Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat 502a PB 7.2k 4x4 157"
Occupation
Engineer
Hey guys

Picked up my F150 friday night. Love it, Like driving a space ship. Its amazing how much stress the adaptive cruise control can remove from a persons life. I do have a small issue with it though. On the main road I take to work, it says the speed limit is different than it is. It will set to a slower speed in the middle of nowhere. same spot, every time. Is there something I can do about adjust this? I know with google and State Farm you can update speed limits when they are not correct. Does Ford have something like this?
Sponsored

JIMFOUNTAIN

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 SCREW PB 6.5' 701A
My F150 sometimes confuses interstate speed limits and access road speed limit signs. I turned this option off after having the truck reset cruise speed from 80 to 55 and almost getting rear ended.

Go into you settings and turn off speed limit sign recognition (assuming a 2021 Job 2 truck or a 2022). Earlier Job 1 trucks call that feature Intelligent Cruise.

Last edited:

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
My F150 often misreads bridge / overpass weight limit signs for speed limit signs. I ride a section of interstate with a 65 mph speed limit. There is a bridge with a 55 ton weight limit. In my area, the weight limit signs are shaped , colored and lettered the same as speed limit signs. The sign recognition system does not seem to differentiate between MPH and tons so the cruise drops my speed to 55 mph. I reported this to Ford via the user account here several months ago but never got a response beyond “thanks and noted”.
I got upgraded to BlueCruise this week 😎at the latest revisions to Sync and all other module software. The ton vs mph bug is still there.

snyce1

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21' F150PB PLATINUM, 17'Escape, 15'expeditionEL
Hey guys

Picked up my F150 friday night. Love it, Like driving a space ship. Its amazing how much stress the adaptive cruise control can remove from a persons life. I do have a small issue with it though. On the main road I take to work, it says the speed limit is different than it is. It will set to a slower speed in the middle of nowhere. same spot, every time. Is there something I can do about adjust this? I know with google and State Farm you can update speed limits when they are not correct. Does Ford have something like this?
Ive had mine .ive noted the speed limit reading ability is suboptimal. Periodically misreads signs yeliding bizzaree speed changes . I shut that setting off

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
Mine uses the GPS based speed limits and its usually off in MN.
Sponsored