Active HD Radio using ForScan?

GWG

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
So I did not get the B&O option, had no idea you only get HD radio with that option. I know there is a toggle for HD radio in ForScan. Is this just for B&O systems? Anyone know if the regular radio in the 302A High package has the hardware for HD built in or am I out of luck?
Sponsored

futuretrunks

First Name
Jewelrean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
honda accord ‘18 ford bronco ‘21
Occupation
manager
Following lol

Reactions: GWG

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
So I did not get the B&O option, had no idea you only get HD radio with that option. I know there is a toggle for HD radio in ForScan. Is this just for B&O systems? Anyone know if the regular radio in the 302A High package has the hardware for HD built in or am I out of luck?
Give it a shot, couldn't hurt anything. I would think it is a different ACM part #, but who knows. Knowing Ford maybe its the same, and they just disable it. lol.

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
I tried and it didn't work. Not sure if I did the right codes tho.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
You need a new acm. I added it to mine. The hd radio is an addition decoder internal to the acm.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GWG

GWG

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
The acm is actually very easy. It can be accessed from the top of the dash. You don’t have to take the screen out.
The acm is probably $600 or so. Maybe less.

you would need to also update your sat radio account also with the new esn.
No wiring or anything needed. As long as you have sat radio already. The acm is the same for 8” and 12”

Str8Shooter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT 302A FX4 Powerboost
Occupation
Retired Systems Integrator
Interesting discussion. I think it would be fascinating if the Audio Control Module (ACM) includes the HD radio functionality on my truck, which too is a 302A XLT standard radio. I'd enable it if the ACM supports it. Was I surprised that my F150 standard radio didn't have HD radio? Yes, I was surprised. My 2011 Ford Fusion SEL has HD Radio and I thought it would be standard equipment 10 years later. Tells you how much I know.

The Star Trek Logic in me thinks Ford would would tell their ACM vendor that they want a non HD radio ACM for their standard radio so that Ford would pay their ACM vendor less. My guess is most Ford F150's are not B&O systems.

That said, HD/FM/AM (in that order), would be my last choice for listening to radio. Internet Radio with a free radio app like TuneIn does the same thing better in almost every way using Android Auto/Apple Car Play. You can pick 1000's of radio stations over thousands of miles unlike broadcast RF Radio where you only get about 12 miles of range with HD radio before it jumps to analog quality. For FM, the range is probably no better than 30 miles.

I think radio of the future is internet IP based, not RF based.

Last edited:

Tech150

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT
Interested as well, although not for $600. My 2013 had HD radio. I live in an area with a lot of radio stations, most broadcast in HD and many have second or third channels.

Darkjeep

First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150, CR-V
Occupation
God of Tech
OMG I installed the HD tuner in my CRV and well I need it for the F150. NEED.

Sponsored

OP
OP
GWG

GWG

First Name
Greg
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jeep
Thanks for the info @Jesse-Infotainment! I will consider it. @Str8Shooter, I agree the future is IP. I am an IT and Broadcast engineer. I work on FM transmitter sites a lot, and have a need to listen to over the air signals including HD to verfy I did my job right. I have other ways to do this, but to listen in the truck is preferred. I was supprized that a truck that comes with satellite radio built in would not have the ability for HD too. I should have done more research.

Jesse-Infotainment

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I understand. The price right now is due to needing parts from ford and anything electrical is expensive. The price and availability will be better once trucks start to meet their maker and their parts show on eBay.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
Agree with Jesse. The parts will become much cheaper. It’s usually the APIM and screen that stay pretty expensive, the acm not so much.

dre276

First Name
andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 F150XLT, 2021 F150 XLT 302A Lead Foot
Any idea on a part number for that ACM?
I purchased a new HD Radio ACM from ebay for $300. I don't know the exact part number but the picture is below.
Ford F-150 Active HD Radio using ForScan? IMG_8179

does anyone know what the third antenna plug and the mini usb plug is for?
Ford F-150 Active HD Radio using ForScan? IMG_8178
Sponsored