Sponsored

? about Powered Running Boards

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
My ordered F-150 will have them, but I don't have it yet.

Is there a configuration setting that can set the boards to be deployed (out) when the ignition is OFF and remain that way? This would be a nice way to mitigate door dings from close-by parked vehicles.

Ideally, a way to keep them always deployed except when engine is running.
Sponsored

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
My ordered F-150 will have them, but I don't have it yet.

Is there a configuration setting that can set the boards to be deployed (out) when the ignition is OFF and remain that way? This would be a nice way to mitigate door dings from close-by parked vehicles.

Ideally, a way to keep them always deployed except when engine is running.
Since most cars have sides that are not straight, I don't think it's going to act like a bumber like you're thinking anyway. If you open your door next to a car you'll see that when your door touches the car next to you the bottom of the door is still several inches away due to the curvature of the car doors....

OP
OP
LoneStar

LoneStar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 Toyota 4Runner
contemplative response... but does not address the root question asked. also mitigate does not equal eliminate.

jfdube999

First Name
Jean-Francois
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Platinum 4x4 FX4, 2020 Edge Titanium, 2019 Escape Ti, 2019 Mustang GT PP2
Yes, there's an option to leave them out when the truck is off

JohngaltinOC

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 lariat EB
Occupation
Finance
contemplative response... but does not address the root question asked. also mitigate does not equal eliminate.
LOL, True enough, and not knowing the answer (mine are fixed running boards) I would not have answered if you hadn't shared the part about protection from door dings, so forgive me for butting in. That said, you may yet figure out that my contemplations if correct may make your answer moot, but I hope I'm wrong for both our sakes, I'll take any extra protection I can find in this world. It's rough out there!

Sponsored

Plat_2021

First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2019 F150 Lariat Sport, 2021 Platinum (on order)
Occupation
Network and Security Consultant
I believe the option is always deployed, always retracted / stored, deployed when door is opened and deploy when fob is connected....

JGS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
you also have the option to use the foot switch at the back of the running board to raise and lower from the outside when the doors are closed

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
I like my Platinum's......but i just do not like the fold-out running boards at all. So now, for 2021 they fold out without even opening the door. Sure hope that can be disabled somehow.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
I like my Platinum's......but i just do not like the fold-out running boards at all. So now, for 2021 they fold out without even opening the door. Sure hope that can be disabled somehow.
There is an options in the settings to disable the boards from deploying when you approach the vehicle. I’m not too happy with these boards either. They are too short and annoyingly loud compared with my previous Amp boards

Pete6114

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2023 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Ford employee
There is an options in the settings to disable the boards from deploying when you approach the vehicle. I’m not too happy with these boards either. They are too short and annoyingly loud compared with my previous Amp boards
Glad to hear. Dont have my Truck yet. Had to replace both on my 2019 Expedition. Rather have fixed ones...

Sponsored

wilmaj32

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
08 GT500, 21 Powerboost Lariat , 12 Expedition
Occupation
Retired
The answer is yes, I didnt plan on getting the PD Running Boards but the Lariat I found had them. Love them now. When I wash the truck I deploy them with the foot switch and they stay out until I hit the switch again. There are various options in regards to deployment and are very customizable. I think you'll like them.

PungoteagueDave

First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla MX, Porsche C4S, Ford F-350 KR, Ford F-150 K
Occupation
retired
They are AMP boards, made for Ford.

Jerry Can

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 KR Powerboost, 2-tone Rapid Red, 157”
Occupation
Fuel Container
They are AMP boards, made for Ford.
Perhaps they are made by Amp, but they are not the same as the aftermarket boards sold by Amp. Another couple frustrations are that they are slow to lower, and they open on both sides of the truck (why does the passenger side lower if I open the driver door?).

Sacbone

First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Limited in Star White
Occupation
Retired from printing, engaged in Real Estate management
I would not use them as a bumper. Very expensive to replace
Sponsored