Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

PFXLT

First Name
AA Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Ok, here are some to try out then.

Try to enable SLOIF or SLIF and see what that does
720-09-01 xxxx xxxx *x--

Try CameraOnlyOn since you don't have the ACC radar, add 4 to the current value
720-09-01 xxxx xxxx *x--

Were these supposed to be 2 different addresses?

Do you think i would only need to modify the IPC values and nothing else?
Sponsored

Prancer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302A
I finally received all of the necessary parts for this project. Would somebody have a comprehensive list of the required FORSCAN changes they could share with me? Again, I have a 302A with nav and am running a custom harness directly from the IPMA to the CCM. Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I finally received all of the necessary parts for this project. Would somebody have a comprehensive list of the required FORSCAN changes they could share with me? Again, I have a 302A with nav and am running a custom harness directly from the IPMA to the CCM. Any help is much appreciated.
Yep, I'll send you a message with my sheet thus far.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Were these supposed to be 2 different addresses?

Do you think i would only need to modify the IPC values and nothing else?
Yes, those are two different address and they aren't even in the IPC, look at the first digits as those are in the IPMA, should have clarified a little better.

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Thanks a lot for that. Excited to tackle that once I figure out a path from the bottom to get the CCM mounted without taking the bumper off.
What motor do you have? Non-turbo you should be able to sneak it up from the bottom. Turbo is about impossible so would be best to take the bumper off, which isn't bad to do either.

Prancer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302A
What motor do you have? Non-turbo you should be able to sneak it up from the bottom. Turbo is about impossible so would be best to take the bumper off, which isn't bad to do either.
3.5 eco. I ended up taking the bumper barely off. Pulled it barely out and rested it on some supports giving me just enough space to sneak the CCM in. Will finish routing wires tomorrow and then hopefully get onto FORSCAN to finish it up. Praying for no hiccups...

Prancer

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 XLT 302A
Worried I don't have the right pins for the IPMA/might be inserting them incompetently/worried I damaged the connector pin slot when inserting one. Used DU2Z-14474-CA pins. They didn't seem to be seating all the way. Hoping I just damaged one of the pins when inserting and didn't break anything inside the connector. Going to pray and finish hooking everything up...

Last edited:

Doughecka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 XLT 302a PowerBoost SuperCrew
Good job doing your research as you're on the right track. In your case making your own harness would be the best option and might actually be easier in some cases, don't need to take the bumper off then. You can easily bolt up the CCM bracket from the bottom. Then just run your harness from there into the cab. Just use four wires for the harness, nothing crazy there or out of the ordinary. Here are the pins you need for the IMPA side of the harness.

DU2Z-14474-CA
I'm almost in the same exact position ('22 XLT 302A w/removed nav, no 360 cams), and I'm strongly considering going through this process. Only difference is I have a PowerBoost, which sounds like is a bit more crowded behind the bumper, so I'd probably have to remove the bumper to install the CCM.

To summarize my findings thus far:

Last edited:

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
@Doughecka awesome work man! Here some answers to your questions.

• Since you have the four wire populated at the middle IPMA connector, you can just replace the front bumper harness.
  • Taking everything apart is pretty obvious, just take you time the first time. I think I could take my whole front off blindfolded with one arm tied behind my back at this point...
  • Hardware
    • Since you have a Powerboost you bumper harness is going to be different! That harness is for 3.5L trucks, with LED fogs, w/o park assist, so it get really complicated when it comes to bumper harness. Just need to research and maybe try to find a VIN just like yours but with ACC so you can use it to find the right PN.
    • To add the CCM side connector if you make your own harness you need one of the the following, WPT-1198, 4U2Z-14S411-LC, https://tinyurl.com/mr37hd5v. Few different part numbers but all the same thing pretty much. This is actually in your CCM cable pinout link above.
    • Everything hardware wise looks good
And the piece de resistance, here is the sheet I've been working on in the background and put together for all the Forscan changes. Keep in mind this is still kind of a work in progress, and is mainly geared towards MY21 rigs, but most guys with MY22 have used it successfully as well. The only big kicker right now is the lack of navigation on MY22s which may be interfering with traffic sign recognition working like it should, but ACC and lance centering work just fine.

https://tinyurl.com/ACCaddChanges

Last edited:

Sponsored

Doughecka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
@Doughecka awesome work man! Here some answers to your questions.

