7.2kw ProPower has been removed from Factory Order

OP
OP

JohnnyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat PB
I’m assuming you’re in Canada by the way you’re spelling “color” lol. I wonder if that has anything to do with it? Btw I also agree that you’ve gotta get the 7.2! I hope you get your truck soon. I’m loving mine. It really is an amazing vehicle. So far getting almost 26mpg!
There's only one proper way to spell colour 😉 Haha all jokes aside, yes I am in Canada.
Still waiting to hear back from both Ford and my dealer. I've followed up with both today but still crickets. I've been thinking about trying a little harder with Ford via social media, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. I don't want to wait too long though as it's only 3 weeks away from what is supposed to be the build week.
Sponsored

astrand1

First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 Ford F150 Powerboost 7.2kw
Occupation
Studio truck driver
There's only one proper way to spell colour 😉 Haha all jokes aside, yes I am in Canada.
Still waiting to hear back from both Ford and my dealer. I've followed up with both today but still crickets. I've been thinking about trying a little harder with Ford via social media, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow. I don't want to wait too long though as it's only 3 weeks away from what is supposed to be the build week.
Well good luck my friend. And yeah yeah you guys up in the great white north like to add letters to words. 😂😂 btw I’m in Michigan. I could run down to the Dearborn plant where your truck will be built and give them a piece of my mind. Somehow I don’t think they will listen though.

hedge

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 F350
Thanks for the heads up, I'll be sure to watch for this on my order. I just submitted so it has essentially went nowhere. I'm also in Canada.

OP
OP

JohnnyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat PB
I'm pulling for you, so don't get me wrong. :)

But I don't have a ton of faith in the automation of the ordering system being very accommodating of human intervention. And you are literally witnessing why. It invites finger-pointing.

Worst case scenario, if it arrives and it's not what you want, you are NOT stuck with it.
Yeah. This is looking less and less likely that it's going to go the way I would like it to go.
Still be routed in circles. Ford social media channels are telling me they can't do anything more than the customer service people I spoke on the phone are able to do and to contact my sales manager. I'm trying one last-ditch effort with the sales manager at the dealer.

If I don't take the truck then I have to place a new order and the prices have increased, I could buy a number of portable generators for the price of what a new order would cost me just to get the 7.2kw. so I'm not sure it makes any sense to cancel.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
Yeah. This is looking less and less likely that it's going to go the way I would like it to go.
Still be routed in circles. Ford social media channels are telling me they can't do anything more than the customer service people I spoke on the phone are able to do and to contact my sales manager. I'm trying one last-ditch effort with the sales manager at the dealer.

If I don't take the truck then I have to place a new order and the prices have increased, I could buy a number of portable generators for the price of what a new order would cost me just to get the 7.2kw. so I'm not sure it makes any sense to cancel.
Who knows? it might show up as 7.2KW :)

For me it's not so much about the price of purchasing a standalone generator. I've been toting them around in the bed of the truck for years. But now I'm old and my Yamaha 3000 inverter is too heavy for me to fuss with. Not to mention the gas cans and the noise.

Folks complain about the Payload Capacity hit for the Powerboost drivetrain but Ford actually did me (us) a favor by increasing the Powerboost GVW by 300lbs. So the real loss on the yellow sticker is only about 200lbs. Which coincidentally is how much the Yamaha generator and a full 5 gallon gas can weighs. So for someone like me it's the perfect solution and can provide double the Kilowatts. In fact it can run 2 30Amp RV's with aplomb. :)

Again, I'm pulling for you to get what you wanted.

Sponsored

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
22 F150 XLT Powerboost FX4 302A Oxford White
Occupation
IT

Like @Snakebitten said, it might have the 7.2KW output on it.

Another options is to pick up a battery backup unit like the EcoFlow. The higher output ones are pricey but people have linked multiple units together and powered their houses off them.

