STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Hey all,

I upgraded the speakers and tweeters in my basic six-speaker setup and messed up on the tweeters.

Fronts: Focal AXC 165S

Rear: Focal Performance 165AC

Tweeter: Focal TWU 1.5

The speakers are an absolute upgrade over stock, and I 100% recommend them as a "premium" plug-and-play option. (now I need to figure out how to add an amp)

Now, the tweeters... Ouch! These things are so bright they hurt your ears. I soon found out that we need 8ohm and not 4ohm tweeters.

There is not a lot of selection out there, so I'm asking the group to post links to any 8hm tweeters you know will work in our trucks.

Thanks again, all!
Sponsored

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 307a PB, Mach E GTPE
OP
OP
STL04

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
I should have thought about that.

Just ordered these-

PAC BB-6PR Pair of Bass Blocker for Tweeters, 6 Inch x 1 Inch x 6 Inch Black https://a.co/d/dQUHJNT
Those appear to be bass blocking crossovers. While the factory tweeters do have a simple protection circuit on them to prevent lower frequencies, you're also wanting ~6db of attenuation. Find some that are adjustable in "turning down" the tweeters. If your speakers came with a crossover that has attenuation, consider using them. Typically there's an option for -3 or -6db. While you do need protectors from lower frequencies, you also should play with different series wired resistors to attenuate the frequency. The factory amp puts out a peak of 25w.

OP
OP
STL04

STL04

First Name
Morhan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Powerboost
Those appear to be bass blocking crossovers. While the factory tweeters do have a simple protection circuit on them to prevent lower frequencies, you're also wanting ~6db of attenuation. Find some that are adjustable in "turning down" the tweeters. If your speakers came with a crossover that has attenuation, consider using them. Typically there's an option for -3 or -6db. While you do need protectors from lower frequencies, you also should play with different series wired resistors to attenuate the frequency. The factory amp puts out a peak of 25w.
Thanks for the advice.

Is something like in the below on par with what I'm needing?

Probably overkill on the watts, but it should allow room for any potential upgraded amp and hopefully keep me in the 8ohm range.

If it will work, then you keep the Bass Blockers or return them? If keeping, then how would you wire everything?

T Tulead Yellow Wirewound Resistors 100W Mouted Resistor 4 Ohm Pack of 4 https://a.co/d/ckJRFxF

Sponsored

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat
If you plan on using an amp on all of your speakers; I’d just wait on that and get one with dsp.

if you want to just tone them down, you can add resistors or try something like the

Alpine S-S10TW.

They are silk dome which I find are not as harsh. They are also 6 ohm and only 88db S/N ratio. Those that you have a 94 S/N, which is fine if you can tune them, but overpowering if you can’t.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks for the advice.

Is something like in the below on par with what I'm needing?

Probably overkill on the watts, but it should allow room for any potential upgraded amp and hopefully keep me in the 8ohm range.

If it will work, then you keep the Bass Blockers or return them? If keeping, then how would you wire everything?

T Tulead Yellow Wirewound Resistors 100W Mouted Resistor 4 Ohm Pack of 4 https://a.co/d/ckJRFxF
Those are way way overkill. Just do some googling and you'll come up with something.

Zyvin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Crew, FX4, Lariat