Active Park Assist Removal for Job 2?

OP
OP

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ram 1500 TRX Sandblast Edition
I came across these two window stickers today. One has a blend date of 3/8/22 and the other 3/23/22. The 3/23/22 sticker has a new item "Active Park Assist 2.0" with nothing for pricing, not "No Charge", no credit, and no price). I can only assume 4 things...
  1. The Active Park Assist 2.0 line is there because of the recent change in the order guide, BUT it is included since it was ordered BEFORE the order guide was updated.
  2. This is a Job 1 truck that was built after the order guide update. I don't know when Job 1 ends and Job 2 begins. I know some have speculated, but I've seen no confirmation.
  3. Any order before the order guide change will include Active Park Assist 2.0
  4. It means absolutely nothing.
w/o Active Park Assist 2.0 line item
Ford F-150 Active Park Assist Removal for Job 2? 1647462732428

w/ Active Park Assist 2.0 line item
Ford F-150 Active Park Assist Removal for Job 2? 1647462742938
Sponsored

NewToFord

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
I came across these two window stickers today. One has a blend date of 3/8/22 and the other 3/23/22. The 3/23/22 sticker has a new item "Active Park Assist 2.0" with nothing for pricing, not "No Charge", no credit, and no price). I can only assume 4 things...
  1. The Active Park Assist 2.0 line is there because of the recent change in the order guide, BUT it is included since it was ordered BEFORE the order guide was updated.
  2. This is a Job 1 truck that was built after the order guide update. I don't know when Job 1 ends and Job 2 begins. I know some have speculated, but I've seen no confirmation.
  3. Any order before the order guide change will include Active Park Assist 2.0
  4. It means absolutely nothing.
w/o Active Park Assist 2.0 line item

w/ Active Park Assist 2.0 line item
The first sticker does have "active Park assist 2.0" but it is in the "equipment group 701a" section, not the "optional equipment" like the 2nd sticker.

I cannot imagine that any truck ordered following the new order guide release would already no have a window sticker.

But agree, it is curious why the "park assist" is in two different sections in these two w stickers.

OP
OP

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
The first sticker does have "active Park assist 2.0" but it is in the "equipment group 701a" section, not the "optional equipment" like the 2nd sticker.

I cannot imagine that any truck ordered following the new order guide release would already no have a window sticker.

But agree, it is curious why the "park assist" is in two different sections in these two w stickers.
Good catch. I overlooked it in the equipment section. Still curious why the change.

OP
OP

SuperClyde

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This was ordered before the new order guide release. I spoke to the dealership that ordered and it was ordered "a couple months ago" they said.

StoneGray22

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 SCREW, 500A, 3.5 EB, 4x4, Max Tow, 157"
I’m hoping the dealers can explain what’s going to happen to existing orders.
Unfortunately I have no faith in any dealership actually knowing (or even being informed) of what is going on.

When I ordered my 500A '22 in mid Nov, they didn't even know that 22MY had lost bed lighting and boxlink as standard features.

Sponsored

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
It will be interesting to see what happens to an truck that has been ordered but no VIN assigned. I would think the Job#2 order guide would be applied and active park assist removed.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
I think the same. I think if you've got a VIN, nothing changes. If you don't have a VIN, probably a closing window of parts.

However, ever the optimist, I think that any car ordered will come as ordered. Might be part of the reason Ford paused scheduling. That time allowed basically final tallies to be made for what's needed, and cut things off after.

Aron

First Name
Aron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F150 Lariat PB 4x2; '15 Expedition; '98 Ranger
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I think the same. I think if you've got a VIN, nothing changes. If you don't have a VIN, probably a closing window of parts.

However, ever the optimist, I think that any car ordered will come as ordered. Might be part of the reason Ford paused scheduling. That time allowed basically final tallies to be made for what's needed, and cut things off after.
I hope that you're right. The only reason that I ordered the Active package was to get the park assist--I still don't trust computerized driving, so I wasn't planning on using Blue Cruise much anyway.

hotrodmex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Lariat 500.5a
From the Ford Employee run forum, some answers. Emphasis mine. RIP Park Assist:

2022MY F-150 PRODUCT OFFERING CHANGES
  • Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal
  • Optional Halogen Headlamp and Fog Lamps
  • Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 Availability

• Ford will be amending most previously scheduled orders to remove the Active Park Assist 2.0 feature. These amendments will include certain Retail, Fleet, and Stock orders scheduled to be produced in the months of March and April.
  • Orders amended to include Active Park Assist 2.0 Removal (67X) will include a $365 credit on the Window Sticker.

• Ford will now offer Halogen Headlamps and Halogen Fog Lamps as optional content on 302A, 500A, and 501A as outlined in the Order Guide. Orders with the Halogen Headlamp and Fog Lamp Option (66H) will include a $500 credit on the Window Sticker. LED reflector headlamps and LED fog lamps remain standard on these configurations.

• Ford Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 (43B) will be restricted from scheduling for stock orders where the feature is optional. Unscheduled retail orders will continue to schedule and retail ordering of the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 feature will remain available.

Last edited:

ShadowFox

First Name
Mac
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Eddie Bauer Expedition, 2016 Mustang GT
Occupation
USAF
Wonder if it’s something that can be easily added later or if the guts for it are being removed as well.

Sponsored

Mitch42

First Name
mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
04 ram 1500 21 Platinum Expedition
Occupation
auto repair
My preview order shows active park assist. I got my window sticker a few days ago and it does not show active park assist or a credit for anything. I ordered Platinum 701a . Is the active park assist something that the dealer will add at a later date? My window sticker shows Ford co-pilot360 active 2.0 - Bluecruise - 360-degree camera package. I was just getting to like the parking on my wifes 21 Platinum Expedition. I'm not going to be real happy if it will no be added later
TIA

SuperDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford F150
From the Ford Employee run forum, some answers. Emphasis mine. RIP Park Assist:

• Ford Co-Pilot Assist 2.0 (43B) will be restricted from scheduling for stock orders where the feature is optional. Unscheduled retail orders will continue to schedule and retail ordering of the Ford Co-Pilot360 Assist 2.0 feature will remain available.
Sounds like (for now at least) those of us who have it ordered might actually get it when they get around to scheduling our trucks...

Now if I could just get a solid answer about the Tow Tech package...

TTABLE213

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Mustang, 2020 Escape, 2022 F150 Platinum PB
Occupation
Retired
I don't do FordSpeak well, so I will only share my actual experience on this matter. I have a retail order with a blend date of 03/15/22. The vehicle has been assembled (per modules and Fordpass info) but still shows as 'in production'. A new window sticker came out on 3/22/22 and it shows the $365 credit for Park Assist Removal. Mine is a Platinum 701A, park assist was supposed to be included. Ford really needs to get it's s--t together, it's a mess.

tbinmd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 KR F150
You would think Ford would ask if you want to delay your truck or not, rather then just forcing the build change on you.
Sponsored