gendibal

First Name
M
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ordered: 2022 F150 Platinum PB
I already have them thanks to @Livnitup and Forscan big difference
i know. I’m just hoping when my 22 arrives I won’t need to muck around to get it. My wife would freak if she caught me playing with FORSCAN.

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
what does this actually do?

I have a 2021 502A currently and thought I already had the adaptive headlights?

Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors

here is the link to Ford adaptive headlamps

22Platinum

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 KR 3.5
Occupation
software engineer
wait i thought these trucks came with that to begin with?

What is the functionality there but disabled because NHTSA hadn't approved yet, and some have enabled it via FORScan? I am certain i watched a youtube video displaying the light bending headlights.

Rodzm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
This is referring to the glare free function which is disabled. There is a separate video demonstrating it.

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer

Sponsored

MTNMN

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat (2022 F-150 King Ranch On Order)
They were active on all trucks not in the US. They disabled them and only allowed Auto-High beams.
US trucks would do the little alignment dance when the truck was first started at night but they remained stationary.

Enabling Adaptive Driving Beams for Trucks with Auto High Beams | F150gen14.com -- 2021+ Ford F-150, Lightning EV, Raptor Forum (14th Gen) | Owners, News, Discussions

Thanks for the clarification!

I find myself playing with them rocking my wheel to watch the lights flow back and forth.

Im a big kid still hahaha

tonesto7

First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat 502A | 3.5L PowerBoost
Occupation
IT Admin | Software Developer
Thanks for the clarification!

I find myself playing with them rocking my wheel to watch the lights flow back and forth.

Im a big kid still hahaha
LMAO... I do the same thing and my kids think I'm weird.
Then I make sure to tell them not to do this when they can drive because it's dangerous... LOL

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
attached the wrong link ? yes Glare free is in Canada and now available in the US.
hopefully its just a OTA Update with Bluecruise

Orlando150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford
Even with the new rule, it’s unclear how soon drivers will start seeing ADB headlights on U.S. roads. And they probably won’t come cheap. On the cars that AAA tested in 2019, the ADB-compatible headlights cost $3,400 to $6,600 more than traditional headlights.

Some manufacturers, including Audi, told us that vehicles they’ve already sold in the U.S. have had hardware for ADB installed; it just needs to be activated. It isn’t clear if the regulation allows recent models with existing hardware to be activated with ADB, because the language is focused on new vehicles. NHTSA hasn’t responded to our request for clarification.

An Audi spokesperson, Jacob Brown, says the automaker is reviewing the NHTSA standard to see how it compares with European standards. “Audi of America is pleased about the amendment that opens our path toward bringing adaptive driving beam headlights to U.S. customers,” the automaker said in a written statement.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ghts-will-soon-brighten-us-roads-a8128257819/

The final rule is available here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.gov/files/2022-02/ADB-Final-Rule-02-01-2022-web.pdf if someone wants to read through all 300+ pages.

It is different than both the European and SAE standards. It also requires laboratory testing of all components to meet this new standard. So it seems unlikely that this could be activated on existing vehicles any time soon (or possibly ever).

texski

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 King Ranch Super Crew, 1997 Lariat Super Cab
Occupation
Retired
Even with the new rule, it’s unclear how soon drivers will start seeing ADB headlights on U.S. roads. And they probably won’t come cheap. On the cars that AAA tested in 2019, the ADB-compatible headlights cost $3,400 to $6,600 more than traditional headlights.

Some manufacturers, including Audi, told us that vehicles they’ve already sold in the U.S. have had hardware for ADB installed; it just needs to be activated. It isn’t clear if the regulation allows recent models with existing hardware to be activated with ADB, because the language is focused on new vehicles. NHTSA hasn’t responded to our request for clarification.

An Audi spokesperson, Jacob Brown, says the automaker is reviewing the NHTSA standard to see how it compares with European standards. “Audi of America is pleased about the amendment that opens our path toward bringing adaptive driving beam headlights to U.S. customers,” the automaker said in a written statement.

https://www.consumerreports.org/car...ghts-will-soon-brighten-us-roads-a8128257819/

The final rule is available here: https://www.nhtsa.gov/sites/nhtsa.gov/files/2022-02/ADB-Final-Rule-02-01-2022-web.pdf if someone wants to read through all 300+ pages.

It is different than both the European and SAE standards. It also requires laboratory testing of all components to meet this new standard. So it seems unlikely that this could be activated on existing vehicles any time soon (or possibly ever).
This was an issue with the 2017 Porsche Cayenne, and other models with the 4 unit light pods. Each of the 4 lights could be independently manipulated, thus moving the light out of the oncoming driver's sight while keeping the road illuminated. They have been disabled in Porsche cars coming into the US since that time.

Our 2012 Cayenne S has "Dynamic" lighting, where the lights move left, right, up, down, and are even speed sensitive (they move up the faster you go). They are a single projector beam though. Having replaced 1 headlight unit, they are very expensive ... $1,800+. My understanding is our trucks already have this hardware, but the software is disabled. Owners have been using FORSCAN to enable this feature currently. My point is, the price of this feature has already been baked in. You will not have to pay thousands more for new headlight units.

I am a little more optimistic believing it is a matter of administrative approval rather than stringent, bureaucratic testing that has slowed the release. And the fact that owners can enable this function without additional hardware, I would be inclined to think that Ford would enable this option as a function of customer service ... since they continue to increase the price and delete features in 2022 models.

The best thing we can do is reply to Customer Service through the Sync 4 touch screen and request this feature be enabled.
Sponsored