Sponsored

Adding Work Station after sale (part numbers)

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
My dealership messed up and didn't include the work surface in the build I ordered. They "forgot to check a box."

My sales rep told me she talked to parts and sales and they don't think they can make the swap, so they are offering to either have the truck re-built (God knows how long that will take) or take $500 off the final price.

Needless to say, I'm incredibly frustrated. That was something I absolutely wanted. But for a variety of personal reasons, I can't keep driving my current vehicle for another 12-18 weeks while I wait for a re-built truck.

What do y'all suggest I do? Or counter with?
Make them order the work station though ford parts.
Sponsored

Old fart

First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2005 F150 Lariat, 2018 Explorer, 1975 John Deere
Occupation
Retired
Seems the right place to ask this question. Okay, I admit it was my bad, I thought the console work surface was included in the 502a package, and it wasn't. Anyone know if that's a simple swap out for the current console cover. Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult.

Ruffner69

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
Seems the right place to ask this question. Okay, I admit it was my bad, I thought the console work surface was included in the 502a package, and it wasn't. Anyone know if that's a simple swap out for the current console cover. Doesn't seem like it should be that difficult.
[/QUOT
I would definitely like to know also. I was looking through old threads here and a Ford guy was looking into this, but he didn’t get back to us.

Sacbone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited in Star White
Occupation
Retired from printing, engaged in Real Estate management
The parts list in the earlier post states limited trim in black. Limited trim only comes in Admiral blue. I just so happen to have the workstation, it’s a drag to fold down. You need to remove all your drink cups and other thing stuff that may be in the console and to close down the shifter. Little more effort than it’s worth. I’d rather skipped the work station, but was a must have. I’d rather have the extra storage than the work station

Ruffner69

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum Powerboost
The parts list in the earlier post states limited trim in black. Limited trim only comes in Admiral blue. I just so happen to have the workstation, it’s a drag to fold down. You need to remove all your drink cups and other thing stuff that may be in the console and to close down the shifter. Little more effort than it’s worth. I’d rather skipped the work station, but was a must have. I’d rather have the extra storage than the work station
That’s a very fair point.

Sponsored

75032Limited

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Platinum & 2021 Limited
Thanks for this. Makes me feel better about not getting it. I was on the fence and ultimately made the decision to forgo it because I wanted a larger storage space... Need it for my Ham radio equipment

Dan

First Name
Danny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Occupation
Construction
Thanks for this. Makes me feel better about not getting it. I was on the fence and ultimately made the decision to forgo it because I wanted a larger storage space... Need it for my Ham radio equipment
Unless you are using your truck as an office, then it would probably be a pain in the ass to fold down and fold back. Can't see any reason to have one. It's like having a measure tape on the tail gate. If you are doing any type of measuring, I'm sure you would already have a tape measure with you.

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Good to know, I ordered mine without that option because I thought it was all part of the fold down shifter. Wanted to avoid failure of a gimmicky additional part.

now realizing they all have that ‘feature’ standard.
They all have that feature because Ford did something dumb, instead of putting a shifter that is just a toggle (since its all electronic anyway) they had to put one with a motor in it so that it could shift itself to park when you turn off the car or when you open the driver door while the car is in drive. Other cars could accomplish this without having the stupid motor just by having the gear lever be a toggle that returns to the middle like my genesis did. Forward for reverse (never understood that), back for forward, and a button for park. I didn't get why they did that until I saw how Ford managed to make it as complicated as possible with the stupid electric motor in the shifter. As long as they were doing that why not make it fold down all the way I guess they thought

newdeal99

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Unless you are using your truck as an office, then it would probably be a pain in the ass to fold down and fold back. Can't see any reason to have one. It's like having a measure tape on the tail gate. If you are doing any type of measuring, I'm sure you would already have a tape measure with you.
I don't get it in general, I mean if you just fold the shifter down its already quite flat as it is, certainly flat enough for a laptop without needing the hinged console

Sponsored

Caruso0644

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'17 F-250 Lariat PS | 21 F150 Powerboost Limited
Do we have any updated information or Part # to add this? I mistakenly bought a Limited without the work surface.

brx

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum
As far as I can tell, there is absolutely no extra storage. I just got a 2021 platinum that doesn't have the work surface option (took one of the last ones available anywhere near me) and it looks like just one 'solid' block maybe 4" by 12" by 12".. It's definitely one of the lowest effort parts existing in the 2021 F150. They could have at least made it hollow or make it a 2nd storage area.
Sponsored