8/2 Build Week

F150_steve22

First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150
Yes, his was on chip hold (SEP-9 post). This is good news. Great to see movement.
That is correct. I haven't contacted my dealer yet to see if they have more details yet. May wait until Monday to see.
Sponsored

johnbisme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Senior Game Combat Designer
The 8/2 Limbo List
Bangheadhere
catfishkid1986
Cbaka27
CK.Mecha
Dresdie
emersonloyd
F150_steve22 (Adding... missed adding him first time... hopefully will remove soon!)
GripworksCo
Hebed118
Johnbisme
Josh35
Littlefield82
Motosapien
someday
SpikerS
SQLariatPB

(Getting Their Truck!: DuckDuckGreyDuck 8/26)
(Got a different truck: Victimofareload 8/27, Chief Bast 9/2, JosephSchott 9/3, Jloyd98 9/16)

Cbaka27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales
thats what dealer told me but i havent been able to confirm with ford performance, they still say "in production"
PF said they could not see Chip Hold but the dealer printed off the report for me showing the chip hold.

motosapien

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 PB
Orders from April and may which were on chip hold are getting built and shipped.

Hope we are next.

Sponsored

GripworksCo

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Hybrid Super Crew 6.5 FX4
Occupation
Film Video Production
I just got off the phone with Ford Support Followed by Ford Marketing. No one can provide any information regarding the pace of chip hold installations. Apparently they are cranking them out on the assembly line. My dealer now has several PBs coming (all ordered after mine and all spoken for). The only thing they would say is that I WILL get my truck.

Also did anyone else see this troubling article about dealers jacking up prices on previously ordered vehicles??? One more thing to worry about.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a... -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I just got off the phone with Ford Support Followed by Ford Marketing. No one can provide any information regarding the pace of chip hold installations. Apparently they are cranking them out on the assembly line. My dealer now has several PBs coming (all ordered after mine and all spoken for). The only thing they would say is that I WILL get my truck.

Also did anyone else see this troubling article about dealers jacking up prices on previously ordered vehicles??? One more thing to worry about.

https://www.roadandtrack.com/news/a37621749/bronco-customers-are-getting-screwed-by-last-minute-delivery-markups/?source=nl&utm_source=nl_rdt&utm_medium=email&date=091721&utm_campaign=nl25071814&utm_term=AAA -- High Minus Dormant and 90 Day Non Openers
Thanks for the info. Ironically, just yesterday, a competing dealer just called me saying the dealership at which I placed my retail order, had made a last minute "market adjustment" to another customer after waiting on a retail build. Clearly, sounded like shady dealer games to draw customers but, concerning nevertheless.

If you place a custom retail order, be sure to get a signed price agreement for my order (due in any day), that may require a down payment. It's reasonable to assume they are open to legal action if going against the signed agreement.

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Ford is currently transitioning to factory-direct retail ordering. I understand they are rolling it out on a subset of models. It can't get here fast enough. Need to eliminate this middle-man dealer bull.

Cbaka27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales
Ford is currently transitioning to factory-direct retail ordering. I understand they are rolling it out on a subset of models. It can't get here fast enough. Need to eliminate this middle-man dealer bull.
Keep the network for service and to do PDI delivery. Dealerships could double their service bays and not require football fields of concrete parking lots.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
They are talking about fewer vehicles on the lots, that's different than "factory-direct retail ordering"

States have laws about this

Sponsored

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
They are talking about fewer vehicles on the lots, that's different than "factory-direct retail ordering"

States have laws about this
Right. Not "factory direct" per se but but basically so. Dealerships may still participate in Ford Express Buy; or Ford us not forcing them to. Bottom line is it allows consumers to bypass the classic dealership experience.

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Tesla is opening Factory Direct stores all across the country.

Vermont USED TO have a law against that.. not anymore!

I would love NOTHING MORE than to have the ability to tell a Factory Direct FORD sales Manager to go fcuk himself to his face!

Ordered 3/20
Scheduled build 6/7
Rescheduled build 7/12
Rescheduled build 8/6
Rescheduled build 8/14
Rescheduled build 8/21
Rescheduled build 9/9
Rescheduled build 10/6
Rescheduled build.... "this idiot actually thinks we're going to build him a truck"!!! :ROFLMAO:? :giggle::D:p??
-FoMoCo

assholes!
It's a loophole for EV only

diesel97

First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Ford Edge
Occupation
electrical
Right. Not "factory direct" per se but but basically so. Dealerships may still participate in Ford Express Buy; or Ford us not forcing them to. Bottom line is it allows consumers to bypass the classic dealership experience.

catfishkid1986

First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
1987 F150 Lariat, 2005 F150 XL, 2021 F150 PB Laria
Occupation
Material Handler
I may have movement soon... Someone was in the truck today!

Screenshot_20210918-123827_FordPass.jpg
I have been trying this every few days myself, but it errors out within 2 minutes every time.
Sponsored