AC and Seat Cooling Not Blowing Cold Air

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
Hello, has anyone experiencing both ac and seat no longer blowing cold air after long usage? Fan is running and in recirculate mode but very little cold air coming out center vents. Known issue on 21 Lariat PB?
Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The seat is only ventilated and it pulls cabin air down through it to produce a cooling effect. It doesn’t blow cold air. I have had no issues with AC so far, but my longest trip has been ~1 hr.

vriggy_3

First Name
Darin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 Lariat, 2005 Ford Mustang GT
Hello, has anyone experiencing both ac and seat no longer blowing cold air after long usage? Fan is running and in recirculate mode but very little cold air coming out center vents. Known issue on 21 Lariat PB?
This is an issue I have had occur for me a couple of times now. It will happen 1.5-2 hours into a trip. The fan speed is audible, but the air coming out of the vents is minimal and in both cases, it was not A/C air. Both times it got so hot in the truck that I was lowering all my windows for any sort of relief. I brought it in to the dealer but since I can't simulate it, they weren't able to do anything. Just hoping Ford can start noticing that this is happening and something can be done.

Stubblejumper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
One evening I had hot air coming out of the passenger side vents. and cold air out of the drivers side. The next morning, they reversed. Both times, pulling over, and shutting off and restarting the engine cured the issue. That was a week ago, and no issues since.

scotty g

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F150 Supercrew Powerboost Agate Black
I've had this happen a few times. I messed around with the temp/fans to no avail.

Sponsored

Ack

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 XLT 4x4
One evening I had hot air coming out of the passenger side vents. and cold air out of the drivers side. The next morning, they reversed. Both times, pulling over, and shutting off and restarting the engine cured the issue. That was a week ago, and no issues since.
Same

jcaspar

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 4x4
The truck will automatically switch from recirculate to outside air after a period of time to prevent too much condensation in the vehicle. This will result in the air being warmer. Not sure if that is what is what you are noticing.

OP
OP

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
That's what I had to do too but happened twice so far.

OP
OP

JerseyGlock

First Name
Jimmy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat Powerboost
The truck will automatically switch from recirculate to outside air after a period of time to prevent too much condensation in the vehicle. This will result in the air being warmer. Not sure if that is what is what you are noticing.
Based on what you said, I should be able to open my windows from time to time while driving and avoid condensation build up in the vehicle.

psambrose

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 2018 Mustang GT 2017 Lincoln MKZ
I would think that pulling hot, humid air in from outside would only introduce more moisture to the interior of the cab. Seems like a dumb feature.

Sponsored

mnstang

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat PB Leadfoot
Occupation
US Gov
Just like @imnuts said, the ventilated seats pull air through the seat, they dont blow air conditioned air through the tiny holes in the leather. This is why you can't really feel the air. But if you hold your hand close to the seat you should be able to *Barely* feel air going over your fingers into the seat.

SILVERBULLET69

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
YOUR GLOVE BOX LIGHT IS ON
I’ve got 4g worth of miles and I have never seen the recirc button turn off nor have I ever not taken it off of max air. If it gets to cold I just roll the window down till it gets hot and roll window back up after.

Merccat

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Space White Lariat SCAB 5.0 4x2
Hopefully I’ll be able to turn off recirculate, I hate recirculated air in a car, makes me feel like I’m sufficating.

Around here temps regularly reach 100+ (I think were at 30 days over 100 so far this year). I have never noticed the system of any past car cooling recirculated air any better than outside air. However our humidity is typically lower (around 50%)

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Hello there! Can you please send over a private message with your VIN? I would like to see what I can do to assist with your truck's AC issue.

BLoflin

First Name
Brooks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 KR PB 6.5'
Occupation
retired
I would think that pulling hot, humid air in from outside would only introduce more moisture to the interior of the cab. Seems like a dumb feature.
Ok, a couple of clarifications....

Yes, opening the window will bring in whatever humidity the outside air has.

Bringing outside air in thru the A/C will dehumidify the air (which is why you see condensate on the ground under your truck).

The human body (bodies) put out A LOT of humidity, particularly in a small space, so much so this is why many RVs have issue with longer term continuous usage in cooler environments (where the A/C is not run much). You will find the interior walls and windows dripping.

So in general, most vehicles will stop re-circ mode after some amount of continuous time to avoid this problem. Again, this is more of an issue, in an enclosed space and at ambient temperatures that don't require (much) actual A/C running.

So it is possible, to have a smart(er) system that either monitors interior humidity, or makes a determination based on the cycle time (how long the compressor is on) over time, on whether, it needs to prevent potential high humidity problems. I don't know how "smart" the F-150 system is.
Sponsored