First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT
Occupation
CAD Designer
Looking at buying a 2022 F-150 302A, tow tech package, BLIS, and 360deg cameras.
It has the base side mirrors that I would like to replace with tow mirrors.
The salesman told me the towing mirrors are incompatible with the Tow Tech Package.

Does anybody have any insight on this?
Sponsored

Last edited:

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Looking at buying a 2022 F-150 301A, tow tech package, BLIS, and 360deg cameras.
The salesman told me the towing mirrors are incompatible with the Tow Tech Package.

I have tow mirrors ordered with my max tow package on my 501A. Not sure why you wouldn't be able to order them with tow tech? I know the option isn't available on the Ford build site anymore, not sure why.

Pioneer74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Looking at buying a 2022 F-150 301A, tow tech package, BLIS, and 360deg cameras.

Order Guide states you have to have the Trailer Tow Package or Max Trailer Tow Package to get the towing mirrors.
Ford F-150 Adding Tow Mirrors to 2022 F-150 XLT w/Tow Tech Package Screenshot_20220315-100216_Adobe Acrobat

OP
OP

JUSTIN H.

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT
Occupation
CAD Designer
Thanks for the info,
I decided to take a closer look at the Order Guide and discovered it contradicts itself (or at least supports ambiguous combinations of options and pkg's).
I spoke to a parts guy at a different dealership that says adding tow mirrors to the Tow Tech Pkg will work fine.
For $650, I think I'll take a chance.

kevdog0710

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat Supercrew
Occupation
Union Carpenter
Thanks for the info,
I decided to take a closer look at the Order Guide and discovered it contradicts itself (or at least supports ambiguous combinations of options and pkg's).
I spoke to a parts guy at a different dealership that says adding tow mirrors to the Tow Tech Pkg will work fine.
For $650, I think I'll take a chance.
I think its worth it. I hated strapping the mirrors to my Tacoma whenever I got my camper. You were completely blind with that truck without them

Sponsored

Arcteryx

First Name
RJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT FX4 Lead Foot Gray
Occupation
Engineer
Factory Tow Mirrors are now available through Ford as an accessory. All styles from basic to power folding with power telescoping.

Ford F-150 Adding Tow Mirrors to 2022 F-150 XLT w/Tow Tech Package Screenshot_20220321-172133_Chrome

Ryan150MN

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT SCREW, 2020 F250 XLT RCLB
I’m going to look into this for my 22 XLT I just picked up. Not a fan of the smaller mirrors, or the lack of folding capability.

OP
OP

JUSTIN H.

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 F-150 XLT
Occupation
CAD Designer
I’m going to look into this for my 22 XLT I just picked up. Not a fan of the smaller mirrors, or the lack of folding capability.
I just ordered a pair on Ebay from Fareway Ford.
The parts guy I talked to strongly disagreed with my salesman's assessment that tow mirrors are not compatible with the Tow Tech Pkg.

I'll keep you posted

Tiger19

First Name
Tiger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 XLT
Occupation
Mechanic
I just ordered a pair on Ebay from Fareway Ford.
The parts guy I talked to strongly disagreed with my salesman's assessment that tow mirrors are not compatible with the Tow Tech Pkg.

I'll keep you posted
Any update? Looking to add power folding tow mirrors to my 22 XLT High also.

Sponsored

PwrBlue

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 XLT
Did you get them to work? I just spoke to him and he said the cameras will not work with my truck because they don’t have a wiring harness. He ran into some trouble because my truck was a custom order. Any ideas? Thanks

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
Did you get them to work? I just spoke to him and he said the cameras will not work with my truck because they don’t have a wiring harness. He ran into some trouble because my truck was a custom order. Any ideas? Thanks
Can't add cameras w/ out the harness and the APIM. APIM is cheap -- as low as $200. Need harness and other parts depending on your trim. 302a has some features, and the lariat has even more harnesses.

PwrBlue

First Name
Travis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 XLT
Hmmmm I have the 302A package. I was looking in forscan tonight and found how to enable the cameras in my truck. I guess I will have to dig some more. I would like to keep it as factory as possible. My XLT is basically a Lariat without the 360 (which the dealership screwed up my order and Ford scrapped it to produce it "sooner") and leather.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
I believe the 302a should have the camera connections at the mirror, but that may end up being the base lariat harness which has many more wires. I thought it was mentioned 302a has the required runs, just needs the APIM that can accept the additional camera inputs.

I bought a 302a that didn't have the 360, B&O, Rear window -- I traded it in not even 5 days later at another dealer for one with pretty much every option. Ford's crap site wouldn't show any inventory on PBs, then I found out they were everywhere to be had (late march) right after buying the first one I came across.
Sponsored

Last edited: