Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
So what’s up with the part description for the -MA harness referencing “without fog lights”? Since I’ve already ordered I’ll see what the -JA looks like when it comes in.
Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Here is all the different harnesses, so your -JA isn't going to work at all. You need one labeled with adaptive speed control. From what I can tell, the harness are the same between a ecoboost and powerboost, so no difference there, which makes sense as that would be just one more different harness(es) for Ford to produce if they were different.

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1669867699446

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
Thanks for the info. The VIN I'm using is 1FTEW1EP9MFB48277. The photos definitely show the adaptive cruise buttons on the steering wheel. Local Ford parts department is insistent that -JA is the right part so if it's wrong I'll have them order the -MA.

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 1669950572123

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
That VIN should be good, it has the front parking sensors though so not sure if you need those or not. You have to be careful though when the Ford folks look it up, sometimes the VIN they use is right and sometimes not so much, so you'll have to see. I'm pretty sure the -JA still isn't the right harness you need but you'll find out.

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Here is all the different harnesses, so your -JA isn't going to work at all. You need one labeled with adaptive speed control. From what I can tell, the harness are the same between a ecoboost and powerboost, so no difference there, which makes sense as that would be just one more different harness(es) for Ford to produce if they were different.

1669867699446.png
Where you get such a detailed description of parts with good part numbers?

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Where you get such a detailed description of parts with good part numbers?
A blackmarket-ish version of ford microcat which was/is their dealer parts program. Just found it last week and pulled the trigger on it and well worth it so far as looking up parts always was a struggle between the Ford site and other dealer sites.

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
Still waiting on my adaptive cruise parts so I went ahead and enabled the speed limit function in the IPMA/IPC/APIM. It works the same as my wife's vehicle that has a nav system by updating the moment you go by a sign. Obviously when the IACC is enabled some of these values will need to change.

APIM changes
7D0-09-02 change 2nd digit 2nd column to 5 (TSR NCAP)
7D0-09-02 change 2nd digit 3rd column to D (TSR NCAP Enable)

IPC changes
720-09-01 change 1st digit 3rd column to 8 (SLIF)
720-03-01 change 2nd digit 1st column to 4 (TSR IOD)

IPMA changes
706-01-01 change 3rd digit 1st column to 4 (TSR)
706-02-01 change 1st digit 1st column to 5 (TSR Mode Camera Only)

Last edited:

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Still waiting on my adaptive cruise parts so I went ahead and enabled the speed limit function in the IPMA/IPC/APIM. It works the same as my wife's vehicle that has a nav system by updating the moment you go by a sign. Some of this stuff in the IPC may not need to be activated but I went for the shotgun method and it worked. Warning/chimes etc work but had to turn those off from the annoyance. Obviously when the IACC is enabled some of these values will need to change.
Awesome work! I think that might clear up a few issues we were seeing with MY22 trucks that had the nav deleted and was causing a few issues with the TSR and IACC. Recent updates must have changed the wording also to TSR in the main driver assistance menu, as if I recall it use to be called Speed Limit Menu or something along those lines, then the TSR option was also under cruise control for TSR control when using ACC. I remember playing with most of those settings early only, but it seemed only certain ones were enabled when comparing to factory equipped trucks, and in my case having them all turned on might have been causing other issues, but maybe that was other values I still didn't have set right either.

@BascoNate22 you might take a look at these and try them out.

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
I enabled this on my 2019 and only had to flip values in the IPMA and IPC after putting in the 8' cluster, so there's definitely been some change with Sync 4.

In theory any Ford with the right instrument panel and an IPMA can do this, it's just a matter of flipping what it needs to function. Back with the last gen trucks, many of us were enabling LKA with Forscan and a jumper wire.

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
Edited the post above. It turns out the APIM will display both Traffic Sign Recognition and Speed Limit information. The values enabled will open up the Speed Limit icon on the dash and speed limit information menu in the APIM. I'd guess TSR is more for use outside of North America for displaying other road signs.

Sponsored

BascoNate22

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 XLT 3.5EB 302A
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@XLT22
With the forscan changes you listed above, were you able to get the iacc to fully function where it adjusts cruise control speeds based on information it is reading from the speed limit signs or were you simply able to get the vehicle to read and display speed limit info in the ipc?

With my current forscan changes, I have been able to successfully read and display speed limit info for some time now, however my iacc will not adjust based on speed limit info. Based on the fact that most of my forscan changes were based upon vehicles similar to mine that had iacc, and in MY22 vehicles iacc was only available with nav, my ipma currently looks for input from the apim, but seeing as I don't have nav I get an error code and therefore my iacc doesn't fully function (doesn't adjust based on speed limit info).

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
I’m still waiting on parts so it’s not all hooked up yet.

I don’t see a way around what you’re describing without adding the connected navigation. Lane Centering should still work is my understanding which is really what I’m after.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Lance centering will work just fine without nav, it just seem like getting IACC is the only last speed bump, if possible at all. Here is the theory of operation on it straight out of PTS.

Speed Sign Recognition

Speed sign recognition detects speed limit signs and informs the driver of the current speed limit. Detected speed signs appear in the Information and Entertainment Display Unit.

Vehicles equipped with speed sign recognition with navigation, stored speed sign data may influence the indicated speed limit value.

Speed sign recognition detects speed limit signs to inform you of the current speed limit. Detected speed signs appear in the Information and Entertainment Display Unit.

Speed sign recognition may not operate correctly due to:

• Outdated map data from navigation.
  • Incorrect recognition of speed limits by the sensor of signs on parallel roads or exit ramps.
  • Missed recognition of faded, dirty, or distorted signs.
To turn on and off the speed sign recognition speed warning and adjust the level tolerance of the speed sign recognition follow the on screen prompts from the Information and Entertainment Display Unit.

For additional speed sign recognition information messages, and Information and Entertainment Display Unit settings, refer to Owner's Literature.

Intelligent ACC equipped with speed sign recognition working with the speed limit information provided by the navigation map data could be inaccurate or out of date.

BascoNate22

First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F-150 XLT 3.5EB 302A
Occupation
Mechanical Engineer
@XLT22 @superfordman
I appreciate all the feedback. Sounds like we are still mostly at the same point we have been for a little while now. I can confirm that lane centering, traffic jam assist, evasive steering assistance, speed sign recognition, adaptive cruise control are all possible. I have enabled them on my 22 XLT 302A and they work flawlessly.

The only thing I don’t have working yet is iacc. I don’t plan on using iacc so I have it turned off at the moment and am more than happy with acc and the rest of the suite of options. I am still trying to get iacc worked out though because I don’t like having codes in my truck. I haven’t had much luck with the variety of things I have tried, but if I find a solution I will update you all.

As far as I know, on MY22 trucks, the co-pilot assist 2.0 package was only offered as long as the vehicle had connected nav. Because of this, all as built data that can be referenced has the iacc working in conjunction with the connected nav. Currently my ipma error says that it is missing input data from my apim. This makes sense because the ipma is looking for a nav input from the apim to make iacc function correctly. Seeing as all 22 trucks with this package required nav I am on the fence whether or not iacc is possible.

Sorry for the long post, but I just figured I would update you with my experience and what I have discovered so far.

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
What do you have at:

706-02-01*xxxxxxxxx--
Sponsored