First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Power Boost Platinum, 2019 Raptor
Occupation
Retired
I'm thinking of a 2 -2 1/2 inch front leveling kit, that might reduce the fear of ripping it off.
7.5” clearance with deployed dam on stock truck.
Sponsored

SonnyDigs

First Name
Sonny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch
I wonder if the front cameras can sense non-trivial debris in the road and retract the air dam to avoid damage (ala' accident avoidance feature).
I'm thinking the same thing.
I bet it does have a monitoring system built in..

HandyMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F350 Powerstroke
You in addition to the highway workers who won’t have to remove road kill and truck tire debris, save maybe the odd bird or flattened squirrel. LOL
That is funny... but in all seriousness even with the air damn deployed this truck still has more ground clearance than the majority of cars on the road.

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
Sooo has anyone figured out how to remove this thing yet so that we can add the front skid plate from the tremor? Or other aftermarket options?
There are 3 screws on each end of the air dam. You can remove these and it comes right off. You can even remove the motors as well on the backside of the bumper.

Ford F-150 Active Air Dam in action - deploying at 45 mph 802BFFDB-E94E-49BE-8113-83A194A960C5

Ford F-150 Active Air Dam in action - deploying at 45 mph 0C85F36C-4E77-4E67-BCB4-47EA909EFF09

Ford F-150 Active Air Dam in action - deploying at 45 mph 5B55DEF4-1CC7-4A9D-BF22-F813FC5642CA

Viper1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT
Thanks for that great video. With the winter roads around here , that’s going to function as a plow. It’s possible to drive at more than 45 even on snowy roads. If a vehicle ahead drops a chunk of snow or ice from the wheel well, the dam will hit It.

I don’t suppose there is a way to prevent the air damn from deploying
Curious if you are driving in different modes whether it activates or not, like lets say snow or slippery mode

Sponsored

Mike50

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR PB, 2018 Expedition Max Limited
Occupation
Retired
I'm merely speculating, so correct me if I'm wrong. (I'm 3.5 weeks past my scheduled delivery week) I doubt the air dam drops much, if any, lower than the lowest underbody component. If you hit something with the air dam, you were probably going to hit it with your differential. I've seen more than one commenter here mention hitting the air dam while parking. Are you going to be parking at 40 MPH?

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
My front air dam already is having issues. It gets caught so it can't fully retract. Dealership is going to replace.

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
My front air dam already is having issues. It gets caught so it can't fully retract. Dealership is going to replace.
I ran into this just last week. It caught itself somehow and didn’t fully retract so it looks like one side of it was lower than the other. I adjusted the front (fixed) air dam and it reset itself again. So far, no issues since but a little annoying. If it continues, I’m going to have it repaired or remove it altogether.

pigpen23

First Name
Casey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
I ran into this just last week. It caught itself somehow and didn’t fully retract so it looks like one side of it was lower than the other. I adjusted the front (fixed) air dam and it reset itself again. So far, no issues since but a little annoying. If it continues, I’m going to have it repaired or remove it altogether.
Yeah mine was caught in the center and was doing it for a while to the point that it basically deformed the fixed air dam. Dealership is waiting to get the parts in to fix it.

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 base
Occupation
Retired US Army
1st post...
MIne also failed. The part that lowers rests behind the fixed upper air dam. When mine lowers the center goes down too far and gets hung up when it tries to retract.
Scott
East TN

Ford F-150 Active Air Dam in action - deploying at 45 mph 60895EC8-22A9-4080-98F0-8DF104490E5B

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
Wow, that air dam gets down pretty close to the road. Cool video. ??
Haha I was thinking the same thing. I had no idea it got that close to the road. Anyone know if that can be disabled? For example snowy conditions where you potentially go above 45mph.

HCFX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat BAP
I wonder if the motors in these communicate with the computer and will throw a CEL for a non-com code if you unplug and remove them like the grille shutters. I'm just thinking the first time I drive down a lease road I will inevitably forget to put it in off-road mode and rip the thing off.

Between the air dam and all the drivers assistance crap that's now standard, they could've offered me a delete package on both to save some conductor chips for the next guy ?

Lpetters84

First Name
Landon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum FX4 5.0
I wonder if the motors in these communicate with the computer and will throw a CEL for a non-com code if you unplug and remove them like the grille shutters. I'm just thinking the first time I drive down a lease road I will inevitably forget to put it in off-road mode and rip the thing off.

Between the air dam and all the drivers assistance crap that's now standard, they could've offered me a delete package on both to save some conductor chips for the next guy ?
You can always register at the DMV as a chip donor. ?

BDUBSpeed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat

?
Sponsored