First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Occupation
Lawyer
Didn’t really plan on this type of use when we bought the Powerboost and the travel trailer, but our daughter had a baby last Thursday so we hooked up the trailer and went to west Texas. We definitely planned on camping, not really driveway camping, but here we are, been here since Thursday night set up in their driveway.

I’m working from the trailer trying to get in full half days. It’s been just about 100 degrees every day and warm at night. I’ve had the trailer plugged in for about 18 hours per day running the trailer AC pretty much non stop for 5 days now.

Just set the thermostat at 68 and enjoy a cup of hot coffee from the Cuisinart every morning. The Ford Pass app shows me using about 1800watts when the AC is running, which is constantly. Everything is running smoothly, baby and mama are great, I’m getting work done, I’ve got a cold trailer office and full power for my phone, laptop and iPad.

Then this evening a storm rolls through and knocks power out to my daughter’s house. No electricity, no water, no worries. Son in law got a hot shower after working cows all day. Grandson got his iPad charged up, everyone has their phones charged and we all can use a bathroom, thanks to the Powerboost. The truck has has passed the stress test with flying colors. It’s a unicorn with rainbows included.

Ford F-150 Adventures in Driveway Camping with Pro Power Onboard 6E73232C-C04B-4E16-A75C-5EBDABCEEC12

Ford F-150 Adventures in Driveway Camping with Pro Power Onboard C0E90938-24D3-4164-96E4-CAC955B44637

Ford F-150 Adventures in Driveway Camping with Pro Power Onboard A45C205C-639F-4D77-901E-0E15A362EDC4

Ford F-150 Adventures in Driveway Camping with Pro Power Onboard 3451C948-F805-487F-98A6-26A0F433BEA8
Sponsored

Last edited:

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
This is a wonderful thing.

Where I live I have had 2 storms (hurricanes) come through and knock out power to the house. The first one I was without power for 11 days. The second one without power for 7 days. After that second one I installed a house transfer switch and bought a 7000 watt portable generator. Using the generator is alright but lugging gas cans around and filling the generator would not be fun. Luckily I have not had to use that set up extensively since I installed it.

Now I run my business out of my house and my wife works from home so keeping the power flowing is critical. I ordered a 2022 PB Lariat and this was the main reason why.

Good luck to you, daughter and new grand baby!

thebigdu

First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Sport PowerBoost
Congratulations! Great story and cool pics.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Shooter56

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lawyer
How much gas did that use?
It’s a little bit hard to tell exactly because I am not aware of any feature that tells you directly so I just do a little math. I do know from someone else’s test it uses about 1 gal per hour if the engine idles continuously, so if it runs for 12 minutes an hour it would be about 1/5 gal per hour. A lot less than my champion 4500 generator.

I also filled up after I set up and then filled up again this morning 5 days later and it took 19 gallons of which 20 miles was driving so reduce the 19 by 1 gallon. The math: 18 gals/5 days=3.6 gallons per day. 3.6 gals per day/18 hours of time plugged in per day is .2 gals per hour.
These are my estimates. If it’s more than this it’s not much more. Both ways are consistent so I think I’m pretty close.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Thanks for the gas update. That is outstanding.

On another note how did the PB do pulling that Minnie. Any mileage numbers for that trip?

GABAR

First Name
P
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2016 F150
I think it’s funny and cool that none of use had a clue what the PB F150 was really all about when it was in the R&D stage.

But, when it was ready to be launched and it was explained to the public by Ford, everything became perfectly clear.

Yes, people were still skeptical but now during real world usage from owners, it’s very apparent that the F150 has created a new segment / feature that other brands are going to copy.

Sponsored

guppydriver

First Name
Aaron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Tundra
Really cool post!

Thanks for sharing.

OP
OP
Shooter56

Shooter56

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Lawyer
Thanks for the gas update. That is outstanding.

On another note how did the PB do pulling that Minnie. Any mileage numbers for that trip?
I’ve been getting 9.3 mpg over about 2100 miles and it was exactly that from Colorado Springs to the TX panhandle. I went the entire way in tow haul mode this time just to see what would happen to the mileage. No difference.

I’ve had no trouble pulling the Minnie with this truck. It’s about 4800lbs loaded and 530-550 is a typical tongue weight so I’ve got to be careful what I put it the truck since my payload is only 1441lbs. I’m usually about 200lbs under, maybe more this trip because we aren’t really camping and didn’t bring many extras. It pulls real easy on BLM roads with the tires and extra clearance. Thanks to a suggestion from another post, I now take the sway bars off when I get onto the unlevel BLM roads as they work better and are much easier to put on and take off on a level surface and you don’t really need them at low the speeds on dirt mountain roads.

Last edited:

Kidder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat 3.5EB SCREW 157"
If World War 3 breaks out, the remaining population of the US will mostly be Powerboost owners with survival skills and tools. Sign me up!
No doubt. Now I wish I would have bought one. Guess I'll just have to use my AR to get a Powerboost when the SHTF. LOL (I'm Kidding! - ish)

If this is considered a political post, then oops.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Didn’t really plan on this type of use when we bought the Powerboost and the travel trailer, but our daughter had a baby last Thursday so we hooked up the trailer and went to west Texas. We definitely planned on camping, not really driveway camping, but here we are, been here since Thursday night set up in their driveway.

I’m working from the trailer trying to get in full half days. It’s been just about 100 degrees every day and warm at night. I’ve had the trailer plugged in for about 18 hours per day running the trailer AC pretty much non stop for 5 days now.

Just set the thermostat at 68 and enjoy a cup of hot coffee from the Cuisinart every morning. The Ford Pass app shows me using about 1800watts when the AC is running, which is constantly. Everything is running smoothly, baby and mama are great, I’m getting work done, I’ve got a cold trailer office and full power for my phone, laptop and iPad.

Then this evening a storm rolls through and knocks power out to my daughter’s house. No electricity, no water, no worries. Son in law got a hot shower after working cows all day. Grandson got his iPad charged up, everyone has their phones charged and we all can use a bathroom, thanks to the Powerboost. The truck has has passed the stress test with flying colors. It’s a unicorn with rainbows included.

6E73232C-C04B-4E16-A75C-5EBDABCEEC12.jpeg

C0E90938-24D3-4164-96E4-CAC955B44637.jpeg

A45C205C-639F-4D77-901E-0E15A362EDC4.jpeg

3451C948-F805-487F-98A6-26A0F433BEA8.jpeg
Wow, beautiful pictures! Thanks for sharing these and thank you for being part of the Ford Family.

Bluesman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1965 Factory Five MK IV Roadster, 2022 F150 Platty
How much gas did that use?
PickupTruck Plus SUV Talk did a camping test last year to judge fuel consumption, I found it to be informative.
Sponsored