

TN Rotty

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Crew Cab Plat 6.5'
I’m from Fort Worth and the Five Star in NRH laughed at me when I brought up the deals that are on this forum. I took my business to Chapman Ford in Horcham, PA. The sales manager told me,”You are going to get scammed if you go to said dealership and will then have to come back here with your tail tucked between your legs”. No tail tucking from this guy!
2C7912A4-CDA9-4C59-849E-4FA0A4026574.jpeg
Have you been back to see that sales manager? I would love to hear closure on that story!

pkinneb

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2003 & 2018 MX5's, 2021 F150 PB Platinum
Have you been back to see that sales manager? I would love to hear closure on that story!
Kinda blows my mind that on a special order dealers still aren't interested. I went back to mine before ordering at Chapman and they didn't even respond. Called like 3 months after I ordered and asked if I was still looking and I advised it was on order. I also let them know that since ordering my brother had purchased a loaded ranger $42K and I was getting ready to place and order for a Mustang GT Premium convertible $61K but hey I can see why you blew me off ?‍♂

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Not yet but it is going to happen.

Sponsored

OP
OP

krj1053

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 Lariat F-150
We'd be happy to get you a quote to start. Then I'd email that or stop by local dealers and see if they'd match it. It makes it simple for you.
Thank you. Email sent!

PeanutGallery

First Name
Blake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat, 2019 Honda Civic Si
Occupation
Architect
One option might be to see if your local dealers will honor X-plan. You can join the Mustang Club of America ($35/year) and one of its member perks is X-plan eligibility. You have to be a member for 90 days, in theory, to be able to use the PIN, but that’s not far off the average order-to-delivery timeframe.

coloradobrandon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat 4x4 3.5 PowerBoost
Kinda blows my mind that on a special order dealers still aren't interested. I went back to mine before ordering at Chapman and they didn't even respond. Called like 3 months after I ordered and asked if I was still looking and I advised it was on order. I also let them know that since ordering my brother had purchased a loaded ranger $42K and I was getting ready to place and order for a Mustang GT Premium convertible $61K but hey I can see why you blew me off ?‍♂
Same story here. Local dealer less than 2 miles from my house gave the the run around for a WEEK and never actually placed my order. I went to Granger and had a highly competitive quote in about an hour (and order placed same day!) on my ‘22 Lariat PB. Now they are likely getting a Lightning order and possibly another F-150. Plus a lot of good social media content! My advice to @krj1053 go with Granger and don’t look back.

Even if I had gotten a local dealer to match Granger’s pricing I wouldn’t have trusted I’d ever see the truck I ordered or that it wouldn’t get moved to the bottom of their list below others they were selling $10k above MSRP.

Last edited:

coloradobrandon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150 Lariat 4x4 3.5 PowerBoost
None of my local dealers would touch the offers that Granger or Chapman offer here on the forum. Not familiar with your area, but for me, most of my local dealers wanted full MSRP for a custom order; the best offer I received local was ~$2000 below MSRP.

Like others have indicated, make sure you get "out the door" pricing when discussing.
Couldn’t agree more. Even with a price match it was hard to trust the local dealers would stick to it when their lots were empty (and allocations full) selling at MSRP+.

DarkL1ghtn1ng

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Raptor, 2017 GT350
I have been looking for a dealer to do X-Plan on a stock unit, and the only one that has been willing to do so basically wants to vastly undervalue my trade, essentially nullifying the benefit of X-Plan. Five Star Dallas did tell me they would let me order a '22 at X-Plan, so probably just going to do that at this point.
Sponsored