OP
OP

JohnnyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat PB
Update:
After contacting the sales manager directly, it was indicated to me that my dealer did in fact make the change to 2.4kw, as the 7.2kw was going to delay the production and if the production was delayed then the truck would go to a 2023 MY and I would be subject to the price increases. I understand why they did it, not happy about it, but I understand it. I'm also perplexed that my salesman didn't know about it either (either that, or he's actually an incredible actor).
I've asked them to look into adding the 7.2kw post-production and am waiting to hear back.
It's not a DEAL breaker for me, I ordered it due to the few times that it may come in handy and for resale down the road; that's why I added it after my initial order.
It's VERY advantageous to me (monetarily) to take the truck due to the deal that I was given on it.

I'll update as to what I'm told from the dealer re: adding the 7.2kw post-production.

Kodiak

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F-150 Lariat PB 7.2k, 4x4 502a Atlas Blue BAP
I can't imagine that it would be cheap to make the swap, if it is even possible, but I hope it is for you.

Good luck with it and thanks for keeping this thread updated!

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
I can't imagine that it would be cheap to make the swap, if it is even possible, but I hope it is for you.

Good luck with it and thanks for keeping this thread updated!
Another member had it done in under an hour. I want to say all that needs to be done is swap the panel in the bed, the inverter and recode the system for the 7.2KW setup. I did some digging and the power panel runs about $340USD, but I couldn't locate anything on the inverter/generator. 😕

OP
OP

JohnnyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat PB
Another member had it done in under an hour. I want to say all that needs to be done is swap the panel in the bed, the inverter and recode the system for the 7.2KW setup. I did some digging and the power panel runs about $340USD, but I couldn't locate anything on the inverter/generator. 😕
That's the thread I was thinking about. I wondered what the 'generator' was as well...

Sponsored

imnuts

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 502A Powerboost 4×4
Occupation
Facilities Engineer
The difference is the user that had it upgraded ordered the 7.2 kW system and it came in wrong. If you order the 2.4 kW, you are likely going to need to upgrade wiring as well, because I feel like the harness is probably different.

Porpoise Hork

First Name
Bret
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Occupation
IT
The difference is the user that had it upgraded ordered the 7.2 kW system and it came in wrong. If you order the 2.4 kW, you are likely going to need to upgrade wiring as well, because I feel like the harness is probably different.
That's a possibility, provided Ford has separate part numbers for the 2.4 and 7.2kw harnesses. I did some digging and so far the only difference in parts I can see are the 400w, 2.4 and 7.2kw service panels in the bed. I still have not been able to locate the part number for the different inverters yet.

OP
OP

JohnnyGuy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'22 Lariat PB
That's a possibility, provided Ford has separate part numbers for the 2.4 and 7.2kw harnesses. I did some digging and so far the only difference in parts I can see are the 400w, 2.4 and 7.2kw service panels in the bed. I still have not been able to locate the part number for the different inverters yet.
I've told them I am going to take the truck with the 2.4 but have asked them to seriously look I to converting post production. They've included their service manager in the communications for his comment.
Meant to do my own investigations into parts last night but didn't get around to it.

tottendan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Lariat F150 Powerboost
Below is the printout from the dealer after I asked them to make the change to 7.2kw.
Note this was before I asked for the change from Agate Black to Carbonized Gray.
No other changes were made.

Screenshot_20220906-193517.jpg
I might be in the same category. I know we selected the 7.2 and made no changes after the order. Once the. VIN was shared I noticed it was listing 2.4 and the window sticker apparently on a 2.4 does not call it out. I just hope Ford did NOT drop this as an option as I will just reorder again - I can wait to get what I want.

Snakebitten

First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2022 F150 KingRanch Powerboost
If the choice would have been 3.6KW or 7.2KW, the lessor wouldn't have been such a bummer.
But for a boondocker, the 2.4 is a letdown.

I agree with you for walking away and waiting for the setup that works for your desires.
Sponsored