Sponsored

AC not blowing cold air

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
on our 2023 F150 PB, A/C compressor seems not working intermittently. it has occurred twice this week now that it's not blowing out cold air. the truck is only one month old with 1300 miles.
Sponsored

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
First time this happened, it resolved itself after couple hours when we started up the truck. we do have an appointment with dealer this coming Friday, kind of hope this issue still there when we take the car in. the fact the issue resolved itself kind of rule out compressor issue or coolant leaking, right? someone on this forum mentioned the AC will shut off the re-circulation mode after the AC been on for a while to limit the AC condensation inside the vehicle, not sure if that has anything to do with our issue. kind of sucks it's one thing after another with this truck. should've bought the Tundra instead, ugggg.

philmayfield

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 XLT Powerboost
I haven't noticed it in my truck, but I also have a Mazda6 with auto climate controls. My wife would occasionally manually turn down the fan which would kick the car out of auto mode. When that happened it felt like the AC wasn't working for whatever reason. Turned on auto, set the temp and its all good.

Shot in the dark, but worth trying.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
I haven't noticed it in my truck, but I also have a Mazda6 with auto climate controls. My wife would occasionally manually turn down the fan which would kick the car out of auto mode. When that happened it felt like the AC wasn't working for whatever reason. Turned on auto, set the temp and its all good.

Shot in the dark, but worth trying.
We always have ours in manual mode.

Sponsored

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
on our 2023 F150 PB, A/C compressor seems not working intermittently. it has occurred twice this week now that it's not blowing out cold air. the truck is only one month old with 1300 miles.
Hello! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this air conditioning concern. Thanks!

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
just as last time. AC issue fixed by itself after parked the truck for couple hours, so basically the issue comes and goes and there's no guarantee dealer can replicate the problem when we take it in this Friday. i've been reading on the other F150 forum and it may have to do with the evaporator coil recall?

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I have the same issue. So does my brother with a 2021 V8. I had to turn off the AC for about 30 minutes before it would blow cold air again. The fan would not blow any air through the vents at all. It's a well known problem if you surf this forum.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
took it to the dealer last friday, since the issue had resolved itself the day before, they could not replicate it. they did a thorough diagnosis and did not find any fault codes. we will take it to the nearest Ford dealer when it happens again next time.

loganlaporte

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Was 2021 F150 Powerboost now 2022 PB Platinum
took it to the dealer last friday, since the issue had resolved itself the day before, they could not replicate it. they did a thorough diagnosis and did not find any fault codes. we will take it to the nearest Ford dealer when it happens again next time.
No need to wait a few hours. Just run the a/c system with compressor off. In a few seconds it'll drain and you can turn it back on again and it'll be good as before.

OP
OP

stlgrym3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F150 PB Lariat
update on this issue, this issue came back today. i told my wife to turn off the AC compressor and just have the air running, she said immediately cold air came in, and it felt even colder than with the AC compressor on. i told her to turn on the AC compressor after 10 minutes see if the cold air stays.
Sponsored