Sponsored

Pedaldude

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2001 Lincoln Navigator, 2021 Ford F-150
I was thinking about the airdam last night and was wondering when someone would post a video or picture! I have an XLT and it is equipped with one. The 4X4s have one that is taller.

So far, in settings, I didn’t notice any setting to disable it for any reason, there should also be a test setting for diagnostics, as well as lubing or cleaning. I can see a plastic bag easily jamming it.

Hopefully, there’s some kind of logic running it, so that it isn’t constantly moving up and down when you are in a 40mph zone. Like deploying at 40mph and retract at 35mph,

I was under my truck just yesterday to see about making a front receiver for a metal rack. The dam looks pretty light and there are two servos or harmonic drives that lower it. Ford Parts has the exploded diagram but I can’t find the parts listed yet. You would think with all the jerkoffs driving with unsecured loads on the highway, at least one 2021 has driven over a ladder or 2x4 and torn this thing off.

I can definitely see these getting jammed up with road schmutz and debris. I can also see many people removing them if they prove to be finicky. That’s the problem with many of these fuel economy measures. If repair costs more than the fuel savings. These things are all going to be removed at some point if they become problematic.

Hopefully, they will be robust enough to last in most areas. Power headlights were around a long time and some of them were reliable. We will see. I think that it’s pretty cool but if it broke, I won’t be fixing it with the current fuel prices.

Ford F-150 Active Air Dam in action - deploying at 45 mph 392F5330-0AE3-4AF0-A0C2-41EB5245F1EC

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Do all models and trims have this air dam option?

OP
OP
Wilsons66605

Wilsons66605

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
This video is kinda deceiving.
The dam isn’t as low as it looks.

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Thanks for sharing!! I just want to know how to lower it for cleaning!! It’s a big bug catcher like the rest of them and it drives me nuts with the air dam dirty along with all the other things that could get caught in it.

Sponsored

daemonic3

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F150 3.5EB
Occupation
Engineer
I wonder if the front cameras can sense non-trivial debris in the road and retract the air dam to avoid damage (ala' accident avoidance feature).
I'm going to program mine (with a software update) to simply jump over any debris it detects.

SFD9

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Raptor, 2021 f-150 on order
Occupation
Self
Been thinking about this since I heard they had this active dam, I Sure would like to know how to deploy that while parked. I’d like to put some stickers on there ? maybe ‘move over ➡‘ in reverse writing? It will be retracted in town so nobody will see it unless your at speed.

Sponsored

rjpicucci

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew XL
The thing that bums me out about this is that I wanted to install a front hitch but unless I want to remove this, there's no current option I know of.

NY Cowboy

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat & 2015 Transit T-250
Occupation
Contractor
Here is all the info we get on it as a dealer. I am told any time you are in slippery, deep snow, mud/ruts, trail, or any form of 4x4 is selected the dam will remain up.
ACT AIR DAM.jpg
How do you "lock" it in the retracted position?