Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Raptor, 2020 Shelby GT500
Occupation
Firefighter
@Jmeo

I'm in the process of doing the same. Already added the Tremor Projector Headlights and HCM - Soon I'll post a write up on what was used. I see your following the HSW tread, here's a few others to add to you list.
Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?
501A to 502A
ECU module programming guide using FDRS

I'm attaching my list to give you an idea what's involved. I'm working on the 360 camera list and I have the IPMA, Front Camera, Rear Cargo Camera, and a few other pieces that's why there not on my list.
Good information, thanks for sharing. I am following all of those but adding Co-Pilot Assist. As of now, I do not want that, but who knows.

I am however interested in adding ACC. I just need to figure out if the steering wheel I purchased for the HSW, which appears to add the ACC button?, is all I need for hardware to get it working? I will have the front bumper off for the sensors, and the steering wheel off for HSW, so I would want to add any additional hardware at the same time. I then would need the ForScan change info to get ACC working, if this exists.

Jaime
Sponsored

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
Me too...that's why I ordered a 502A lol. I am glad I did because I would be trying to do this too.
Having owned every trim level F150, besides King Ranch, I have come to prefer the fully equip Lariat the most. I took ownership of my long awaited 22' Lightning in October, and dumped it back on the dealership lot after having it for only two months. I was left with only having the option to take the ONLY PowerBoost they had, which was a 501A. If I ordered, it would have had everything I want in a truck. But, that's where guys like the ones here and I come in. We make it our own, because those are the cards we were dealt with.

JScaro

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Lariat 501.5A
Occupation
Beer Drinker
Good information, thanks for sharing. I am following all of those but adding Co-Pilot Assist. As of now, I do not want that, but who knows.

I am however interested in adding ACC. I just need to figure out if the steering wheel I purchased for the HSW, which appears to add the ACC button?, is all I need for hardware to get it working? I will have the front bumper off for the sensors, and the steering wheel off for HSW, so I would want to add any additional hardware at the same time. I then would need the ForScan change info to get ACC working, if this exists.

Jaime
This post Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? is really about ACC and it's a long read but well worth it. My plan is to do HSW, ACC, Rain Sensing wipers all in one shot. Than 360 camera & Front proximity sensors. Here's my list I started that I need.

Attachments

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
This post Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? is really about ACC and it's a long read but well worth it. My plan is to do HSW, ACC, Rain Sensing wipers all in one shot. Than 360 camera & Front proximity sensors. Here's my list I started that I need.
Oh, the title led me to believe it was about Co-Pilot. I will start diving into that thread too. Man, my head is spinning with al the info I have been reading across all of these upgrades I want to make. I now need to find out if the cruise control sensor is different than the front pre collision sensor that my truck has.

I do not want to jam this thread up with anymore off-topic banter, so I will take it over there. Thanks for your help.

diambo4life

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat Screw 4x4
Occupation
Assassin
Having owned every trim level F150, besides King Ranch, I have come to prefer the fully equip Lariat the most. I took ownership of my long awaited 22' Lightning in October, and dumped it back on the dealership lot after having it for only two months. I was left with only having the option to take the ONLY PowerBoost they had, which was a 501A. If I ordered, it would have had everything I want in a truck. But, that's where guys like the ones here and I come in. We make it our own, because those are the cards we were dealt with.
Makes perfect sense!

Sponsored

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
Oh, the title led me to believe it was about Co-Pilot. I will start diving into that thread too. Man, my head is spinning with al the info I have been reading across all of these upgrades I want to make. I now need to find out if the cruise control sensor is different than the front pre collision sensor that my truck has.

I do not want to jam this thread up with anymore off-topic banter, so I will take it over there. Thanks for your help.

I ordered a 501a for a front bench seat. I had ordered it with Nav, xm, and copilot assist 2.0 along with front bumper sensors. Those options were force deletes for me on my 2022. I could change to a 23, but then ford removed a leather front bench from the lariat plus the price went up significantly from what I was locked in at.....so here I am, retrofitting back in what Ford removed.

I have the sensors on order along with the bumper harness, I am adding the cruise control radar as well, wanting to assemble all the parts before I take off the bumper to start the install though.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
I ordered a 501a for a front bench seat. I had ordered it with Nav, xm, and copilot assist 2.0 along with front bumper sensors. Those options were force deletes for me on my 2022. I could change to a 23, but then ford removed a leather front bench from the lariat plus the price went up significantly from what I was locked in at.....so here I am, retrofitting back in what Ford removed.

I have the sensors on order along with the bumper harness, I am adding the cruise control radar as well, wanting to assemble all the parts before I take off the bumper to start the install though.
I have the sensors and harness on order as well. Let me know any tips you can pass along as far as painting them.

riderryan92

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT 302a
Occupation
AV Installer
Does anyone have a paint code for matching sensors to the chrome bumper?

