Sponsored

7 Months and Counting for Replacement Cat Converter

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
2022 Power Boost.
October '22 the Service Engine light came on. Dealership said the catalytic converter needed to be replaced. Parts have been on order for 7 months and counting without an ETA. I get that there is a shortage, but this seems excessive. Thoughts?
Sponsored

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
My CEL has been going on and off since March. Took it to the dealer for service but every time the date came it was off until 2 weeks ago. They checked it, and reset it. 3 days later it was back on again. They ordered the parts but on back order and no idea when it will come in so I just wait.
I feel your pain...

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
It's starting to feel like the supply chain fiasco triggered by the pandemic has morphed into the new "normal".

Or put another way, manufacturers, in this case Ford, have become numb to the pain of the supply chain impact on customers. As a result, the urgency it SHOULD/DID generate no longer happens.

It's just so dang common now that tolerance for it ridiculously high.

Buyer2021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 Lariat SuperCab and 2005 XLT SuperCab
Occupation
retired!
I get that there is a shortage, but this seems excessive. Thoughts?
Yes, that's excessive; not sublime but ridiculous.

Curious to know the overall status during the 7 (and continuing) months .... are you still driving with the CEL, has Ford provided a loaner, or what .....?

Sponsored

JJSnell

First Name
JJSnell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 Platinum FX4 PB
Occupation
Owner, IT Consulting\MSP company.
I'd go-to a muffler shop and have them put in a 3rd party and send Ford the bill.
Lemon laws usually have language about unavailable parts when and if the auto is still under warranty.

PB2021

First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 Lariat Powerboost
Gonna suggest you start making some noise at the dealer. It’s unfortunate but you do yourself no favours by quietly waiting. I once waited nearly a month for a transmission part. When it finally came in I asked dealer why it took so long (this was way prior to covid related delays). He said essentially I didn’t make enough fuss which was a shitty answer but basically there are only so many and other dealers had customers making a fuss and were treated as priority.

HammaMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 302a PB, Mach E GTPE
The whole parts shortage is complete BS. Tell ford to walk their happy ass over to the plant and grab one. You can't both have a "part shortage" while the assembly plant has them rolling out the door daily.

Get on the horn w/ the FTC who oversees the warranty act.

OP
OP

jj4567

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150
Yes, that's excessive; not sublime but ridiculous.

Curious to know the overall status during the 7 (and continuing) months .... are you still driving with the CEL, has Ford provided a loaner, or what .....?
Wife's truck. She's been driving it the whole time, to include pulling a horse trailer. Called the dealership and complained yesterday: "excessive . . . need an ETA . . . want to speak with a manager . . . etc., etc." Service tech called back later in the day; magically my parts just came in and we're scheduled for the replacement next week. Ridiculous.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Well there you go.
The one thing that's FAR worse than the spare parts supply delays is dealership service department apathy.

I imagine it's tough to stay empathetic in an industry that unhappy customers are the norm, but if it's your chosen profession, then be professional.

Sponsored

RedTXV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 SQ Limited
Fantastic. My CEL has been on and off as well for about two months now for what I assume is the same issue.

Jaredr821

First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 f150 rocky ridge 5.0 with 3.0 whipple
Occupation
Manager
Start threatening the ford buy back program they will fix it real quick.

Viper

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Toyota Avalon, 2022 F-150 Limited Antimatter Blue
Occupation
Teacher for the Military
22 Limited running 93 octane.
Stopped to check on my 3'rd Cat, they say it came in but are waiting on a gasket now.
Last year CEL came on, took 2-4 months to come in. After replacement the CEL came on again.
Turns out the replaced the wrong one (that one has me baffled) so they reorded the replacement. Took a few more months for all the parts to come in but it finally came in and was replaced. Now I am waiting to have my 3'rd one.
I have to wonder how long these will last.....
Sponsored