Sponsored

Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan?

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Thanks for the info. So sounds like XLTs don't have the wiring unless they get a CCM from the factory, otherwise Lariats and above are prewired for the CCM all the way to the bumper even if they don't have it spec'd on them.
Sponsored

JaHoova

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Supercrew XLT Powerboost
@superfordman not quite from my experience. If you have 302A with 360 cams the CCM is pre-wired (at least mine was). No 360 cams=not pre wired.

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
Yes. The wires run to the connector number 265 on the fender. Its a pin to access but it could be done.
Jesse, if I remember right you did the 360 cameras on your truck. I have the cameras and the advanced IPMA. Im having issues finding the wiring. Looking on fordparts.com it shows everything having the same part number, besides the letter on the end. Also did you pin the side camera wiring into the door connector (C510 and C610)?

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Jesse, if I remember right you did the 360 cameras on your truck. I have the cameras and the advanced IPMA. Im having issues finding the wiring. Looking on fordparts.com it shows everything having the same part number, besides the letter on the end. Also did you pin the side camera wiring into the door connector (C510 and C610)?
I posted the part numbers in a thread. I would repost but I cant find them right now.

Yes.. there is a new green connector that has the Door cams and that green connector runs to the truck side door connectors. Then there are two cables for the door side that pin in. THe front cam is wired from c316 to the grill you have to run from the ipma to c316.

The rear cam is the same no change.

There is a thread about adding 360 cams with what I had at the time

ZHUORY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln
Thank you for your very nice work. I want to know how you can enable ESA work well? And wether ESA was showed in ipc?

Sponsored

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
Thank you for your very nice work. I want to know how you can enable ESA work well? And wether ESA was showed in ipc?
Are you referring to evasive steer assist? Yes, I have it enabled and turned on currently in my truck, as I think it defaults to on everytime to key on pretty much. Does it work though? No idea honestly, I don't think I've been in a situation where it has needed too luckily. Don't know why it wouldn't though as everything is enabled and working like it should be.

ZHUORY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln
YES, I want to know how can you enable the ESA by forscan?

rand0mus3r

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 XLT
Thanks for the info. So sounds like XLTs don't have the wiring unless they get a CCM from the factory,
I'm sorry that I keep getting confused by this point - but when you say doesn't have the wiring do you mean from where the harness terminates inside the truck to the IPMA?

Also, doesn't the XLT + 360 cams come prewired even if my above understanding is correct?

ZHUORY

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lincoln
Which code was edited by forscan, APIM, IPC, and so on.

kozachochek

First Name
Pavlo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Occupation
Engineer
FYI, I purchased the complete wiring diagram for our trucks if someone needs to know connector color, number, pinout, and location. I will help when I can.
@Twocardshort could you pretty please share the wiring diagram for the front bumper harness with CCM and front parking aid sensors. All the way to IPMA. I think I will need to make harness for sensors too.

Sponsored

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
@Twocardshort could you pretty please share the wiring diagram for the front bumper harness with CCM and front parking aid sensors. All the way to IPMA. I think I will need to make harness for sensors too.
Yes, I will try to get it together tomorrow.

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
Yes, I will try to get it together tomorrow.
Here is a quick shot of the front bumper. You can buy the bumper harness already done that will connect at connector 134. From connector 134 it will run to the passenger side kick panel connector 265. At this connector you can pin in and run new wiring to the IPMA depending on what you are wanting to add. In my case I'm only interested in the CCM module for adaptive cruise. So I will only need to pin in four wires from connector 265 to connector 242B. But anyway I will try to get it all scanned and posted tomorrow.

superfordman

First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 Lariat 501A
Occupation
Precision Ag Guru
I'm sorry that I keep getting confused by this point - but when you say doesn't have the wiring do you mean from where the harness terminates inside the truck to the IPMA?

Also, doesn't the XLT + 360 cams come prewired even if my above understanding is correct?
Kinda, less wiring would mean less the 4 wires going from the IPMA connector to the front bumper harness connector for the CCM. It should go from both point all the way or none. I don't believe there would be spec where it would only go from the IPMA connector to the cab connector on the passenger side towards the outside. Its either all or nothing when it comes to being prewired.

Sounds like that combo does come prewired for the CCM, so adding the 360 cams must trigger having those 4 wires built into the harness, even if they aren't used yet. Just like the Lariats, it seems they are all prewired for the CCM.

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
Kinda, less wiring would mean less the 4 wires going from the IPMA connector to the front bumper harness connector for the CCM. It should go from both point all the way or none. I don't believe there would be spec where it would only go from the IPMA connector to the cab connector on the passenger side towards the outside. Its either all or nothing when it comes to being prewired.

Sounds like that combo does come prewired for the CCM, so adding the 360 cams must trigger having those 4 wires built into the harness, even if they aren't used yet. Just like the Lariats, it seems they are all prewired for the CCM.
You could be right. I have yet to check C134 for the four extra wires. I was told you could go directly from IPMA to the CCM (easiest way) or from the IPMA to C265 (OEM). If it is not wired from C265 to C134 then I will bypass C265 completely. I will post when I find out. I'm still having trouble getting the proper terminals at the IPMA. I have 3 of 4. I need one more.

Twocardshort

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Occupation
Production Manager
Here is a quick shot of the front bumper. You can buy the bumper harness already done that will connect at connector 134. From connector 134 it will run to the passenger side kick panel connector 265. At this connector you can pin in and run new wiring to the IPMA depending on what you are wanting to add. In my case I'm only interested in the CCM module for adaptive cruise. So I will only need to pin in four wires from connector 265 to connector 242B. But anyway I will try to get it all scanned and posted tomorrow.
Ford F-150 Adding Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 with Forscan? PXL_20220608_020409436
Sponsored