Reaction score
Website
www.auxito.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Senior Manager Of The Official AUXITO Brand Website
Same. Work just fine.
Yes, but I think the more energy efficient and longer lasting LED bulbs are also a good choice.
Sponsored

OP
OP
AUXITO Jackson

AUXITO Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auxito.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Yes, I would replace the non-LED with LED in every instance possible. I would start with Amazon, sponsors of this site, and auto parts stores’ website - Advance Auto Parts, etc. I buy locally when it makes sense for me.
Sounds great. If you're interested in LED bulbs, AUXITO will include you as one of our valued review partners and send you a free pair of high-performance products to review, I'm sure you'll be impressed with AUXITO's products.

Graygoose2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Occupation
Sales
Replace a halogen for another?
Nah...move to LED..

Ryan74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 XLT Carbonized Gray 4x4
I’m shocked halogens are still a thing on anything other than work trucks

Sponsored

OP
OP
AUXITO Jackson

AUXITO Jackson

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.auxito.com
Vehicles
2021 F-150
Occupation
Energy efficient for a car bulb? How so.
Yes, sir, automotive LED bulbs are more energy-efficient than halogen lights because they operate on a different principle of light production.
Halogen bulbs produce light by heating a filament until it becomes white-hot, and this process requires a lot of energy. On the other hand, LED bulbs use semiconductors that emit light when an electrical current is passed through them. This process is much more energy-efficient because very little heat is produced, and almost all the energy is converted into light.
Additionally, LED bulbs have a much longer lifespan than halogen bulbs, which reduces the frequency of bulb replacements and the overall energy consumption. LED bulbs also emit less heat, reducing the load on the vehicle's cooling system and increasing fuel efficiency.

Mtnman1

First Name
Tod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 RCSB FX4
Occupation
Engineer
Yes, sir, automotive LED bulbs are more energy-efficient than halogen lights because they operate on a different principle of light production.
Halogen bulbs produce light by heating a filament until it becomes white-hot, and this process requires a lot of energy. On the other hand, LED bulbs use semiconductors that emit light when an electrical current is passed through them. This process is much more energy-efficient because very little heat is produced, and almost all the energy is converted into light.
Additionally, LED bulbs have a much longer lifespan than halogen bulbs, which reduces the frequency of bulb replacements and the overall energy consumption. LED bulbs also emit less heat, reducing the load on the vehicle's cooling system and increasing fuel efficiency.
Efficiency in an automobile bulb is not relevant. It runs off the alternator/battery. Who cares? Not the same as running off the grid.

The carbon footpront required to manufacture LED is greater than standard bulbs. Especially since you have to factor in the other items required for LED......AC-DC power supply, LED driver, LED (sometimes multiple LED Chips), heat sink, etc.

But yes, LED lasts longer.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.