Sponsored

Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US???

J44snk

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 502a Long Box PB F150, 2016 Kia Sorento
I finally got my PC Laptop - I just turned mine on yesterday with FORscan (along with Bambi Mode).
July 2022 blend date (Job 2 Truck)

I did a quick test last night and it worked awesome - much better than the Auto high Beams

But FORscan is showing a DTC error in HCM, but no errors on the dash, and everything seems to be working ok.
“U0122 lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module”

Anyone know what this error is?
Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I finally got my PC Laptop - I just turned mine on yesterday with FORscan (along with Bambi Mode).
July 2022 blend date (Job 2 Truck)

I did a quick test last night and it worked awesome - much better than the Auto high Beams

But FORscan is showing a DTC error in HCM, but no errors on the dash, and everything seems to be working ok.
“U0122 lost communication with vehicle dynamics control module”

Anyone know what this error is?
It’s not uncommon to produce DTC during the change process, particularly communication related . It is also not uncommon for these trucks to produce random DTCs on there own. I wouldn’t worry much about it at this point. Clear and continue.

If the DTC immediately comes back after clearing it might be worth further investigation

TruckGuy2020

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Military
Will I be able to do this mod to a 2021 with projector headlights? Or is it for 2022s only?

Secondly, is forscan the only way to add this feature, or will Ford potentially push this out via OTA if the truck already has the hardware to do it?

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Will I be able to do this mod to a 2021 with projector headlights? Or is it for 2022s only?

Secondly, is forscan the only way to add this feature, or will Ford potentially push this out via OTA if the truck already has the hardware to do it?
Your 21’ will be good to go if you have projectors.

There is about a 0% chance this ever gets pushed to older vehicles. It wasn’t approved in the US when we got our 21s, the US Regs only recently caught up to where the rest of the 1st world has been for awhile. I expect this will be a upsell feature in the near future

Polo08816

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2014 BMW 335i
Your 21’ will be good to go if you have projectors.

There is about a 0% chance this ever gets pushed to older vehicles. It wasn’t approved in the US when we got our 21s, the US Regs only recently caught up to where the rest of the 1st world has been for awhile. I expect this will be a upsell feature in the near future
I think it will be a standard feature in some upper trims of the 2024 refresh.

Sponsored

GDN

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Lightning -Lariat ER, Model 3
Occupation
IT
I think it will be a standard feature in some upper trims of the 2024 refresh.
This is a pure perfect example of Ford's inability to be flexible and lead as a manufacture. The feature has been approved over a year in the US, EVERYTHING they need to implement is in the trucks, all they have to do is flip the same switches in the software we have done with Forscan and they could already give the feature to their buyers. They don't however. Too old, sluggish and riddled with bureaucracy to make it happen.

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
This is a pure perfect example of Ford's inability to be flexible and lead as a manufacture. The feature has been approved over a year in the US, EVERYTHING they need to implement is in the trucks, all they have to do is flip the same switches in the software we have done with Forscan and they could already give the feature to their buyers. They don't however. Too old, sluggish and riddled with bureaucracy to make it happen.
European brands have had this for much longer than the F-150 and owners have to enable it on their own just like we do. I'm also pretty sure that no company offers it in the US, so it's not like anyone is playing catch-up or blazing a trail for everyone else.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Just came back from a long trip across many states. Drove from TN to SC yesterday and crossed through several tunnels in the NC during dark hours. I noticed that once I leave the tunnel (plenty of light in the tunnel; total dark outside of it), the Glare Free does not immediately work. It takes a few long seconds to "re-activate", looks like it looks for oncoming headlights to re-activate it. Total darkness itself immediately after leaving the tunnel was not enough.

sincitirebel

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 limited
I added the glare free and it works fine but my headlights no longer turn with the truck and when i first start the truck i get a warning to check headlight system. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I added the glare free and it works fine but my headlights no longer turn with the truck and when i first start the truck i get a warning to check headlight system. Is there any way to fix this? Thanks!
You have an error in one of the HCM values (734). Double check those or if you want to post a screenshot of what you have, I would be happy to look them over for you.

Sponsored

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
One sure way to see the difference is drive down the road following someone from a distance, or with someone coming torwards you and turn glare free off in the menu, you will see the light disapear on the sides of the road

sincitirebel

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 f150 limited
You have an error in one of the HCM values (734). Double check those or if you want to post a screenshot of what you have, I would be happy to look them over for you.
Thank you!! I’ll double check it tomorrow and post what i have

kirktx

First Name
Kirk
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Powerboost Platinum
My 22 Platinum PB Glare Free is working good after I made the changes in ForScan. I am not new to glare free as I had my 21 Audi RSQ8 programmed to enable it over a year ago. The Audi appears to be more pronounced when GF is active and a notification lights on the instrument display. I missed that notification on the F150 as the GF was not as pronounced as the Audi, but came up with another to tell if it is active. I have my foglights turned on, but have not programmed Bambi in FS. So now when GF becomes active my Foglight indicator goes out. The more I drive I am getting used to the GF on the Ford, but able to confirm that it is active by the lack of the foglight indicator.

towpro

First Name
will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
23 Lariat Powerboost
Turn it off in menu while following someone and you will see the headlights stop shining up the road past the car you are following.

kcarter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F-150 XLT 2.7, 2022 F150 Platinum
Just enabled glare-free, bambi mode, unreal theme, and double honk delete on my 2022 (Job 2?) PB Platinum. SYNC version 22012. Last time I messed with Forscan was to turn up the heated steering wheel temp on my 2014 Lincoln MKZ...

Thanks to everyone for the tips and ticks...the latest version of Forscan worked great with my MS surface. Helped to have another computer to verify/cross reference everything I was typing into Forscan was correct. Things went great first try.

Thanks to @Livinitup and others for compiling all this data 🙌🏻

Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? Screen Shot 2022-12-17 at 11.39.37 AM
Sponsored