Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Lariat SUper Crew 500a 3.5 EB Max Tow
I’m at the dealer today and had them look this part up. It is now available to ship. While the tech was in my truck he looked for a harness behind the seat and reported that I do not have the wiring for it built into the truck. I have a Lariat 500A. I wonder what truck they make this thing for then.
Sponsored

RamT

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I’m at the dealer today and had them look this part up. It is now available to ship. While the tech was in my truck he looked for a harness behind the seat and reported that I do not have the wiring for it built into the truck. I have a Lariat 500A. I wonder what truck they make this thing for then.
Which sound system you have? ?

magg992001

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
Please tell me if I'm crazy and going to waste my time? What if I were to remove that speaker behind the rear seat and replace with LC2i and one of these powered sub options?
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-qxddrb6Poxm/p_777B8PTD/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PTD.html
https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-SS8P-Under-Seat-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B079PRCP9W
I'm sure there are much better quality custom option but to me the only thing missing in the B&O factory system is little more base. Not expecting any huge bass gains.
Thanks for any input!

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Which sound system you have? ?
Standard non B&O. Maybe this part comes with a harness and some instructions to connect it somewhere else. They also said the price was $800.00 plus not the five something listed.

RamT

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Standard non B&O. Maybe this part comes with a harness and some instructions to connect it somewhere else. They also said the price was $800.00 plus not the five something listed.
Ford its making ot hard to upgrade :/ i do have the regular B&O (non unleashed) i wonder if ill fit on this one

Sponsored

RamT

First Name
Raul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
Please tell me if I'm crazy and going to waste my time? What if I were to remove that speaker behind the rear seat and replace with LC2i and one of these powered sub options?
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-qxddrb6Poxm/p_777B8PTD/Sound-Ordnance-B-8PTD.html
https://www.amazon.com/Rockville-SS8P-Under-Seat-Powered-Subwoofer/dp/B079PRCP9W
I'm sure there are much better quality custom option but to me the only thing missing in the B&O factory system is little more base. Not expecting any huge bass gains.
Thanks for any input!
I know a lot of people are taking this route where they add the LC2i but they are adding a sub and an amp, i haven't seen anyone with those type of sub. Wondering how would the sound be?

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
Does that include their cost to install it and reprogram the sound system?

magg992001

First Name
Clint
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT 3.5EB
I know a lot of people are taking this route where they add the LC2i but they are adding a sub and an amp, i haven't seen anyone with those type of sub. Wondering how would the sound be?
Ok thanks, I will probably give this a go, see what kind of results.
Now does anyone have wiring schematic for this, assuming I could just tap into it for High Speaker Inputs and Amp Remote?
Ford F-150 Adding a Sub to non-unleashed BO system 20210719_071817

Capt Obvious

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford its making ot hard to upgrade :/ i do have the regular B&O (non unleashed) i wonder if ill fit on this one
Take a
Does that include their cost to install it and reprogram the sound system?
i didn’t dog any deeper once he told me there wasn’t a harness there. I looked at it myself last night short of removing the backing on the back wall or the carpet. I don’t see any harness either. I emailed some questions to Levittown Ford asking what else comes with the speaker and if any instructions. Maybe it comes with a harness and there is somewhere else to plug it in. If that’s a bust then I will just go to one of the nice custom shops near me I suppose. Seriously for the money one could probably buy better sound aftermarket. I think the things sounds pretty good as is, night and day better than the 21 Silverado that I drive for work every day. The thought of a Ford part made to fit and plug into the Ford truck just makes me feel better.

nighthawk283

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
94 F150, 12 Mustang, 21 F150 Super Cab
Take a

i didn’t dog any deeper once he told me there wasn’t a harness there. I looked at it myself last night short of removing the backing on the back wall or the carpet. I don’t see any harness either. I emailed some questions to Levittown Ford asking what else comes with the speaker and if any instructions. Maybe it comes with a harness and there is somewhere else to plug it in. If that’s a bust then I will just go to one of the nice custom shops near me I suppose. Seriously for the money one could probably buy better sound aftermarket. I think the things sounds pretty good as is, night and day better than the 21 Silverado that I drive for work every day. The thought of a Ford part made to fit and plug into the Ford truck just makes me feel better.
When I checked the old kicker model for previous years they come with a harness. They are plug and play and required a cut as well. Not sure on the new one. I should be returning this week.

Sponsored

Tyler17

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
So does that kicker one offer any upgrade to the B&O non unleashed system or no? I think it sounds good, just think it needs a little more bass. I cant put one under my rear seats or anything due to the way I use the back seat area so Im confined to putting something better behind the seat or leaving it alone.

nighthawk283

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I got the Kicker install and just got to say wow I am impressed on this little sub. (Next thing i want to do is change all the speakers) So the kicker comes with all the wiring you need. Power wire from power block in engine to amp and as well signal wire from head-unit to amp. From factory all holes for screws and slits on carpet are there. Ford just didn't add the harness like they used to. Now on the head-unit there is no addition setting for just the sub so you still only have the 3 settings (Bass, Mid, Treble). A ford dealer needs to do the install it since they have to update the ACM and other components. Running the wires and all was pretty easy and only took about 1.5hrs.

nighthawk283

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
So does that kicker one offer any upgrade to the B&O non unleashed system or no? I think it sounds good, just think it needs a little more bass. I cant put one under my rear seats or anything due to the way I use the back seat area so Im confined to putting something better behind the seat or leaving it alone.
you may not be able to add the kicker since the B&O already comes with a sub which is located in the same spot as the Kicker would go.

dantheman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 XLT powerboost
I got the Kicker install and just got to say wow I am impressed on this little sub. (Next thing i want to do is change all the speakers) So the kicker comes with all the wiring you need. Power wire from power block in engine to amp and as well signal wire from head-unit to amp. From factory all holes for screws and slits on carpet are there. Ford just didn't add the harness like they used to. Now on the head-unit there is no addition setting for just the sub so you still only have the 3 settings (Bass, Mid, Treble). A ford dealer needs to do the install it since they have to update the ACM and other components. Running the wires and all was pretty easy and only took about 1.5hrs.
Thanks for the update! Looks like I will be putting this on my x-mas wish list.

Tyler17

First Name
Tyler
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Did you have the B&O or no?
Sponsored