AdamsCoyote

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat 5.0
I'm in the middle of doing this addition to my '21 Lariat 501a and I haven't been able to get the sensors recognized. I was able to add ACC a couple of months ago and when I replaced my front bumper harness I bought one with the sensor connectors in anticipation of doing this mod. Everything hooked up correctly and I made the FORSCAN changes mentioned in the first post but so far no luck in getting an alert from the front, and if I manually trigger the rear camera to get the sensor picture it only displays the rear sensors.

I don't have the 360 cameras (so no front camera) but I'm hoping the fact that I was able to add the CCM for ACC means I have the wiring from the bumper to the IPMA already in place. Any way to tell that for sure?

dhageremtp

First Name
D
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Healthcare
I'm in the middle of doing this addition to my '21 Lariat 501a and I haven't been able to get the sensors recognized. I was able to add ACC a couple of months ago and when I replaced my front bumper harness I bought one with the sensor connectors in anticipation of doing this mod. Everything hooked up correctly and I made the FORSCAN changes mentioned in the first post but so far no luck in getting an alert from the front, and if I manually trigger the rear camera to get the sensor picture it only displays the rear sensors.

I don't have the 360 cameras (so no front camera) but I'm hoping the fact that I was able to add the CCM for ACC means I have the wiring from the bumper to the IPMA already in place. Any way to tell that for sure?

I havent started this yet as I am waiting on the sensors. What forscan changes have you made? maybe we can find something that was overlooked?

Sponsored

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Do you get this instead? @Snakebitten
A49550F5-CE47-44D4-BB3B-8C9556950FA5.jpeg
I just tested mine out yesterday, and I get this image (well similar--mine is gray background instead of blue for some reason). It sounds like there's a forscan setting that will enable it to turn the front camera on when you get close? I went through the FY22 IPMA Forscan spreadsheet, and I couldn't decipher the codes with any certainty to know which "ModuleFeatureCFG" setting is intended for this purpose. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Also, does anybody have a cheat sheet or a legend for all of the acronyms/abbreviations in the forscan spreadsheet? The spreadsheet is an amazing development, and I really appreciate @Livnitup 's (and others) extensive work here, but it's use is limited without the ability to know what an MFCCTA is (for example) to know whether or not it should be enabled/disabled.

Jmeo

First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Firefighter
I just tested mine out yesterday, and I get this image (well similar--mine is gray background instead of blue for some reason). It sounds like there's a forscan setting that will enable it to turn the front camera on when you get close? I went through the FY22 IPMA Forscan spreadsheet, and I couldn't decipher the codes with any certainty to know which "ModuleFeatureCFG" setting is intended for this purpose. Can someone point me in the right direction, please?

Also, does anybody have a cheat sheet or a legend for all of the acronyms/abbreviations in the forscan spreadsheet? The spreadsheet is an amazing development, and I really appreciate @Livnitup 's (and others) extensive work here, but it's use is limited without the ability to know what an MFCCTA is (for example) to know whether or not it should be enabled/disabled.
Look down at the bottom of the Fosrscan spreadsheet, you will see a tab for "module list", this is what you are looking for, as far as modules.

Example:

Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 10.50.39 AM

Each module tab will list a mnemonic and what the letters stand for just above that sections breakdown.

Example:

Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 10.51.00 AM

Last edited:

Livnitup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Platinum

Try enabling 706-16-01 xxxB xxxx xx--

We don't know all the abbreviations that Ford uses in these spreadsheets but I'm going to add what we do know in the Notes column. The MFCCTA example you used is ModuleFeatureConfiguration Cross Traffic Alert

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Try enabling 706-16-01 xxxB xxxx xx--
That did it, thanks! Man, I'm continually impressed with the technology that Ford has built into their vehicles! (And disappointed that they don't have more SYNC-controlled settings to turn more of these on without needing special equipment and software.)

We don't know all the abbreviations that Ford uses in these spreadsheets but I'm going to add what we do know in the Notes column. The MFCCTA example you used is ModuleFeatureConfiguration Cross Traffic Alert
Oh, I see now. I thought that you all had compiled the spreadsheet from scratch, and that these were your acronyms. That makes much more sense. What you all have figured out is amazing! I didn't intend to make more work for you; I was hoping that someone else had already created a legend/acronym translation. Either way, I appreciate all of the work that you all are doing! If there's any way for me to contribute to this effort, please let me know.

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
anyone successfully add these to an xlt? i don't have the 360 cams so curious what the forscan changes would be. i've already added the sensors and ran the wires. well, waiting for 1 sensor to get painted because some POS wrecking yard sent me 3 correct sensor and the 4th i believe they found on the ground somewhere.
Ford F-150 Adding Forward Sensing System - 2021 King Ranch w/601A 13088DAA-B76A-4066-A054-7C290B65F9D0

Thanks yall
Sponsored