Sponsored

8/2 Build Week

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
I am but a simple software engineer. We manufacture in a different way :) . But yeah, I'm sure it's a logistical goat rope.
Haha. Right there with you. Crank out those SLOCs! :)
Sponsored

Crockett040

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F-150 Lariat Sport
Occupation
Self Employed
Crocket, that is a NICE lariat build. Talk about loaded. ;)

Thanks! First time I have ever ordered a brand new vehicle. Ordered exactly what I wanted. Hopelly it will keep me happy for a few years! Going to try and resisit the temptation to always want something new.

The VVR never said chip hold, just went into production, than no updates at all till yesterday

Jloyd98

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Rapid Red Sport 302a PB
I made one last and final ditch effort to get some info on my build. For the first time, my salesman sent me a photo of the VVR. Same status as it has been, and the same status of many of my fellow 8/2 club members. "chip hold at factory". :(

Sooo...I am driving a 12 hour round trip tomorrow to purchase a truck similar to my build, but lacking the 6.5 box and tailgate step. It will will have some other things that I didn't order such as FX4 pkg, factory spray in liner, and 20" wheels. As I mentioned in a previous post, this truck was produced in the middle of March, and just finished and shipped last week of August. Some how this particular dealer ordered Powerboost got prioritized in front of our trucks.

This wasn't an easy deal for me to make for a number of reasons, but what a pain in the a$$. They had a great price on the truck (MSRP $61,925 and sale price of $54,494). Guessing they used rebates associated with the order month of February to get to this price. There is nothing within 500 miles of me even remotely close to this deal currently. They offered me a ridiculous lowball $6500 less for my trade initially, and I laughed them off and said no thanks. Low and behold, all the owners and managers got together, and 6 calls and 6 hours later, they relented and tacked on the additional $6500 to my trade in, essentially giving me the same deal as my ordered truck. What a racket. I like one price no haggle dealerships. These guys are out to hose customers as hard as they can on trade-ins.

I guess this may be it. I think I'm doing well enough on this deal that I wouldn't get hurt to bad if I should decide to use this truck for what I need it for the next couple of months, and then order a '22 and trade/sell it when the time comes, but we shall see. I'll post pics in the next couple days if everything goes as planned. I'll continue to follow along out of curiosity in the meantime, and hope that all of you get your trucks very soon.
Ford F-150 8/2 Build Week IMG_1884
Ford F-150 8/2 Build Week IMG_1882.JPG

OP
OP
Littlefield82

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I'm surprised there is not at least one person on this forum who works at the Ford plant in KC or Dearborn that can offer some insight as to what's going on.

OP
OP
Littlefield82

Littlefield82

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Lariat 502a PB FX4 5.5'
Occupation
Civil Engineer
I made one last and final ditch effort to get some info on my build. For the first time, my salesman sent me a photo of the VVR. Same status as it has been, and the same status of many of my fellow 8/2 club members. "chip hold at factory". :(

Sooo...I am driving a 12 hour round trip tomorrow to purchase a truck similar to my build, but lacking the 6.5 box and tailgate step. It will will have some other things that I didn't order such as FX4 pkg, factory spray in liner, and 20" wheels. As I mentioned in a previous post, this truck was produced in the middle of March, and just finished and shipped last week of August. Some how this particular dealer ordered Powerboost got prioritized in front of our trucks.

This wasn't an easy deal for me to make for a number of reasons, but what a pain in the a$$. They had a great price on the truck (MSRP $61,925 and sale price of $54,494). Guessing they used rebates associated with the order month of February to get to this price. There is nothing within 500 miles of me even remotely close to this deal currently. They offered me a ridiculous lowball $6500 less for my trade initially, and I laughed them off and said no thanks. Low and behold, all the owners and managers got together, and 6 calls and 6 hours later, they relented and tacked on the additional $6500 to my trade in, essentially giving me the same deal as my ordered truck. What a racket. I like one price no haggle dealerships. These guys are out to hose customers as hard as they can on trade-ins.

I guess this may be it. I think I'm doing well enough on this deal that I wouldn't get hurt to bad if I should decide to use this truck for what I need it for the next couple of months, and then order a '22 and trade/sell it when the time comes, but we shall see. I'll post pics in the next couple days if everything goes as planned. I'll continue to follow along out of curiosity in the meantime, and hope that all of you get your trucks very soon.
IMG_1884.jpeg
IMG_1882.JPG
Happy for you man and way to work the deal.

Sponsored

johnbisme

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2007 Ford Explorer Sport Trac, 2021 F150 Lariat
Occupation
Senior Game Combat Designer
The 8/2 Limbo List
Bangheadhere
catfishkid1986
Cbaka27
CK.Mecha
Dresdie
emersonloyd
GripworksCo
Hebed118
Jloyd98 (Removing! Found another truck at a distant dealer)
Johnbisme
Josh35
Littlefield82
Motosapien
someday
SpikerS
SQLariatPB

(Getting Their Truck!: DuckDuckGreyDuck 8/26)
(Got a different truck: Victimofareload 8/27, Chief Bast 9/2, JosephSchott 9/3)

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Are we going to have an ETA bump party tomorrow night on the forums or does that begin tonight? *cheers*

emersonloyd

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Hybrid
mine still shows ETA 9/14, but has been updating the "delivered to date" on a daily basis. Now says "to be delivered in 3 days"

Cbaka27

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 on order
Occupation
Sales
mine still shows ETA 9/14, but has been updating the "delivered to date" on a daily basis. Now says "to be delivered in 3 days"
Are you on chip hold?

Sponsored

someday

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Antimatter Blue PB XLT High
I had a moment of weakness last night. I found a 302A Oxford White sport inbound to a local dealer which was optioned with everything I have on my truck except the B&O. It was built on 3/24 though, so I was a little nervous about how long it was sitting.

The dealer just told me they wouldn't accept X-Plan on it. So I'll continue to wait for my order and hope it isn't January before it ships.

Hang in there kids.

Bangheadhere

First Name
Ross
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150, 2016 BMW 535i
Occupation
Keep on Truckin'
Yeah, same here. It seems someone didn't anticipate negative transit times.

Dresdie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2009 Acura TSX
Was yours on chip hold before getting updated to built?
Yes, his was on chip hold (SEP-9 post). This is good news. Great to see movement.
Sponsored