Advertising and reality on the ground

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
I keep seeing ads on TV and occasionally I get emails like the attached one telling me that it's Ford Truck month and I need to get down to my dealer and get some!

Two things....I already own a '21 Lariat PB.....and even if I wanted to go down and buy another one for some reason...I couldn't because nobody has stock. You have to order something if you want it.

It's odd that there seems to be a disconnect between the advertising folks and the production folks...like nobody's talking to one another?

Or maybe it's just a case of the advertising folks needing to say "something" to keep the interest up (even though there isn't much to sell.....).

Mike
Sponsored

Attachments

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
All the advertising I've seen for Ford is promoting a discount for custom orders. Other manufacturers though are still pushing buying now when nothing is available.

OP
OP

Mike G

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lightning, 2021 Mach-E
All the advertising I've seen for Ford is promoting a discount for custom orders. Other manufacturers though are still pushing buying now when nothing is available.
I wanted to ask since you also have a '21 PB 4X4...I'm only getting 19.5mpg average overall and have around 6500 miles on my truck.

So my truck is only doing a little better than the '20 Raptor I traded for it (Rappy was 18).

My window sticker proudly proclaimed an EPA estimate of 24mpg for both city and highway so I'm kinda surprised it only gets 19.5 overall. That 6500 miles included several 400+mile trips on the interstate so it's not all just city miles.

Any insights on what the issue could be? You seem to be doing a lot better than I am at 22mpg.

Mike
Sponsored