Sponsored

Adding AMP power step to 21 Lariat Super Crew

F1Fiddy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21-150
No I have not tried that, why would I? My setup is working fine. If I remember correctly, that gentlemen drilled new holes in the step motor and patched old mounting holes etc. Too much work, though that is probably a more complete install if you didn't want to just push the coolant lines up a few inches. The lines you are pushing up are metal lines so I am not worried about wear. The step motor itself does not move up and down so there is no rubbing on the lines.
Thank you!
Sponsored

TroyD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Supercrew
I had the same issue. The wiring instructions are wrong. The two wires should be next to each other. Try hooking to the green wire next to the white with green stripe wire.
I was ready to connect to the 4
I had the same issue. The wiring instructions are wrong. The two wires should be next to each other. Try hooking to the green wire next to the white with green stripe wire.
I am ready to connect the blue wire to the white w green stripe and the white wire to the green wire beside it like you posted. My 2021 XL Supercrew has 2 white with green stripes coming out of the same place and 2 green wires coming out of the same place. They are located next to each other and have the same color wires on either side of them as in the picture already posted with single green and white with green stripes. Other than that it looks the same as the picture already posted here. Should I just go ahead and hook them up and not worry about the duplicate wires?

Aeroturbine

First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat
I was ready to connect to the 4

I am ready to connect the blue wire to the white w green stripe and the white wire to the green wire beside it like you posted. My 2021 XL Supercrew has 2 white with green stripes coming out of the same place and 2 green wires coming out of the same place. They are located next to each other and have the same color wires on either side of them as in the picture already posted with single green and white with green stripes. Other than that it looks the same as the picture already posted here. Should I just go ahead and hook them up and not worry about the duplicate wires?
I would go ahead and give it a try and see if it works. You might try the other set of wires if the first set don't work.

vinnie45acp

First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Lariat Sport/Black out/502A
Occupation
Logistics
Inspect the package contents once they arrive to make sure they are what you ordered. I ordered the XTREME steps and on the outside of the box it had XTREME part number but inside of the box had the "SMART" steps (XTREME has dual motors on each side smart has just one). SMART is a total gimmick, I wish I got the actual XTREME version that I ordered.

P3 Performance was the distributor, they were great to deal with and gave me a refund to cover the difference in price, but AMP literally mis-packed the box at factory.
Now that you have had your Power Steps for a while, have you had any issues? I am really torn on getting the SMart ones with one motor or getting the Xtreme Dual Motor ones, not sure which I should do, thats why I haven't pulled the trigger yet. Any helpful advice would be great from you or anyone with lots of miles and time with the Amp Power steps on which model is best to get them from. Trying to see if someone will have a Black Friday deal as well, after I decide whihc model to get.
Sponsored