Sponsored

Adding a Front Camera without full 360 camera view?

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Can you add a front camera? (dont really need full 360)

I am looking at ordering a 2023 and in any setup where you order the 360 camera you need to order the trailer tow package which turns the cameras into a 2K option. On 502A they include CoPilot Assist without the cameras which gets me the lane centering I want but if I try to add the cameras too I need to add the tow package which I dont need. I dont need the 360 setup but waswondering if I can add a front camera for those times when I work in city and squeeze the truck into a tight spot.

I wouldn't want to get into swapping mirrors which is why I was asking about front camera only? Does the settings even support that or if I turned on the bits in forscan would it be yelling at me cause I dont have side cameras?
Sponsored

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
Curious about this also

GEN14OWNER

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 RCSB 5.0 F150 XLT
Occupation
Retired
Can you add a front camera? (dont really need full 360)

I am looking at ordering a 2023 and in any setup where you order the 360 camera you need to order the trailer tow package which turns the cameras into a 2K option. On 502A they include CoPilot Assist without the cameras which gets me the lane centering I want but if I try to add the cameras too I need to add the tow package which I dont need. I dont need the 360 setup but waswondering if I can add a front camera for those times when I work in city and squeeze the truck into a tight spot.

I wouldn't want to get into swapping mirrors which is why I was asking about front camera only? Does the settings even support that or if I turned on the bits in forscan would it be yelling at me cause I dont have side cameras?
Just pay the $2k.

You'll be very happy with the upgrade even if only when you go to sell it or trade it in.

My $0.02

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
Does the Tow Technology Package still have the 360 cameras. That was about $880 for 2022. That is what I got but in hindsight I would have been happy to get the tow package and add those 360 seperately. +$2000 but minus that tow tech would have cost about $1200 more.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
Does the Tow Technology Package still have the 360 cameras. That was about $880 for 2022. That is what I got but in hindsight I would have been happy to get the tow package and add those 360 seperately. +$2000 but minus that tow tech would have cost about $1200 more.
There is no tow tech package any more. The problem with paying the $2K for the camera/tow package is then I am going want to the blue cruise for another $2K. 🤣. That the problem with these options/packages

Sponsored

emmafrank87

First Name
Emma
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
f150
Truth
There is no tow tech package any more. The problem with paying the $2K for the camera/tow package is then I am going want to the blue cruise for another $2K. 🤣. That the problem with these options/packages

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
In my experience having added 360 cams the ipma is designed to only work when all 4 cameras are connected .. when even one is missing the picture is not viewable. Despite any config.

OP
OP

personalt

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tacoma / Cayenne
In my experience having added 360 cams the ipma is designed to only work when all 4 cameras are connected .. when even one is missing the picture is not viewable. Despite any config.
Thanks, that is what I expected but I appreciate the response from an expert

Chili

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150
I've seen rearview mirrors that add cameras and you swap the mirror. Just an idea.

RellIk&5

First Name
Wayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Black Widow
My truck only has rear camera. It's currently in the shop (again) and they gave me a loaner XLT with 360 cams. SOOOO NICE! I'm gonna lose my ass on a trade, but having that feature is really making me consider it. Provided I can't win in a buy back situation because my truck has seen more shop time than road time.
Sponsored