kmistric

First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
Anyone else have problems with this?
Often when I’m passing 18-wheelers or even other trucks towing trailers, when I’m passing and get halfway by them my adaptive cruise slams the breaks and I get a collision alert on my cluster. I’ve had the truck 2 months and it had gotten better with the OTAs, but can be very frustrating.
Sponsored

Caneman88

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Powerboost F150 Platinum ,MB GLC 300
Occupation
Pella Windows and Doors
Have not have that happens sounds scary

speedracercjr

First Name
Cory
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat EB
Occupation
O&G
Definitely haven't had that happen and have passed many trailers both with Adaptive and Blue Cruise. Might be your camera is a bit off and needs re-alignment.

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
The ACC sensor behind your front bumper could be misaligned(?) or a bad sensor altogether.

Note: I'm not an expert by any means. Definitely get it serviced. Very hazardous to you and drivers on your six.

Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
For reference, here is a thread showing pictures of the ACC sensor and where it resides.

https://www.f150gen14.com/forum/threads/adaptive-cruise-sensor-damaged.8952/

Problem could also reside in down-stream processing hardware but, sounds more like the sensor or its positioning in your case. Generally speaking Radar/lidar aperature components are very sensitive to any physical damage and positioning. (Again, I'm not speaking with any expertise if f150 components)

powerboatr

First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 King Ranch 4x4
Occupation
Retired Navy Senior Chief
my wifes edge was doing this, it would slam brakes in middle of a pass or pickup tall grass in the median (we guess grass). drove us nut, techs etc

i was reading an installation and adjustment document and it suggested debris behind the protective cover of the unit.

on the edge, getting to the cover was a pita, you have to remove the whole front fascia so i think most will not do it

well i did and found a dead grasshopper between the cover and the actual sensor unit.
i suspect the grasshopper was causing interference

so now when she tells me its misbehaving again , i inspect the cover and blow air in the space and see what flies out.
and almost every time there is debris. her unit is low to the ground so it catches alot

i would ask if anyone has removed the trim panel and looked at the unit to see if debris is between the protective covers and the unit

just tossing it out there

dhrandy

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1950 Plymouth, 2021 F-150 Lariat 500a
Occupation
Engineering Tech
I've had it happen only a couple of times, but it just hits the brakes for a split second. It was just enough to make me question what was going on.

Cincy150

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT SC Sport
Occupation
Application Engineer
This happened to me once.. long road trip last month. It just out of the blue alerted and hit the brakes briefly then resumed. I assumed at the time there was some interference/debris. It was in moderate traffic, so it was a bit alarming.. don't recall if I was next to a tractor trailer or what.

OP
OP
kmistric

kmistric

First Name
Kade
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PowerBoost
The ACC sensor behind your front bumper could be misaligned(?) or a bad sensor altogether.

Note: I'm not an expert by any means. Definitely get it serviced. Very hazardous to you and drivers on your six.
I found a manual on aligning the sensor online after doing some research, gonna follow that and see if it helps.
Yes very dangerous if someone Is following close and the truck decides to slam the brakes at highway speeds

Sponsored

Static

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150 - 2021 XL 4x4 Supercab
My previous vehicle was a Tacoma and whenever I would drive under this one specific train bridge it would slam the brakes on if I was using adaptive cruise.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
Yes very dangerous if someone Is following close and the truck decides to slam the brakes at highway speeds
This is just the Adaptive Brake-Check feature for American models. It's part of the Road-Rage™ package.
Sponsored

Last edited: