First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L 302A 5.5 SB
Not sure where to put this in the forums, but I figured because this is SYNC related, maybe this was the best place? Mods, if you need to move this tread, please feel free to do so!

My truck didn't come with a front camera, or hte 360 system (is the front camera option only available with the 360 system?), but I would LOVE to add it so I know how close I'm getting to walls and cars when parking head-in, and for off-roading. Does anyone know if this is possible?
Sponsored

Whoskyle

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT
Not sure where to put this in the forums, but I figured because this is SYNC related, maybe this was the best place? Mods, if you need to move this tread, please feel free to do so!

My truck didn't come with a front camera, or hte 360 system (is the front camera option only available with the 360 system?), but I would LOVE to add it so I know how close I'm getting to walls and cars when parking head-in, and for off-roading. Does anyone know if this is possible?
It is! @Jesse-Infotainment did it, but pretty inclusive

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150

Hi. Yes it’s possible but I wouldn’t say front camera on its own is. You would need to go the route of adding the 360 cam as a whole. The current ipma doesn’t have a front cam input. Only the 360 cam unit does.

OP
OP
fxxkintallguy

fxxkintallguy

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT FX4 5.0L 302A 5.5 SB
Hi. Yes it’s possible but I wouldn’t say front camera on its own is. You would need to go the route of adding the 360 cam as a whole. The current ipma doesn’t have a front cam input. Only the 360 cam unit does.
That's awesome news! Is there a guide and/or parts list to doing this that is available?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
That's awesome news! Is there a guide and/or parts list to doing this that is available?
I have not put a part list together. Depends on your build date for the ipma. Meaning pre July or after.
There are several coax cables, the cargo cam is only available with the camera …

the side cams are included with the mirrors

the new cams are digital the cargo it still twisted pair and power with Lin bus.

the lane keep camera has to be recalibrated afterwards.
Also the 360 cams have to be calibrated

next week I will see if I can put a parts list together.

Sponsored

Efrommel

First Name
Erwin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT
Occupation
Videographer
I have not put a part list together. Depends on your build date for the ipma. Meaning pre July or after.
There are several coax cables, the cargo cam is only available with the camera …

the new cams are digital the cargo it still twisted pair and power with Lin bus.

Cant wait for this list! let us know :)

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Military

Sir, did you ever put a list together or a how to? Curious as to how in depth this goes. Everyone says it's cheaper to buy a new truck. However, I'd prefer not to.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Sir, did you ever put a list together or a how to? Curious as to how in depth this goes. Everyone says it's cheaper to buy a new truck. However, I'd prefer not to.
I do have a list. It is pretty in depth but possible… just depends on you and what you are comfortable with. The ipma depends on if you have an early build or late build. I kinda forgot about this so I’ll try to get the list typed up.. I hand write it up and I can barely read my own writing.. or I would post a pic of it

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Military
I do have a list. It is pretty in depth but possible… just depends on you and what you are comfortable with. The ipma depends on if you have an early build or late build. I kinda forgot about this so I’ll try to get the list typed up.. I hand write it up and I can barely read my own writing.. or I would post a pic of it
Hahaha that's fair. No worries. I appreciate it. I know a ton of people would be extremely interested in this. You are a savior to many I'm sure.

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
I think it would be cool to just add the front “parking” camera.
Im okay with stating that I have no clue where the front of the truck ends.
I don’t really use the the rear camera all that much ( mirrors to get where I need to be then the camera to “stop here”.)

Sponsored

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I think it would be cool to just add the front “parking” camera.
Im okay with stating that I have no clue where the front of the truck ends.
I don’t really use the the rear camera all that much ( mirrors to get where I need to be then the camera to “stop here”.)
Problem with that is going the OEM route the amount of work is no different and still requires the new ipma. The ipma in the truck only has inputs for the lane keep cam and rear cam. And an output to the screen.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
Problem with that is going the OEM route the amount of work is no different and still requires the new ipma. The ipma in the truck only has inputs for the lane keep cam and rear cam. And an output to the screen.
Just another nudge on this topic to see the parts list and procedure for adding.

Thanks!

408sbfmustang

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 XLT 3.5 Sport
Occupation
Tech
Hello,
I would like to add this if possible and would be interested in a parts list if you have time.
Build date 12-2020

Miketheskeptic

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat
I would like to add a front camera to aid in parking as well. I'm wondering if installing a "tuner" or "monitor" such as an Edge CTS3 or something similar would work. I believe some products have the option to add a camera. I would mount the camera in the front of my truck. The tuner has the option of being attached to the windshield or a dash mount and is plugged into the port under the steering wheel. I had a previous generation Edge on my old truck and liked being able to monitor engine/trans temps as well as view/reset engine codes. Anyone try this on the 2021 yet? I have the 3.5 EB Lariat 502A.
Sponsored