First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
Difference between the LOC and an LC2i is you can fix the bass roll off that OEM radio's have with the LC2i which makes a big difference with aftermarket subs.
That makes sense. My amp has built in crossovers and bass boost so I guess it does the same thing as the lc2i. The Scosche 90LOC does have an adjustable knob for bass which helps also based on what music you’re listening to.
Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
That makes sense. My amp has built in crossovers and bass boost so I guess it does the same thing as the lc2i. The Scosche 90LOC does have an adjustable knob for bass which helps also based on what music you’re listening to.
It's not quite the same thing. You can definitely make it sound better with the bass boost and I did that for years. Only reason I switched to using LC2i's is after seeing a spectrum analyzer showing the signal from the OEM head unit and watching the bass spectrums fall right out completely as the radio got past 1/2 volume. The bass bleeds out until there is almost none being output by the top volume. Of course most OEM head units start outputting distortion around the 3/4 volume point so your really only gaining that last quarter volume. The LOC's and Bass Boosts try to crank up the bass volume levels from where they are output. The LC2i repairs the signal and restores the full spectrum at all levels. Honestly, the difference isn't overwhelming as compared to Bass Boost but after seeing the spectrum analyzer it sold me.

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Kicker 11HS8 works pretty good for what it is. Have it behind the backseat, driver's side. They also have a 10" version.

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
Awesome! Keep us up to date on it!
My local dealer has this in stock. I’m going to have it installed at my first oil change. I haven’t installed an aftermarket stereo or components since the 80s, vehicles are pretty nice these days. I have the non B&O in a Lariat. I think it sounds pretty good as it is and this should put it over the top for me because the truck is already so dang quiet inside. I would consider it “geeking out” to change the rest of the speakers also and put some sound skins on the doors which I am thinking about doing once this sub is in.
Ok so I tell you lies here.
The dealer doesn't actually have it in stock. I stopped in to the service department today to make an appointment for this and a first service. It turns out that what they actually have is one on backorder for the last four months. According to their system there is not one in the country. He said that usually if the availability is inside of three months he would be able to see that.

Sponsored

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
Ok so I tell you lies here.
The dealer doesn't actually have it in stock. I stopped in to the service department today to make an appointment for this and a first service. It turns out that what they actually have is one on backorder for the last four months. According to their system there is not one in the country. He said that usually if the availability is inside of three months he would be able to see that.
O NO!! I hate to hear that.

nighthawk283

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
94 F150, 12 Mustang, 21 F150 Super Cab
I just order the Kicker speaker last friday and got word it will arrive in 2 weeks. Ford parts department already had a big order coming in of these Kicker Subs. It has been on back order for a good while. (Buddy of mine works at this dealer and gave me the extra info)

F150ROD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 XLT on Order/Mazda Roadster Club/Model 3
Occupation
U.S. Navy Retired/Student
So will this Kicker sub work on a B&O Non-Unleashed? Kind of regret adding B&O as it's not really that great.

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
For people who want bass heavy sound coming from their 21 F-150’s your best bet is to just order it without the B&O system and add components. There are a couple videos on YouTube that are showing that adding subs and amps aren’t as complicated as we thought. I test drove a non unleashed B&O system and for me it’s plenty and I used to be the guy that you could hear coming from 2 miles away with thumping bass.

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
For people who want bass heavy sound coming from their 21 F-150’s your best bet is to just order it without the B&O system and add components. There are a couple videos on YouTube that are showing that adding subs and amps aren’t as complicated as we thought. I test drove a non unleashed B&O system and for me it’s plenty and I used to be the guy that you could hear coming from 2 miles away with thumping bass.
This is what I did and the head unit offers plenty of power to my aftermarket Focal performance series components to the doors (clear past lvl 24). I also used a Scosche loc90 with a bass knob to add an aftermarket JL 12TW3 shallow mount sub that’s under my rear seat. Simple enough DIY install.

My one recommendation is to unplug the center speaker. It can’t keep up with the aftermarket components and it makes the sound too bright.

Sponsored

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
I just order the Kicker speaker last friday and got word it will arrive in 2 weeks. Ford parts department already had a big order coming in of these Kicker Subs. It has been on back order for a good while. (Buddy of mine works at this dealer and gave me the extra info)
Please follow up and let us know how it goes. I’m curious what the dealer charges for this and if when they add it to the head unit does some controls for the sub show up.

RamT

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150

Any updates?

nighthawk283

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
94 F150, 12 Mustang, 21 F150 Super Cab
Sorry I am out of town give me some time and I'll keep you guys a update once I return.