Sponsored

Active Motion seats

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
VW Jetta; 2021 F150 Platinum PB
I think I know the answer but hope springs eternal ...
  • I would like to get PowerBoost but am concerned about the low payload. Platinum is my preferred trim but...
  • One way to gain payload is to try for 18" wheels and no power running boards configuration
  • The highest trim I can find that lets me do that is King Ranch - base 600A package
I can get all the options (PB, 4x4, 7.2kW gen, lay flat seats, work surface, internal storage) I want except... the Active Motion seats. With a back back that hurts in long drives , I have been very keen to include the Active Motion seats.

I am not able to see any way to get the Active Motion seats with 18" wheels and no power running boards. Is there a way I am missing or this is a choice forced on me.

I know the likely answer is no but figured I'd ask. Many thanks!
Sponsored

Roger350

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2011 Evo MR, 2015 Sonata Hybrid, 2007 Tahoe - Being Replaced by 2021 F-150
Occupation
Engineer
I think I know the answer but hope springs eternal ...
  • I would like to get PowerBoost but am concerned about the low payload. Platinum is my preferred trim but...
  • One way to gain payload is to try for 18" wheels and no power running boards configuration
  • The highest trim I can find that lets me do that is King Ranch - base 600A package
I can get all the options (PB, 4x4, 7.2kW gen, lay flat seats, work surface, internal storage) I want except... the Active Motion seats. With a back back that hurts in long drives , I have been very keen to include the Active Motion seats.

I am not able to see any way to get the Active Motion seats with 18" wheels and no power running boards. Is there a way I am missing or this is a choice forced on me.

I know the likely answer is no but figured I'd ask. Many thanks!
I have not figured out how to get the active motion seats with 18" wheels and fixed running boards. I wish you could. The active motion massage was great on the test drive event. But I want 18" wheels and fixed running boards so have a KR 600A on order. I was hoping upgrading to the Max Recline Seats would add in the massage feature, but I was told by a trusted resource that they make two versions of the max recline seats, one with and one without massage, and the 600A will have the non-massage version.

If you find a way to add the active motion with the 18" wheels and fixed boards, let us all know, as I would change my order to get the massage if it didn't force me to get the power running boards and bigger wheels.

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thank you - @Roger350! I too have added the Max Recline seats to the KR build but have run into the same issue (they do not include Active Motion). Will ask the deal before placing my order but not optimistic at all.

H-Town

First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Ford Explorer Platinum, 2015 Harley Davidson Street Glide Special
I have Active Motion seats in my 2018 Ford Explorer Platinum. They are amazing on the long trips with the heat turned on! I won't order another vehicle without them!

OP
OP

kavm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for reminding me of the importance! I really don't want to give up on them.
Sponsored