Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system

Jrohner78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt fx4
an aftermarket sub/amp combo should sound much better than either B&O set-up especially plugging into factory wiring as it will reduce the low end as volume

post pics please
I do agree but at the same time I knew what I had in the Raptor and I liked it. I've seen (and heard) people that put large sub systems in trucks and it not sound as good as a factory setup.
Sponsored

Chenko24

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 Ecobbost 3.5L tuned + performance mods
Occupation
Supervisor
Ran my power and accessory wire tonight. nothing is hooked up but they are there ready. I need to get a fuse clip tomorrow for the accessory wire to jump on to a fuse in the kick panel. Then I'll get the ground setup and it's nothing but placing my box and hooking up the wires to the amp and line converter. The factory sub will stay hooked up as I'm told this system requires the signal to work properly. I'm also told there is a chance I'll have to place a resistor in the line... but may get away without. Will see once it's hooked up.

Chenko24

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 F150 Ecobbost 3.5L tuned + performance mods
Occupation
Supervisor
Ok 2 x 10" subs in and now I'm happy. Tomorrow I'll run the base dial so I can fine tune each song as needed. On the low end there is just enough base to sound really good and when you hit 19/20 volume she pushes hard. some songs too much infact. I'll have to play with my amp settings. But like I said on the low 2-6/7 volume it sounds great like it should have sounded with the B&O upgraded system. Too bad I can't ask B&O for half my money back on the system. LOL.

Ron

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 F150, Soon to be 2021 hybrid
This fit in '21 Poweboost? Thoughts/ better options? I'm not an audio guy but thought about doing just a little something since I didn't get the upgraded BO
Ford F-150 Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system Screenshot_20210422-001610_Chrome

Jrohner78

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 xlt fx4
Ok 2 x 10" subs in and now I'm happy. Tomorrow I'll run the base dial so I can fine tune each song as needed. On the low end there is just enough base to sound really good and when you hit 19/20 volume she pushes hard. some songs too much infact. I'll have to play with my amp settings. But like I said on the low 2-6/7 volume it sounds great like it should have sounded with the B&O upgraded system. Too bad I can't ask B&O for half my money back on the system. LOL.
Where does your sub sit?

Sponsored

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
Very interested in how easy it would be to add that Kicker add-on.

OP
OP
ricko24

ricko24

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB
Not a bad price, and it looks like it comes with a DSP to level out mids and highs to go with the sub as well. Issue I have is that it is a dealer only install.
This is if you don't have either BO system I believe. Where this amp is installed is where the amp for the BO sub is. I checked on my Lariat SuperCrew with regular BO.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
This is if you don't have either BO system I believe. Where this amp is installed is where the amp for the BO sub is. I checked on my Lariat SuperCrew with regular BO.
I think you nailed it. So, I need someone to buy this and tell me if it is any good. HAHA!

Sponsored

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
Not a bad price, and it looks like it comes with a DSP to level out mids and highs to go with the sub as well. Issue I have is that it is a dealer only install.
My local dealer has this in stock. I’m going to have it installed at my first oil change. I haven’t installed an aftermarket stereo or components since the 80s, vehicles are pretty nice these days. I have the non B&O in a Lariat. I think it sounds pretty good as it is and this should put it over the top for me because the truck is already so dang quiet inside. I would consider it “geeking out” to change the rest of the speakers also and put some sound skins on the doors which I am thinking about doing once this sub is in.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
My local dealer has this in stock. I’m going to have it installed at my first oil change. I haven’t installed an aftermarket stereo or components since the 80s, vehicles are pretty nice these days. I have the non B&O in a Lariat. I think it sounds pretty good as it is and this should put it over the top for me because the truck is already so dang quiet inside. I would consider it “geeking out” to change the rest of the speakers also and put some sound skins on the doors which I am thinking about doing once this sub is in.
Awesome! Keep us up to date on it!

Wakevictim

First Name
Stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT 3.5L eb
Occupation
Military
Just installed a Scosche 90LOC to my 6 speaker system and it works great. There is no need to spend the extra money on a fancier LOC since this has adjustable output and fits great behind the head unit.

I also replaced my door speakers with Focal PS165F component speakers from a previous build and sounds pretty great even without installing a DSP and running off the head unit.

Ford F-150 Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system D245332F-50F1-4B72-8DC1-39431076C74F

Ford F-150 Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system 6398A5DA-52C1-4F3B-860B-C7BAE72BC05C

Ford F-150 Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system 10C15683-E525-46FC-832F-C53F21935373

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Just installed a Scosche 90LOC to my 6 speaker system and it works great. There is no need to spend the extra money on a fancier LOC since this has adjustable output and fits great behind the head unit.

I also replaced my door speakers with Focal PS165F component speakers from a previous build and sounds pretty great even without installing a DSP and running off the head unit.

D245332F-50F1-4B72-8DC1-39431076C74F.jpeg

6398A5DA-52C1-4F3B-860B-C7BAE72BC05C.png

10C15683-E525-46FC-832F-C53F21935373.jpeg
Difference between the LOC and an LC2i is you can fix the bass roll off that OEM radio's have with the LC2i which makes a big difference with aftermarket subs.
Sponsored