Sponsored

Added Kicker 12" and mono amp under seat, Bass Roll Off at Higher Volumes!?! Is it a Sync4 problem?

GoDawgs2008

First Name
Heath
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
soon to be F150
Installed my kicker 12" Sub, door speakers (off sync4), and mono amp (pushing sub only, signal off line converter). The sub sounds loud and full up to 20'ish volume. Above 20 it rolls off pretty hard.

From the research I've done previous-gen Sync systems had factory settings that level off the bass signal at higher volumes to protect the factory speakers.

I'm assuming the Sync4 does this too and that's why I'm not getting full bass output at higher volumes.
My truck is an XLT with the base stereo (no B&O, no factory amps)

I've heard that the LC2i Pro can fix this https://www.audiocontrol.com/.../factory-system.../lc2i-pro/
I've also read that this can be turned off with FORSCAN in previous generations but haven't found anything or anyone on google saying they've done this with the new 21 trucks.

Anyone have experience with this that can point me in the right direction?
Sponsored

813fifty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150
I am about to have some audio work done, and my audio guy says you need an LC2i with the newer fords for that exact reason. I havent had mine installed yet so I cant comment on the sound, but he did say that if you dont have it anything past half way will have major reduction in bass levels.

nighthawk283

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
94 F150, 12 Mustang, 21 F150 Super Cab
I am about to have some audio work done, and my audio guy says you need an LC2i with the newer fords for that exact reason. I havent had mine installed yet so I cant comment on the sound, but he did say that if you dont have it anything past half way will have major reduction in bass levels.
What if you just replace the speakers just for the mids and high will you still need the lc2i?

21limited

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 f150
I too want to upgrade my sound. The unleashed system is pretty lame. Would you guys mind posting some pictures of what you've done? I'm looking for ideas.

Sponsored

xXChartmanXx

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Explorer, 2021 VW ID.4, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
CyberSecurity Engineer
Had to use an LC2i in my 2011 Explorer with Sync for the same reason. They work well. You could also use an AudioControl amp as most of them have the same bass returning circuitry.

REEDS22

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F-150 Lariat 3.0 Powerstroke
Can confirm that the LC2I did in fact fix my issue!! The system absolutely slaps now!! Can not believe how much better and louder sounding the bass is it's unreal.
Can you explain this a little more? It’s a line out converter, but what is it doing that makes it sound better? I will order tomorrow if it would make the rear speakers sound better on my B&O system. They sound terrible!!

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Try flat eq in forscan, ACM module EQ section on the spreadsheet.

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
have they found a way on the 21 yet?
Not that I am aware of; I just know on the previous F150's the one change was to convert to line level going to the sony amp (if you had the upgraded system), the next step was to flatten the EQ. You can flatten the EQ in the '21, I am just not sure yet if that will mitigate the roll-off. No one will know for sure, until they put a scope on it and see if it stops the roll off.

If I had a non-B&O system in my '21, my first attempt would be to use the rear door's signal to power my sub, and then use forscan to flatten the EQ and see if the sound improves/gets worse/no change.
Sponsored