Sponsored

Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US???

Handle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2015 Mustang
@FlJohn82 is your ‘21 Lariat a 501 pkg?

501a pkg has LED headlamp reflector
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1667771836201

502a has LED projector
Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1667771961339

the Glare free option requires projectors
Sponsored

FlJohn82

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21 F150 Powerboost
Based on the OEM values you have in 734-01-01 you have a Short bed no scales or CCD.

Yes leave the current value everywhere you see an X. Only change the position where a different value is listed. Looks like you are on the right track: 0102 change to 0101.
Thanks a ton everyone.

mikey1299

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Tried this on my headlight swapped xlt. No luck yet. Auto high beams are still in the menu. No option for glare free yet. Not sure it's possible?
What are all the parts needed to do this?

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
Pretty sure that I got these working yesterday. I know for sure that I’ve removed the “auto-brights” part, but there was too much traffic and other light pollution to be 100% sure.

If so, then I can confirm that Job 2 2022s can make the switch, since my truck was built in September.

Sponsored

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Anyone have a good source for the headlamp to BCM and BCM to HCM harnesses? I bought the headlamp harness from Precision Retrofits, but their other harnesses show as out of stock on their site

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
Not sure if this was discussed, but one thing I noticed very early this morning (4 am) is that Glare Free headlights can't tell when there is fog/heavy fog in which high beams should not be used.
I know I can disable to "adaptive" by turning high beams manually, just saying :)

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Not sure if this was discussed, but one thing I noticed very early this morning (4 am) is that Glare Free headlights can't tell when there is fog/heavy fog in which high beams should not be used.
I know I can disable to "adaptive" by turning high beams manually, just saying :)
Yea that’s actually in the programming of the headlamps, if there’s too much fog or rain it’ll turn the glare free off

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Yea that’s actually in the programming of the headlamps, if there’s too much fog or rain it’ll turn the glare free off
Turn the glare free off and put it in what status? Because if it's not glare free, it is Adaptive Headlights, which still turns high beam on/off automatically. I do not recall high beam not turning on in fog conditions.

dolsen

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Rapid Red 701A
Turn the glare free off and put it in what status? Because if it's not glare free, it is Adaptive Headlights, which still turns high beam on/off automatically. I do not recall high beam not turning on in fog conditions.
From PTS:

The IPMA turns the high beams off if any of the following occur:
The IPMA detects any light source that can be interpreted as an illuminated vehicle lamp
The IPMA determines the ambient lighting conditions are not dark enough
The vehicle speed falls below 44 km/h (27 mph)
The autolamps are turned off
The IPMA determines the view is blocked

The glare-free high beams will turn off when:
the system detects reduced visibility, such as severe rain, snow or fog.
the ambient light level is high enough.
the vehicle speed is less than 19 mph (30 km/h).

As you can see the auto high beams and glare free have different conditions for turning off

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
My guess is that in dense enough fog, the high beams will flash once it twice and then stay off for a while. It probably is much thicker fog than what a reasonable person would keep the brights off for though. I've seen times where I passed save-all road signs all at once with high beams on and the system kept them off for a short distance because of all the reflected light.

ShadowFox

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition, 2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
USAF
Sep 30th, 2022 Build Day, the glare free hardware IS on my truck and I enabled the setting.

It works, however the dynamic bending stopped working and I get a warning pop up to check my headlight system.

Lights still do the dance at start.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Sep 30th, 2022 Build Day, the glare free hardware IS on my truck and I enabled the setting.

It works, however the dynamic bending stopped working and I get a warning pop up to check my headlight system.

Lights still do the dance at start.
I replied to you on the Tremor forum as well, but please check all the values in the HCM closely.

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
Pushing the turn signal stalk forward toggles between 3 states: Glare free. Low beam. High beam.

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pushing the turn signal stalk forward toggles between 3 states: Glare free. Low beam. High beam.
I know :):

Was just wondering, if everything is "automatic", I don't want to manually deactivate it.
Sponsored