Sponsored

7/5 Build Week Club

Matteo711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Ford F-150 King Ranch
All over sudden my ETA changed from Aug 5 to Aug 23. According to the tracker my truck shipped from Argentine ramp in KC on 7/28 and usual transit time to Dallas is no more than 5 days. My dealer has no idea what is going on, he said it could be thousand of reasons. That really sucks.
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried chatting with Ford Performance? They seem to be pretty good in providing info/updates once the truck is in transit.

For instance, I chatted with them yesterday and they said my truck was en route leaving the greater Detroit area. Today, chatted with them again and they said it was passing through the greater Chicago area.

I’d be curious to know what information they could provide.
Sponsored

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
Sorry to hear that. Have you tried chatting with Ford Performance? They seem to be pretty good in providing info/updates once the truck is in transit.

For instance, I chatted with them yesterday and they said my truck was en route leaving the greater Detroit area. Today, chatted with them again and they said it was passing through the greater Chicago area.

I didn't chat with Ford yet, but will do, sounds like a good idea. Thank you!

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
Thanks a lot for the advise, buddy! Just had a chat with Ford Performance and they are nice people indeed. The guy said they don't see a reason why ETA suddenly extended to the end of August but he could provide current position of the r/r car. It's in Oklahoma City, OK and I have no idea why ETA still shows 8/23, it's just few hours away from Dallas. Hopefully the train will arrive at the destination today.

Matteo711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Thanks a lot for the advise, buddy! Just had a chat with Ford Performance and they are nice people indeed. The guy said they don't see a reason why ETA suddenly extended to the end of August but he could provide current position of the r/r car. It's in Oklahoma City, OK and I have no idea why ETA still shows 8/23, it's just few hours away from Dallas. Hopefully the train will arrive at the destination today.
Glad you got some clarification! Guessing Ford tends to be more on the conservative side with ETAs. Can’t imagine it’ll take 2.5 weeks to go a few hours, but hey, with how this whole thing has played out, you never know. Keep us posted!

Matteo711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
This is brutal. ETA on the Mach-E changed to 8/30 last night. It seems the truck has been stuck at a rail yard in the Greater Chicago area (130 miles south of my dealer) for the past couple of days. Assuming there will be no more movement today, but planning to chat with Ford Performance this afternoon to see if there have been any updates.

Sponsored

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
This is brutal. ETA on the Mach-E changed to 8/30 last night. It seems the truck has been stuck at a rail yard in the Greater Chicago area (130 miles south of my dealer) for the past couple of days. Assuming there will be no more movement today, but planning to chat with Ford Performance this afternoon to see if there have been any updates.
Sorry to hear that. I am in logistics and my colleagues in Chicago area advised there is a huge congestion and workforce shortage over there and r/r terminals aren't receiving inbound cargo at the moment. It's a nightmare.

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
Glad you got some clarification! Guessing Ford tends to be more on the conservative side with ETAs. Can’t imagine it’ll take 2.5 weeks to go a few hours, but hey, with how this whole thing has played out, you never know. Keep us posted!
Actually something is wrong with my shipment. I had a chat with Ford Performance this morning and they advised the truck is still "passing through Oklahoma City". The status didn't update since August 4 and that's exactly the date when my ETA changed from 8/5 to 8/23. Ford Performance have no any additional info on that. So it looks like the train stuck in Oklahoma City for no apparent reason (maybe flat tire?:)).

Matteo711

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Sorry to hear that. I am in logistics and my colleagues in Chicago area advised there is a huge congestion and workforce shortage over there and r/r terminals aren't receiving inbound cargo at the moment. It's a nightmare.
I appreciate that insight, as disappointing as it is. But I get it.

There’s probably a reason why yours is stuck in OKC, Ford Performance just can’t provide it. That’s the tough thing about chatting with them. They’re so limited in what they can tell you. Let’s hope both of ours take a turn (literally) in the right direction ASAP.

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
I sent an activation request in the Fordpass on a day the truck was built and was waiting for authorization since then. 30 minutes ago Fordpass popped up a message "Activation Denied". Am I right if this means somebody (either transporter's driver or dealership employee) clicked Deny on the screen? If so the truck is at the very end of her trip and I should expect a call pretty soon.

flynavy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 XLT
Occupation
Pilot
I sent an activation request in the Fordpass on a day the truck was built and was waiting for authorization since then. 30 minutes ago Fordpass popped up a message "Activation Denied". Am I right if this means somebody (either transporter's driver or dealership employee) clicked Deny on the screen? If so the truck is at the very end of her trip and I should expect a call pretty soon.
I did the same, think it’s just timing out and not actually being denied.

Sponsored

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
I did the same, think it’s just timing out and not actually being denied.
Hmm, I was looking for activation timeout info on the Ford site and found this:
"Note: If you do not press Allow within 10 consecutive startups, you will need to restart the activation process from the beginning."
Mine was pending for 38 days.

Last edited:

JeffC57

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 F-150 Lariat Sport 4x4 SCab, '18 Linc MKZ Hyb
Occupation
Retired Electrical Engineer
Hmm, I was looking for activation timeout info on the Ford site and found this:
"Note: If you do not press Allow within 10 consecutive startups, you will need to restart the activation process from the beginning."
Mine was pending for 38 days.
I tried to activate my Ford Pass account while my Lariat was still in transit. The app "knew" the VIN but it would not activate. Ultimately it was a few hours after the truck was in my driveway before it was activated. When I took delivery of the truck, the salesman said the dealership had initiated the activation process but it can take anywhere from a few minutes to a few hours for it to go through at "Ford IT Central".

Ecjr

First Name
Edgar
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
F-150, BMW
I’m hoping this is the week. My truck has been sitting at the local port waiting on transport to the dealer for 2 weeks now. My tracker states delivery this week. Hope it gets in. I was hoping it would arrive early but doesn’t seem to be the case.

Jean Deaux

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 F150 XLT FX4 5.0
Fordpass "Activation denied" mystery solved. Ford Performance advised this morning the most recent status is "Passing through Alliance, TX" on Sat 8/7. Alliance is our local hub where all inbound trucks delivered and then loaded on car haulers for moving to dealerships. And I received "Activation denied" message the same day on 8/7. It looks like it was the 10th consecutive startup when the truck unloaded from the r/r car, that's why I got the message. Anyways Alliance is just 20 minutes away from my dealership, it couldn't be any closer.