• Since you have the four wire populated at the middle IPMA connector, you can just replace the front bumper harness.
  • Taking everything apart is pretty obvious, just take you time the first time. I think I could take my whole front off blindfolded with one arm tied behind my back at this point...
  • Hardware
    • Since you have a Powerboost you bumper harness is going to be different! That harness is for 3.5L trucks, with LED fogs, w/o park assist, so it get really complicated when it comes to bumper harness. Just need to research and maybe try to find a VIN just like yours but with ACC so you can use it to find the right PN.
    • To add the CCM side connector if you make your own harness you need one of the the following, WPT-1198, 4U2Z-14S411-LC, https://tinyurl.com/mr37hd5v. Few different part numbers but all the same thing pretty much. This is actually in your CCM cable pinout link above.
    • Everything hardware wise looks good
And the piece de resistance, here is the sheet I've been working on in the background and put together for all the Forscan changes. Keep in mind this is still kind of a work in progress, and is mainly geared towards MY21 rigs, but most guys with MY22 have used it successfully as well. The only big kicker right now is the lack of navigation on MY22s which may be interfering with traffic sign recognition working like it should, but ACC and lance centering work just fine.

https://tinyurl.com/ACCaddChanges

Lol, you ARE a superfordman :D

I haven't actually checked the ipmi connector yet... I was compiling a checklist of things to do/confirm before I pull the trigger, to make sure I had the most recent items. There were a few items that started one way, then got changed as I read through this thread. Although, good thing I mentioned the harness, as it makes sense the powerboost would have a different harness because of the annoyatron speaker (I need to get that bypass device to silence it, or disable via forscan...).

I'll definitely want to go through all the forscan changes just to understand what's going on. I'm deeply technical so it'll be fun in a puzzle-like way. This truck is like a rolling datacenter, full of computers in every nook and cranny.

Thanks for the response.

edit: yea, the lack of nav/sat radio only bothered me because hd radio is also missing.

XLT22

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a XLT
Thanks for the info. I’m going to tackle this soon.

Doughecka, you have a 302a with the force removed nav and Sirius and don’t have HD Radio? My 8/1/22 build date 302a has HD Radio with the nav and Sirius missing. That’s confusing.

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? A5B51E0C-C1DE-4562-B9EA-C574071D7E93

Doughecka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the info. I’m going to tackle this soon.

Doughecka, you have a 302a with the force removed nav and Sirius and don’t have HD Radio? My 8/1/22 build date 302a has HD Radio with the nav and Sirius missing. That’s confusing.

A5B51E0C-C1DE-4562-B9EA-C574071D7E93.jpeg
Yep, my 302A's build (blend?) date is 8/15/2022, with the force removed nav/satradio, and no FM HD radio.

Hmmm, now I'm tempted to compare our VINs and see what's different.

Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? 20221116_084232

Doughecka

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1FTEW1CP1NFC10517

Go ahead. I haven’t pulled the IPMA cover yet to check if any wires are populated in that plug. At least with my old 2019 truck I was under the impression HD radio and Sirius always came together. I’ve been getting by with streaming Sirius but this has me curious if there’s a difference somewhere.
my VIN is: 1FTFW1ED3NFB78421
So comparing the as-built:
I have this: ML3T-18K810-CDH, does not include HD Radio functionality (no HD Radio logo on the module itself)
you have: ML3T-18K810-FDH, deciphering the module address data, the differences are:
HDR HD Radio (mine is HDR No HD Radio)
FSS Speaker 1 Output No Speaker Connected (mine is Internal Amp Speaker/Tweeter)
Speaker 2 output No Speaker Connected (mine is Non-Tweeter Only)
Speaker 3 Output Tweeter Only (mine is Non-Tweeter Only)
Speaker 4 Output Tweeter Only or Not Used (Mine is Non-Tweeter Only or not used or Int Amp)
ABH Enabled, ABDSP Enabled, AT Active Non-Diversity Antenna (SWB+Enabled, Phantom Enabled, Ant 2 Disabled), Mine is ABH Disabled, ABDSP Disabled, AT Passive (Ant 2 disabled, SWB+ Disabled, Phantom Disabled)

Different EQ setup (probably because our speaker layout is different?)

Looking at your window sticker, you have the B&O SOUND SYSTEM, 8 SPKR, I don't.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Lol, you ARE a superfordman :D

I haven't actually checked the ipmi connector yet... I was compiling a checklist of things to do/confirm before I pull the trigger, to make sure I had the most recent items. There were a few items that started one way, then got changed as I read through this thread. Although, good thing I mentioned the harness, as it makes sense the powerboost would have a different harness because of the annoyatron speaker (I need to get that bypass device to silence it, or disable via forscan...).

I'll definitely want to go through all the forscan changes just to understand what's going on. I'm deeply technical so it'll be fun in a puzzle-like way. This truck is like a rolling datacenter, full of computers in every nook and cranny.

Thanks for the response.

edit: yea, the lack of nav/sat radio only bothered me because hd radio is also missing.
:LOL: haha thanks!

Checking that connector is super easy, just pop off the side panel and reach in and disconnect it quick to see if the wires are there or not.

If you do all your research, and looks like you definitely have already, it should be pretty simple for you once you wrap your head around all the Forscan changes needed. If you like puzzles, I shouldn't've made it so easy and made you go through and figured out all the values that needed changed on your own! Like Jesse and me had to do months ago when we forging the path for all this and figuring it out by trial and error haha.

Strange about your HD radio, there are some values in the ACM and APIM to change, you might just try to enable them to see if you have it, just not enabled for who knows why.
Sponsored