Sponsored

8 speaker B&O?

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT, 2013 Edge Limited, 2019 Expedition
So, I have had my truck for just about 2 weeks. Just recently got back from a 480 mile road trip. Was listening to music with both my phone (car play) and normal FM radio.

When I got home I needed to run to the car wash and when I got back in car play started and played music from my Amazon Music app. I then turned it off and switched to FM radio. The sound went really down (loudness) and now whichever way I listen to music, the volume just does not seem to be there.

On our trip I had the volume from 6-8 for either way of listening, and now I have to have it at 10-12 to be about the same level. I can honestly crank it up over 20 without it being very loud to me.

Anyone have this type of issue?
Sponsored

EatDirtFartDust

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 XLT, 2015 Lincoln MKZ
Occupation
Ford service manager
Have Waze going on your phone?
I found if I have Waze running in CarPlay, it turns down the volume really low, like it’s giving me voice directions all the time.
I’ve since stopped using Waze and started using Apple Maps solely and no more volume problems.

OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Have Waze going on your phone?
I found if I have Waze running in CarPlay, it turns down the volume really low, like it’s giving me voice directions all the time.
I’ve since stopped using Waze and started using Apple Maps solely and no more volume problems.
Nope, I have never ran Waze. I now have nothing running on my phone and phone is not connected to Sync at all and the volume for the radio and SAT are very low compared to a few days ago.

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Nope, I have never ran Waze. I now have nothing running on my phone and phone is not connected to Sync at all and the volume for the radio and SAT are very low compared to a few days ago.
Is your volume on the phone all the way up?

Sethysan

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
I have had issues with Apple Car Play cutting my volume on extended trips, however, in your case, what is your speed adjusted settings? It may have been adjusting for your highway driving "increasing the volume" and now that you are back at slower speeds the variation is noticeable.

Let us know how this plays out!

Sponsored

OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Is your volume on the phone all the way up?
Phone volume is not the culprit. Phone is not currently connected to the system.

My FM and SAT radio volume is very low.

allJUMPstyle

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1964 VW Bug, 1963 VW Doublecab, 2021 F-150 ordered
Phone volume is not the culprit. Phone is not currently connected to the system.

My FM and SAT radio volume is very low.
Duh, and that is kinda strange. Not sure how to do it but have you tried to do a hard reset on the sync 4 system? Iv read about it somewhere.

OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I have had issues with Apple Car Play cutting my volume on extended trips, however, in your case, what is your speed adjusted settings? It may have been adjusting for your highway driving "increasing the volume" and now that you are back at slower speeds the variation is noticeable.

Let us know how this plays out!
Speed adjustment setting has been in the medium setting the entire time. I have tried all three and the same issue.

OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Duh, and that is kinda strange. Not sure how to do it but have you tried to do a hard reset on the sync 4 system? Iv read about it somewhere.
Yes, tried the reset. That did not work.

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Somewhat related, but in the gym sometimes my headphones do the exact same thing. It’s like something else is running that’s dropping the volume. And I can’t figure it out.

I know it doesn’t fix your problem, but I know exaclty what you’re talking about.

Sponsored

OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Talked to the service manager. He looked it up, there is an update for the APIM that covers lots of audio and sync stuff, so he is going to update it today for me.

I was looking at the screen on his computer with him and it's crazy how many updates there are to a truck that was just built on 10-7!

Sethysan

First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2017 F-150
Occupation
Healthcare
Talked to the service manager. He looked it up, there is an update for the APIM that covers lots of audio and sync stuff, so he is going to update it today for me.

I was looking at the screen on his computer with him and it's crazy how many updates there are to a truck that was just built on 10-7!

Glad you were able to get it figured out!

OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
OP
OP
ib_jigged

ib_jigged

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Well, the update did not fix it. The rear speakers have very little volume to them. If I move fade to the rear, you have to have it cranked all the way up to basically have normal volume out of them. Move fade to the fronts and they are working fine.

I understand basic stereo setups and the rear should be a filler, but I was expecting more from the rears than what they are now.

If someone can check their 8 speaker B&O system and see if they get the same results? Maybe I am just crazy at this point?!?

Last edited:

TJSparky

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT (302A) 5.0L RockyRidge K2
The rear speakers are indeed very week in volume with the B&O 8 speaker system. I did find if you switch from “Stereo” to “Surround Sound” they are a bit louder but still are not nearly as loud as the fronts.
Sponsored