$8000 in damage so far - estimate still not ready

OP
OP

jesdamian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
I understand but how will using your tailgate camera at speed help you in case of an accident if it's not captured and stored on a drive?
yep. With as many cameras as the truck has that would be really useful feature. My wife's BMW can record from the 4 main cameras and stores it on a continuous loop in the iDrive system. It can also keep clips that can be removed later via the usb drive if need be.

Would be a real handy feature on the F150
Sponsored

sbi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 5.0L Lariat FX4 Space White SCREW
yep. With as many cameras as the truck has that would be really useful feature. My wife's BMW can record from the 4 main cameras and stores it on a continuous loop in the iDrive system. It can also keep clips that can be removed later via the usb drive if need be.

Would be a real handy feature on the F150

That's a great feature and you are correct, but just accessing it (as in viewing it while driving) won't help us if the image is not stored. I believe all manufacturers will have that capability pretty soon.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
302a crew - 6'5" Sport, Max Tow, FX4
Thats one of the first things I am doing. I am looking at a Wolfbox G840H. There are better dash cams but this also has a rear camera that will let me have the digital rearview mirror that any new truck SHOULD already have. Or Ford should just let us use the built in rearview camera on the full display at speed.

I know I can use the bed cam at speed so I wanted to see what this looks like live before I buy anything. I may be able to use that in a pinch.

Thank god you had yours as lying has become much more popular lately.
How is the install on the Wolfbox G840H?

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
How is the install on the Wolfbox G840H?
I don't know I have not received the truck yet. However there is a nice youtube vid and it looks fairly easy. I also have a local truck audio place by me that said they can cleanly install this type of accessory.

This one attaches to the regular mirror so I do not know if I like that. As stated in a previous post I think there are better dash cams but I do need/want the ability to have a view of the rear when I have the bed loaded so this unit may kill 2 birds with one stone.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I don't know I have not received the truck yet. However there is a nice youtube vid and it looks fairly easy. I also have a local truck audio place by me that said they can cleanly install this type of accessory.

This one attaches to the regular mirror so I do not know if I like that. As stated in a previous post I think there are better dash cams but I do need/want the ability to have a view of the rear when I have the bed loaded so this unit may kill 2 birds with one stone.
I can see the bed view while driving on my 12" dash screen.

Sponsored

EricR

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
"PowerBeast" - our 2021 F150 Lariat 4x4 Powerboost
Guy t-boned us after running a stop sign. He gave the me and the cops false insurance information. Estimate currently at $8000. They're still going through it to see what else got damaged.

Less than a year old and under 10,000 miles
20220517_193658.jpg

:mad:
Bummer, man.

Janesy

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 HDPP
I can see the bed view while driving on my 12" dash screen.
Yep, My 2021 HDPP let's me watch the tailgate backup cam at highways speeds from a button on the dash. But as mentioned, it's useless as it does not record

Reactions: 780

BigEd290

First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Ford F150 Platinum
Occupation
Retired Telecomm
Guy t-boned us after running a stop sign. He gave the me and the cops false insurance information. Estimate currently at $8000. They're still going through it to see what else got damaged.

Less than a year old and under 10,000 miles
20220517_193658.jpg

:mad:
I feel your pain. My platty was just over 3 weeks old and a guy turned in front of me. $8K estimate. Parts on order and shop appointment for 6/13 if parts are available. Waited 9 months for this truck. Glad you're okay.

Ford F-150 $8000 in damage so far - estimate still not ready 20220521_130910

Buddy

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 King Ranch, 2020 Lincoln Aviator
Occupation
Retired Veteran
This is what my 2021 KR looked like after I was T-boned on Jan 24th. Just got my truck back after 4 months and two days, waiting on parts (many parts for a front end). Although my insurance (USAA) took care of everything, I'm glad she has good insurance and it will reimburse mine. Still looking for diminished value from her insurance now that I'm driving a repaired wrecked vehicle. My local Ford dealer did an excellent job putting her back together again. Good luck with your repairs. I speeded up the process by calling Ford Customer Service and they gave me a case number to speed up parts. Not sure it did much good but I could still be waiting if I hadn't done that.

Ford F-150 $8000 in damage so far - estimate still not ready Wreck1

rdr854

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
18 Volvo V90 T5 22 Ford Lightning 23 Subaru Outbac
Did USAA pay for the rental for the full time your truck was awaiting repairs?

Sponsored

DOUGIE0426

First Name
JOSH
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 POWERBOOST XLT CREW 2WD
I had over $30k worth of damage to my XLT PB 2wd and they still didnt total it...all cosmetic (got swiped by a semi and hit from behind by a subaru) but the curtain airbags did deploy so that was most of the $$$. Brand new (Nov '21 with 5500 miles) and had to give it up for 10 weeks while we cancelled RV trip after RV trip and only had a rental for 30days. NOT FUN.

First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Still looking for diminished value from her insurance now that I'm driving a repaired wrecked vehicle.
Absolutely. My father in law just went through a diminished value situation due to an insurance claim while trading his truck. Even though it was just a repaint due to rock chips....

Buddy

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Veteran
Did USAA pay for the rental for the full time your truck was awaiting repairs?
Yes they did, but State Farm, the insurance she had will reimburse USAA. That bill was over 5K.

Buddy

First Name
Buddy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
Retired Veteran
I had over $30k worth of damage to my XLT PB 2wd and they still didnt total it...all cosmetic (got swiped by a semi and hit from behind by a subaru) but the curtain airbags did deploy so that was most of the $$$. Brand new (Nov '21 with 5500 miles) and had to give it up for 10 weeks while we cancelled RV trip after RV trip and only had a rental for 30days. NOT FUN.
Wow, I would have been livid. I only had $20 K in repairs and no where close to totaling it. One reason it took so long to repair is that after they got the parts in, there were so many sensors on the truck, it took awhile to get them all in sync. Now it drives just like it did when I bought it a year ago.

OP
OP

jesdamian

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat
This is what my 2021 KR looked like after I was T-boned on Jan 24th. Just got my truck back after 4 months and two days, waiting on parts (many parts for a front end). Although my insurance (USAA) took care of everything, I'm glad she has good insurance and it will reimburse mine. Still looking for diminished value from her insurance now that I'm driving a repaired wrecked vehicle. My local Ford dealer did an excellent job putting her back together again. Good luck with your repairs. I speeded up the process by calling Ford Customer Service and they gave me a case number to speed up parts. Not sure it did much good but I could still be waiting if I hadn't done that.

Wreck1.jpg
I need to find a good diminished value calculator. That's going to be my next fight. 3 weeks and counting and still don't have a complete estimate for repairs.
Sponsored