Sponsored

Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US???

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
Awesome, I have a King Ranch 3.5 EB. I don’t have the scales or CCD. They weren’t available when my truck was built.
I will also ask if it’s normal that the turning lights (turn toward where you steer) don’t work with the glare free light settings? I noticed that the lights don’t move when I turn the wheel now. Thanks!
Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Awesome, I have a King Ranch 3.5 EB. I don’t have the scales or CCD. They weren’t available when my truck was built.
I think I know what the difference is. The HCM has setting for the truck length. Your king ranch is longer than my original source trucks I'm sure which effects the CRC code.

Let me know what value you have in digits 3 and 4 of: 734-01-01 xx?? xxxx xx

If it is xx13,

then change 734-01-04 to: xxD9 88

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I will also ask if it’s normal that the turning lights (turn toward where you steer) don’t work with the glare free light settings? I noticed that the lights don’t move when I turn the wheel now. Thanks!
They should still turn when everything is setup correctly, but that is most likely due to the wrong CRC code issue. Hopefully the code above fixes that and everything should goes back to normal.

The_Gregors

First Name
The_Gregors
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021_Lariat_SuperCrew
Occupation
Cybersecurity Architect
Does anybody think the Anti-Glare option will be pushed out as an OTA software update now that Adaptive headlights are legal in the US?

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB
I think I know what the difference is. The HCM has setting for the truck length. Your king ranch is longer than my original source trucks I'm sure which effects the CRC code.

If it is xx13,

Yes, my truck is a 6.5’ bed. Good catch. I do have xx13 in that location. I will give the updated entry a try tonight. Thank you for all the help!

Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Does anybody think the Anti-Glare option will be pushed out as an OTA software update now that Adaptive headlights are legal in the US?
Anything is possible, but I could see Ford using it as a selling point for new vehicles and leaving early adopters hanging.

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB

If it is xx13,

ug, still no dice.

If it is xx13,

Ug... still throwing the code. One other note is that I did do the mod to keep the fogs on during high beams, not sure if this could have an affect? Here is my as built info for that module if it helps:

Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1637415988430

Last edited:

shalabama

First Name
JC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Anything is possible, but I could see Ford using it as a selling point for new vehicles and leaving early adopters hanging.
After such long delays for the promised OTA updates for the trailer stickers and BC I no longer have much faith in Fords update. And that ability to push updates was one of the reasons I chose to go with a new 21 model rather than a 20. I normally avoid first year models.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
ug, still no dice.

Ug... still throwing the code. One other note is that I did do the mod to keep the fogs on during high beams, not sure if this could have an affect? Here is my as built info for that module if it helps:
That is interesting. With that last coding change you should have been good.

This is a comparison of several truck. The first (blue) and last (red) are Canadian King Ranch with glare free active.

Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1637417306411

A few additional steps to try. If you haven't already go to the wrench icon in forscan and reset the HCM to force a power cycle.

The other thought I had is potentially the APIM is feeding the wrong steering / traffic direction. It appears earlier versions of sync had an additional menu option that appeared where the traffic direction could be selected. That is not case on later vehicles like mine, but I have no idea where the break point was.

Ford F-150 Adaptive Head Lights - Coming to the US??? 1637418009154

In lighting setting on the sync you should see "Glare Free" where Auto High Beam is in this image. If you have the "Adaptive Headlamps Setup" menu as above that need to be set to Left-hand traffic. That menu no longer appears on later versions.

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician
Shoutout to: @tonesto7 and @Livnitup for paving the way.

Glare Free Menu (replaces Auto High beam) in APIM:
7D0-09-01 x1xx xxxx
7D0-09-03 xxCx xxxx
Note: a module reset in FORScan or power cycle is required for the menu to appear.

IPMA
706-01-01 xxxx xxx9

SCCM
724-04-01 xxx4 xxxx

IPC
720-01-01 xx8x xxxx
720-10-01 xxxx xxx3

HCM
734-01-01 x1xx xxxx
734-01-02 x3xx xxxx
No onboard scales / ccd
734-01-04 xx53 4E
With scales / ccd
734-01-04 xx56 D1
Trying to write the new values into the HCM module. Keep getting “ service procedure interrupted” errors. I’m using OBF Link EX with the latest firmware and Forscan v2.3.43
Any ideas?

Sponsored

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
Trying to write the new values into the HCM module. Keep getting “ service procedure interrupted” errors. I’m using OBF Link EX with the latest firmware and Forscan v2.3.43
Any ideas?
I will shoot you a PM with something to try. v2.3.43 has some issues writing to a few of the modules. forscan is expecting to have it fixed in the next release.

Hullguy

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2013 F150 FX 4
Occupation
Retired Union Electrician

This is a comparison of several truck. The first (blue) and last (red) are Canadian King Ranch with glare free active.

1637417306411.png

A few additional steps to try. If you haven't already go to the wrench icon in forscan and reset the HCM to force a power cycle.

The other thought I had is potentially the APIM is feeding the wrong steering / traffic direction. It appears earlier versions of sync had an additional menu option that appeared where the traffic direction could be selected. That is not case on later vehicles like mine, but I have no idea where the break point was.

1637418009154.png

In lighting setting on the sync you should see "Glare Free" where Auto High Beam is in this image. If you have the "Adaptive Headlamps Setup" menu as above that need to be set to Left-hand traffic. That menu no longer appears on later versions.
I'm getting the same "CheckHeadlamp system" Platinum 5.5 bed TY

GolfR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KR PB

If it is xx13,

1637417306411.png

1637418009154.png

This was super helpful, Thank you! Turns out that I also had to change 734-01-01 xxxx xx01 Looks like that enables "headlight ramping". All is good now.

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
This was super helpful, Thank you! Turns out that I also had to change 734-01-01 xxxx xx01 Looks like that enables "headlight ramping". All is good now.
I see what happened. There was I typo in my original post. I have now edited it to be correct.

Yes 734-01-01 needs to be: xxxx xx01

Sorry everyone.

I also added the long bed check code (CRC) to the original post for future moders

Last edited:

ROBB1

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Tremor
I'm getting the same "CheckHeadlamp system" Platinum 5.5 bed TY
I see what happened. There was I typo in my original post. I have now edited it to be correct.

Yes 734-01-01 needs to be: xxxx xx01

Sorry everyone.
Typo on my part. make the change above and you should get rid of the error.
Sponsored