Actual maintenance manual

Twilighthan

First Name
Twilight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I use Mercedes WIS system to maintain my vehicle. I had no prior automotive maintenance experience three years ago but with WIS, I did all regular maintenance myself for 70k miles so far since it was not only step by step but included the torque settings on each bolt.

Does Ford have a system like this with all the manuals and data an actual Ford Tech would use?
Sponsored

OP
OP
Twilighthan

Twilighthan

First Name
Twilight
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Super. Thank you.

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Hello Zyvin,
Was the 2021 repair manual for a gas powered f150 (not a hybrid). I am looking for hybrid service manual.
Ed
You provide your VIN and they generate a manual (and diagrams) for your specific VIN. If you have a Powerboost and put in your VIN, you'll get the manual for a hybrid.

Sponsored

ESG406

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
21F150 Hyb, 15ExpEL 2 '06 Esc Hyb 99&01elect Rngrs
Occupation
Retired
You provide your VIN and they generate a manual (and diagrams) for your specific VIN. If you have a Powerboost and put in your VIN, you'll get the manual for a hybrid.
Thanks for the info.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Thanks for the info.
Yep, they build the manual specifically for your VIN. For instance I have all the hybrid wiring diagrams and some other hybrid info (probably shared across platforms), but the engine section only shows my 3.5 eco boost.

Blue Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Supercrew FX4
Can anyone explain the difference in service manuals from the site above (factory-manuals.com) and the official ones on Helminc.com please? There’s a big difference in price too. Thank you!

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
Can anyone explain the difference in service manuals from the site above (factory-manuals.com) and the official ones on Helminc.com please? There’s a big difference in price too. Thank you!
This is based off solely what I've read, so it could be wrong. Factory Manuals is the actual factory manual, the same that a technician at the dealership would use to diagnose/repair a problem on your truck. Helm is a more generic version and isn't customized to your vehicle. Drawings, etc. are also not going to be as detailed. Based on past experience with Helm & Chilton, there are some things they do better than the factory manual, and others where important information or steps are missed.

Blue Boy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT Supercrew FX4
This is based off solely what I've read, so it could be wrong. Factory Manuals is the actual factory manual, the same that a technician at the dealership would use to diagnose/repair a problem on your truck. Helm is a more generic version and isn't customized to your vehicle. Drawings, etc. are also not going to be as detailed. Based on past experience with Helm & Chilton, there are some things they do better than the factory manual, and others where important information or steps are missed.
Thank you!

Sponsored

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Im not seeing where you would provide the VIN. Do you have to purchase first and then it asks you?

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Im not seeing where you would provide the VIN. Do you have to purchase first and then it asks you?
You will be asked to provide your VIN.
And when you receive the manual you will also see the value of providing the VIN.

It's an amazing document. For a Powerboost it is 15,000 pages. I only purchased this because I quickly became aware that the dealership service departments have zero expertise regarding my truck. I'm not judging them for that since they couldn't have experience yet, but I am armed with the information that THEY might need if my truck has an issue.

aika1

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicles
'21 F-150, '08 4Runner, '66 LeMans, '21 CanAm X3
Occupation
sales idiot
Is the wiring diagram manual worth the purchase, or are most items addressed in the standard manual making the wiring diagram not nearly as useful for most common issues/repairs? thank you!

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
I did not buy the wiring manual. But I would suspect that it is thorough if it is anything like the service manual?
Sponsored