Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Hello,

I own a 2023 Powerboost XLT with 600 miles on it. Recently the a/c blower stopped blowing air out as it should. I turn the air all the way up to high (7) and it’s as though it is staying in low (1). We really felt it today which was a hot day. I’m going to make an appointment and take back to the dealer for service as soon as possible.
Anyone else here on the forum run into the same problem?
Sponsored

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Turn the truck off.
Come back in 30 minutes
Is it blowing normal now?

Samson16

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 F-150 XLT Powerboost Super Crew 4x4
Occupation
Aviation systems
Was it working properly until today? It took me awhile to figure out the auto"not really" fan button and the regular fan speed up/down switch. The auto button actually limits the max fan speed to three preset levels lol.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I was asking to see if he was experiencing the fairly common frozen evaporator under the dash.

There was a CSP regarding malfunctioning temperature sensor and Ford was replacing the evaporator and sensor. But I think it had a narrowed VIN/Build date fence than was sufficient to apply to all the trucks experiencing the malady.

Edit: was NOT sufficient to cover all the trucks with the issue

Last edited:
OP
OP
blk2021cv

blk2021cv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Turn the truck off.
Come back in 30 minutes
Is it blowing normal now?
Yes, I did that and so far everything is back to normal.

We had parked in a shopping center and our two year old was asleep in the back so I stayed in the truck with her while mom went shopping. We were sitting there for about 30 minutes as the truck ran on battery then idled a bit to recharge the battery nothing out of the ordinary. As I attempted to raise the fan speed I noticed it stayed at the low setting even after I cycled it high to low a few times. So we turned off the truck and left. We returned about an hour later and the a/c blower worked fine. Would go up to high without issue. I guess it was a glitch. I’m still going to take it in and see if maybe there are any updates to the programming that need to be installed and just to get it documented.

Sponsored

OP
OP
blk2021cv

blk2021cv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
Was it working properly until today? It took me awhile to figure out the auto"not really" fan button and the regular fan speed up/down switch. The auto button actually limits the max fan speed to three preset levels lol.
Yes it has been working properly no issues until today. I have not used the auto button yet I have-only controlled fan speed with the up/down switch. I turned off the truck and returned an hour later and everything is working fine. I guess it was some kind of a glitch.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I won't try hard to talk you out of taking it in. But I feel I should mention that if it's working properly when you take it in, it's a 99.9999% chance to be a waste of your time and effort.

As disturbing or frustrating as it might sound, the only thing they would likely put much effort into would require it to be broken while they look at it. It's the the way the system is setup these days.

MJG44

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 Black Pack -22 Expedition Stealth - 03 HD
I've had the "no a/c" issue last summer when I first picked up my truck.
I left it alone but it is coming to a time soon where I will need it again.

I'm just waiting for a few of the minor issues I'm facing pile up to get it in at once. Just such a PITA with my lifestyle to be down a vehicle for any time frame.

OP
OP
blk2021cv

blk2021cv

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Powerboost
Occupation
Maintenance Mechanic
I won't try hard to talk you out of taking it in. But I feel I should mention that if it's working properly when you take it in, it's a 99.9999% chance to be a waste of your time and effort.

As disturbing or frustrating as it might sound, the only thing they would likely put much effort into would require it to be broken while they look at it. It's the the way the system is setup these days.
Yeah, I tried it again this morning with no issues so I did end up canceling my appointment. Just a glitch. Other than this one issue the truck has been great. I’m waiting to get 1,000 miles on the engine before I hook it up to our travel trailer.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Good to hear you are enjoying the truck. They are amazing if they aren't "glitching" 😉

Sponsored

grubbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
Just had this happen this weekend. Drove the truck towing the camper and about an hour and a half into a two hour drive the A/C quite working. Blower would hardly push air. Started working after having it off for a few hours.

adder1221

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat
Mine went out last Wednesday. Turned out to be the evaporator. Driving an explorer while they get it fixed. Sounds like they have to pull out the dash which sucks!

Mast2Beam

First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150
Has anyone had success with the repairs in TSB 22-2089?

I’m trying to bring it to the dealer when it happens again to avoid “could not replicate”. But curious if the repair actually fixes the issue.

grubbster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 F-150 Lariat Powerboost
I've had this happen a few times now and think I have figured out the cause of mine. This has only happened after a hard rain or when I run through a car wash and spray water into the grill. Not sure what is affected but once the truck dries out the a/c starts working normally. Weird....

Ford Motor Company

Official Ford Account
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150
Has anyone had success with the repairs in TSB 22-2089?

I’m trying to bring it to the dealer when it happens again to avoid “could not replicate”. But curious if the repair actually fixes the issue.
Hello, Jim! Send us a private message with your VIN and the name and location of your local Ford dealer. I’d be happy to see what I can do to assist with this concern. Thanks!
Sponsored