Sponsored

Activating vehicle in Ford Pass question.

smoqinhill

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2024 XLT F150, Silverado 1500
Occupation
Retired
I've attempted to add the vin to Ford Pass of my ordered F150 previously and came back not found. Today I added my vin and it shows found and ask me to activate FORDPASS CONNECT. Question is, is there any reason I should not activate now, since I do not have possession, or even know where it's at. I don't want to mess anything up since it is who knows where but would like to get a possible location and other info. The tracker still shows in production as of 2-3-2024 but chat says ETA to dealer 3/31-4/6. Who knows if something isn't right I may refuse to purchase once it does arrive at dealer. I just don't want to possibly screw anything up by activating. Thanks
Sponsored

BigBear

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Future F150
You can attempt to activate, but someone has to be physically in the vehicle to click Accept.

I've attempted to activate twice, pending for a few days then denied.

Even if you get Denied, at least Ford is touching your truck.

HJMACC

First Name
HJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 XLT SCrew 3.5 EB, 6.5’bed, Carbonized gray
My truck is built, and have attempted to Activate my FordPass connect. I receive the following message. “ This vehicle cannot be activated at this time. Please try again once you’ve taken delivery of your vehicle”. I’m not sure how others have managed to do so.

Kanuck

First Name
Don
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 XLT Scab 3.5 EB 6.5 Carbonized Grey Metallic
Occupation
Retired Electrician
You have to be in the truck to accept the activation request. Nothing you can do until you pickup the truck. Your salesman should help you do all that and connect help your phone, ect.

OP
OP

smoqinhill

First Name
Randy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
ordered 2024 XLT F150, Silverado 1500
Occupation
Retired
Thank you all for your comments. What you are all saying makes total sense. I will just leave the vin. in my Ford Pass and wait on the rest.
Sponsored