A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
2022 f150 xlt 3.5 eb with 3600 miles.

My AC will stop blowing out of the vents. It sounds like the blow motor is working its but off but nothing comes put. I have taken several videos with a piece of paper that wont even move when up close to vent to show the dea89* ler. I have an appt tomorrow. Super frustrating on a new truck. It was 89* today and only going to get hotter. Anyone have recent issues and what was the fix?
Sponsored

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
Did you verify your vents are open (little dial under each vent, rotate to the right for Open)
Do you get air out of the defrost vents
Do you get air out of the floor vents
Do you get Heat out of any of them?

Check the cabin air filter, behind the glove box,

OP
OP

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Did you verify your vents are open (little dial under each vent, rotate to the right for Open)

Do you get air out of the defrost vents

Do you get air out of the floor vents

Do you get Heat out of any of them?

Check the cabin air filter, behind the glove box,

All vents were open. No air coming out of floor or defrost. No heat out of vents. Cabin a ir filter? At 3600 miles. No way. I had vehicles with 80k+ and no issues with cabin filter before.

air2mag

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Platinum
I had a blend door issue on my old Lariat. The upper door quit and I didn’t get any air out of the top vents. When the lower one went out I had no flow out the bottom vents. It’s weird it’s both at the same time. Maybe something is driving both blend doors closed?

12Lariat21

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502A
Occupation
Engineering Manager
All vents were open. No air coming out of floor or defrost. No heat out of vents. Cabin a ir filter? At 3600 miles. No way. I had vehicles with 80k+ and no issues with cabin filter before.
Just because it's never happened to you before, doesn't mean it isn't clogged.
Garbage blows around, critters build nests, and manufacturing issues can come loose and cause problems at any time.

My point was did you check it....Take the filter if everything looks good, keep the filter out and turn the fan on, stick your hand in the hole, does it seem like the fan is pulling air, or is it nothing on the inlet side as well.

If the blower motor sounds like its running, and you used to get air out the vents and now can't get air out of anywhere, either the inlet side is blocked, or something else really strange is going on. If you don't feel air movement on the inlet (cabin filter) side, then I'd say you have blower motor problem.

Sponsored

Cleb1021

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 King Ranch

My AC will stop blowing out of the vents. It sounds like the blow motor is working its but off but nothing comes put. I have taken several videos with a piece of paper that wont even move when up close to vent to show the dea89* ler. I have an appt tomorrow. Super frustrating on a new truck. It was 89* today and only going to get hotter. Anyone have recent issues and what was the fix?
I had the same issue intermittently last summer. The evaporator would freeze up, not allowing air to pass through. I believe TSB 22-2089 addresses the problem, however I could never get to the dealer when it was acting up.

One work around I found was to turn off the A/C off and just have the fan running. This seemed to help get cold air flowing and defrost the evaporator.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
I had the same issue intermittently last summer. The evaporator would freeze up, not allowing air to pass through. I believe TSB 22-2089 addresses the problem, however I could never get to the dealer when it was acting up.

One work around I found was to turn off the A/C off and just have the fan running. This seemed to help get cold air flowing and defrost the evaporator.
^^^ This right here.

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150

Hey there. I can look into your F-150’s A/C concerns on my end if you’d like. Will you send us a private message with your VIN and dealership info?

TheMucker

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150

We have had this same issue happen whenever we go on long road trips in the summer. We figured out the trick to toggle the A/C 5 minutes off then on again. But next time I take the truck in for service I will ask them about this TSB.

Thanks for calling out that TSB!

OP
OP

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

If it is this. This would explain the excessive condensate when parked.ill keep this in mind when they call me back.

This would explain the excessive condensate drippage from underneath

Sponsored

Bryan Simon

First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
65 Ranchero, 66 ElCamino, 05 Ranger, and more
Occupation
Maintenance
Have to ask the stupid but not quite so obvious question.

Have You checked to see the vents are selected on the screen??

My truck has on a couple of occasions decided to shut all vents off.
Defrost, Dash Vents, Floor vents all off.

Might have to go in and select the dash vents again.

Ain’t iffy technology great?

OP
OP

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Shout out to this group. Looks like they will be replacing the evaporator. They said they couldn't find a tsb on it, so this morning I opened my phone and wala. I gave then the TSB someone posted earlier. It sucks that it won't be ready until Friday, but I'm glad they are replacing it.

OP
OP

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150

Thanks for the tsb. Looks like there replacing the evaporator. Much appreciated. I hope this solves the issue. Will keep everyone updated.

OP
OP

A_carrillo08

First Name
Adolf
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F150
Update:

AC fixed. Evaporator had to get replaced.
Ford F-150 AC wont blow out of vents 20230301_123022

P-cubed

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Caravan, Ranger, Edge
Update:

AC fixed. Evaporator had to get replaced.
20230301_123022.jpg

Damn, taking apart half the truck...

My AC freezes up too and I hope if they have to go through all this that they can get everything put back together with no squeaks/rattles.

How long was your truck out of service?
Sponsored